Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi, I'm having a strange problem with the route planner panel - I cannot find the Select button to select a station, I only have the cancel button at the bottom, even though I've selected a station and commodity to buy. What am I missing?

I'm using the latest version 1.8.8.2 , I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• 2021-11-16 23_36_56-Panel_RoutePlanner.png
    2021-11-16 23_36_56-Panel_RoutePlanner.png
    115 KB · Views: 55
Hi, I'm having a strange problem with the route planner panel - I cannot find the Select button to select a station, I only have the cancel button at the bottom, even though I've selected a station and commodity to buy. What am I missing?

I'm using the latest version 1.8.8.2 , I've attached a screenshot.
Never mind, I did a verify and repair of the databases, and it fixed it, the select button now shows up.

Version [1.8.8.3] released
Changelog:
  • Added a warning sign if playing Odyssey and TCE Is configured to use the Horizons game path at the Launcher.
  • Fixed a rare error when entering the commodity market of the game while TCE updating the market database in the back.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

I cannot get TCE to launch after updating. The LAUNCHING bar appears at the top of the screen and gets to 65% but won't progress any further. I've waited over 10 minutes for it to finish whatever its trying to do and still nothing. I've also tried force quitting and relaunching as well as restarting the PC. There is no error message and the logs don't show anything of value, that I could see. Any ideas what I should try next?

I cannot get TCE to launch after updating. The LAUNCHING bar appears at the top of the screen and gets to 65% but won't progress any further. I've waited over 10 minutes for it to finish whatever its trying to do and still nothing. I've also tried force quitting and relaunching as well as restarting the PC. There is no error message and the logs don't show anything of value, that I could see. Any ideas what I should try next?
Please check first, that your databases won't show any error. If so, repair it. Otherwise send me the bug report files for a check.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Eventure,

I have the exact same problem with the latest release.8-((

I have verified the database files but the launcher does not get beyond 65%.

The repair option does not allow me to use it, the button does not function.

Bug report attached.

Martin

Last edited:
Version [1.8.8.4] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue when launching TCE, ending in an endless loop.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
TCE is set to auto login and bypass launcher. How do i get to launcher?
You can do one of the following:
1. Enter the Options panel and uncheck the Bypass Launcher option, or
2. Add the -SAFEMODE parameter to the executable, or
3. Change at the TCE.config under Option settings the "TCEQuickstart" parameter to "False".

Last edited:
Version [1.8.8.4] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue when launching TCE, ending in an endless loop.
Notes:

Thank you for the updates! I cannot update to the newest release though... The TCE launcher downloads the release, then I get the exception error similar to the one above (see below). Then the launcher hangs on "Exiting TCE to finish installing". It never exits/restarts. I tried updating Visual C++ like you suggested above, but that didn't seem to help. Any other suggestions?

1637961885352.png

Thank you for the updates! I cannot update to the newest release though... The TCE launcher downloads the release, then I get the exception error similar to the one above (see below). Then the launcher hangs on "Exiting TCE to finish installing". It never exits/restarts. I tried updating Visual C++ like you suggested above, but that didn't seem to help. Any other suggestions?

View attachment 277215
I tried installing from the .msi file, and now I'm getting "read" access errors for two .rbf files in the TCE directory -- any suggestions?

View attachment 277215
My guess is, that your AV app hinders to install or preventing execution of the updater. Please try to add an exception for the TCE folder/executable.

Hi, thanks for your great work! I did want to report an issue I noticed, I was collecting some grade 4 materials, an TCE looked like it was having an issue staying connected to Elite Dangerous. When I would land or board my ship it would say "Waiting for Elite Dangerous" and "Please Enter the game or Restart"

Is this normal or do I have this set up incorrectly? I've attached an event debug file in case that's helpful.

Attachments

• EventDebug 1.8.8.4 01-12-2021.log
    6.9 KB · Views: 51
Seems to be a config issue, but without a complete file check, I can't say it for sure!

Please redo the "Start Auto Detection Process" at the Settings tab of the Launcher, or
point the "Application Path" directly to the EliteDangerous64.exe at the ..\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 path.

If that doesn't work for you, you can send me the ErrorReportFile.7z from the installation path of TCE, which is automatically created when hitting the Report a Bug button.

Thanks for the info. I pointed the application path directly to the .exe and I'm still seeing the issue. Upon further inspection, it'll display that message starting at SRV deployment, and ending when jumping to supercruise after returning to the ship. I've attached the Error Report File and the event debug file below for your review.

Edit: The other file seems to large to upload here, I'll send you an email. Thanks!

Attachments

• EventDebug 1.8.8.4 02-12-2021.log
    36.8 KB · Views: 53
Version [1.8.8.5] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue from undocumented changes of some events coming with the latest patch of ED.
Notes:

Top Bottom