Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Version [1.8.5.1] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an error when the NetLog file has no usable entry (e.g. when starting ED).
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Version [1.8.5.2] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue on start, if no game path was selected.
  • Fixed an error while transfering the History database at the launcher.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Version [1.8.5.1] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an error when the NetLog file has no usable entry (e.g. when starting ED).
Notes:

It seems to be working now. After I started up ED and then TCE, it seemed to fix the exception error. The update is working as it should so far. Thanks for everything yo udo because the add-on is really helpful and awesome. Really love your work.

Hi Eventure,
just updated from 1.8.4.9 to 1.8.5.2, which was a full install. Unfortunately the following transfer of the DB stopped with an error. I tried seveveral times with a backup of my DB, but without luck. TCE stopped always at the same position. See picture below..
Because no bug report was created and I couldn't create one either due to the fact TCE was dead after the error popped up, I also add the text from the error message.

Thanks.. and.. I am sorry to spoil your sunday evening..

Attachments

• TCE_Error.png
    TCE_Error.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 76
  • TCE_Error.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 120
Hi Eventure,
just updated from 1.8.4.9 to 1.8.5.2, which was a full install. Unfortunately the following transfer of the DB stopped with an error. I tried seveveral times with a backup of my DB, but without luck. TCE stopped always at the same position. See picture below..
Because no bug report was created and I couldn't create one either due to the fact TCE was dead after the error popped up, I also add the text from the error message.

Thanks.. and.. I am sorry to spoil your sunday evening..
Had the same issue. Emailed my error zip file to @eventure. As a work around, I reverted to the older version in TCE.old folder, clicked update again, but unchecked 'Automatic Transfer'. I then did a manual transfer of the previous data in TCE.old folder and selected all except HISTORY DB (I don't really care if anything is lost) so the correct HISTORY format DB is used. I then verified and repaired DBs after transfer completed.

Version [1.8.5.3] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed another error while transfering the History database at the launcher.
Notes:

Version [1.8.5.4] released
Changelog:
  • Added a partial rework of the Mission panel. Better and bigger display with more functionality.
  • Added the required number of kills for suitable missions to the mission details at the Missions tab of the Personal panel.
  • Added a status message instead of displaying an empty list to the Mission, Shopping, Cargo And Waypoint panel.
  • Fixed a display issue of the mission details which was covered by the note box at the Missions tab of the Personal panel.
Notes:

Version [1.8.5.5] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an error with the Auto Destination mode for missions.
Notes:

Hi Eventure,

I am not sure this is a bug or something I am doing wrong, but when I look at the settings tab in the launcher it reads there a 0 Log files detected. However, if i press the button to the right it directs me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\Logs\ where more than a few netlogs files can be found.

So long TCE seems to work fine although I found that ranks progress is not updating (i.e. ED display 75% while TCE displays 45%).

Thanks for your help and for a fantastic tool!

Hi Eventure,

I am not sure this is a bug or something I am doing wrong, but when I look at the settings tab in the launcher it reads there a 0 Log files detected. However, if i press the button to the right it directs me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\Logs\ where more than a few netlogs files can be found.

So long TCE seems to work fine although I found that ranks progress is not updating (i.e. ED display 75% while TCE displays 45%).

Thanks for your help and for a fantastic tool!
Hi Too Too Whan,

oh yes, the logs count is bugged and will be fixed with the next update. It's only a display issue.
The rank progress is only available on startup of ED, so the 45% was reported by the journal on the beginning of your session, but sadly there is no entry at the journal, which reporting the progression while gaming, so TCE can't continiously update the rank progress. On a restart of ED, TCE will update the progress again.

Hi Too Too Whan,

oh yes, the logs count is bugged and will be fixed with the next update. It's only a display issue.
The rank progress is only available on startup of ED, so the 45% was reported by the journal on the beginning of your session, but sadly there is no entry at the journal, which reporting the progression while gaming, so TCE can't continiously update the rank progress. On a restart of ED, TCE will update the progress again.
Understood! Many thanks!

So I guess the right way to do it in order to have the rank progress updated on startup would be: (1) Launch ED; and (2) once sitting in the cockpit, launch TCE.

So I guess the right way to do it in order to have the rank progress updated on startup would be: (1) Launch ED; and (2) once sitting in the cockpit, launch TCE.
TCE updating the progress, as soon as it is available at the journal, either by starting ED first or TCE. It makes no difference.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.5.6] released
Changelog:
  • Added missing russian translations to the Language database.
  • Added an error message window at the top-left corner with options, how to proceed in case of an error at the event monitor.
  • Removed the message box in case of an error from the event monitor, so ED stays controllable if something goes wrong.
  • Fixed a display issue of the logs count at the Settings tab of the Launcher.
  • Fixed a rare error when starting a trade route at the Route Finder panel.
  • Fixed a display issue with the 'Search Trade Route' button when a route was started and the panel was reopened at the Route Finder panel.
Notes:

Getting back into Elite, so updating my 3rd party tools. When I got to TCE, installing the new version had problems with the old database. I'd not done anything with the old version prior to the upgrade. Then vaguely recalled when upgrading, it needs handling of the database before the upgrade. Oh well. Removed the install, then reinstalled. Took a long time to go through the game journals. After finishing, I needed to remember how to configure things. Very complex. Switched the display to my laptop panel (I have an external monitor as main display).

Anyhoo, I can't find how to fade the overlay as I normally want it hidden. And there's so much in it. Kind of daunting to figure out what I want.

EDIT: Added a keybinding to show/hide the display.

Last edited:
Hey Eventure,

When starting TCE, I get it permanently "waiting for ED - pls enter the game or restart"

This is with odyssey.

It recognises jumps as usual and gives me the pop up for each system - just nothing for trading.

What am I doing wrong? I admit I haven't tested it with ED Horizons since I upgraded.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Eventure,

When starting TCE, I get it permanently "waiting for ED - pls enter the game or restart"

This is with odyssey.

It recognises jumps as usual and gives me the pop up for each system - just nothing for trading.

What am I doing wrong? I admit I haven't tested it with ED Horizons since I upgraded.

Thanks in advance!
Change the game path in TCE (Settings tab of the Launcher) to Odyssey. Odyssey has it's own folder.

Version [1.8.5.7] released
Changelog:
  • Added an expansion of the 'ApproachSettlement' event that all reported locations become automatically added to database.
  • Added an expansion of the error log including now the event data to replicate an issue more easily.
  • Fixed the game version display to be compatible with the Odyssey DLC at the Settings tab of the Launcher.
  • Fixed muptiple errors of events coming through the Odyssey update.
Notes:

Reminder:
If you want to play Odyssey and you played Horizons before (or vice versa), change the game path at the Settings tab at the launcher, because Odyssey and Horizons has it's own game folder.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.5.8] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with the new ship ID's of suits at some events.
  • Fixed an issue with the error message window not displaying on top of the UI.
  • Changed the error processing order that an error report file is now created after clicking the 'Send Report' button, reducing waiting time to continue.
Notes:

Reminder:
If you want to play Odyssey and you played Horizons before (or vice versa), change the game path at the Settings tab at the launcher, because Odyssey and Horizons has it's own game folder.

Top Bottom