Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

I'm having the issue again where the Event Reporter doesn't pop out notifications. When TCE loads there are normally like 3 or 4 pop out events like welcome and relay started, etc but none of these are happening. If i uncheck Event Report, then relaunch the app the events pop out for that next run, but if i close TCE the Event Reporter again stops working until i repeat the above. Last time this happened, there was an update for some other items and it stopped happening but it is occurring again and im not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?

I'm having the issue again where the Event Reporter doesn't pop out notifications. When TCE loads there are normally like 3 or 4 pop out events like welcome and relay started, etc but none of these are happening. If i uncheck Event Report, then relaunch the app the events pop out for that next run, but if i close TCE the Event Reporter again stops working until i repeat the above. Last time this happened, there was an update for some other items and it stopped happening but it is occurring again and im not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?
Can you send me again your files for a check?
Thanks in advance.

i am having a odd problem in elite. when i use odyssey i have unusable lag spikes. especaly when i use TCE. till you have clicked off the game the lag go's away. In horizons i have the same lag spikes(not just for the game but for my whole computer) but TCE is relative'ly useable. It happened when i upgraded from 1.8.8.9 to 1.8.9.0 it happened a few times before this but it was a one off during my mulit-hour sessions.

My system is a FX-8350 eight cores 4Ghz processor, with a R9 290X sapphire Tristan system, triple 1920 × 1080 by 75hz flat screen HDMI monitors. JBL Quantum 600 headsets, and one terabyte of Seagate SSD {st1000vm002-1ct162}. as my C: drive. Riding on a Gigabyte 9890FXA-ud3. I have gone through and ran all the system test in both elite and in TCE that i could find to see if there was a incompatibility. i could not find one. so i thought it was a update issue. i started downgrading my TCE version. i downgraded all the way to 1.8.8.0 (last know version to work with no issues) i would love some help with this issue. i have over a 1000 hours in the game and i absolutely love it. its just for me to be able to play effectively i have to have this tool, and i feel as if i am going to cry.

i am having a odd problem in elite. when i use odyssey i have unusable lag spikes. especaly when i use TCE. till you have clicked off the game the lag go's away. In horizons i have the same lag spikes(not just for the game but for my whole computer) but TCE is relative'ly useable. It happened when i upgraded from 1.8.8.9 to 1.8.9.0 it happened a few times before this but it was a one off during my mulit-hour sessions.

My system is a FX-8350 eight cores 4Ghz processor, with a R9 290X sapphire Tristan system, triple 1920 × 1080 by 75hz flat screen HDMI monitors. JBL Quantum 600 headsets, and one terabyte of Seagate SSD {st1000vm002-1ct162}. as my C: drive. Riding on a Gigabyte 9890FXA-ud3. I have gone through and ran all the system test in both elite and in TCE that i could find to see if there was a incompatibility. i could not find one. so i thought it was a update issue. i started downgrading my TCE version. i downgraded all the way to 1.8.8.0 (last know version to work with no issues) i would love some help with this issue. i have over a 1000 hours in the game and i absolutely love it. its just for me to be able to play effectively i have to have this tool, and i feel as if i am going to cry.
Do you have the automatic update service enabled and if so, have you stopped it to see if there is a difference?
Do you have both Options OFF in the Extensions section of the Launcher (CACHE... and DYNAMIC...)?
What are your other Extensions settings?
How much memory do you have?
Have you run Windows Resource Monitor to see CPU, Memory and Disk utilization to see if there is an issue? I found my CPU and memory issues running Star Citizen using this and see what available CPU/memory was available for use.

Do you have the automatic update service enabled and if so, have you stopped it to see if there is a difference?
Do you have both Options OFF in the Extensions section of the Launcher (CACHE... and DYNAMIC...)?
What are your other Extensions settings?
How much memory do you have?
Have you run Windows Resource Monitor to see CPU, Memory and Disk utilization to see if there is an issue? I found my CPU and memory issues running Star Citizen using this and see what available CPU/memory was available for use.
both options are on. i never changed it from when i downloaded it. i have 32 GBs of ram and im olny at ~80% total cpu usage while running both elite and TCE. ram usage it even lower. i used to run tce have multiple tabs open in chrome, atleast one stream from youtube. and a extensive exel sheet open all with no issues

both options are on. i never changed it from when i downloaded it. i have 32 GBs of ram and im olny at ~80% total cpu usage while running both elite and TCE. ram usage it even lower. i used to run tce have multiple tabs open in chrome, atleast one stream from youtube. and a extensive exel sheet open all with no issues
Lag spikes can occur if the Trade Range is set too high.
Reduce this value a bit (it shouldn't be more than 3x your ship's jump range) and see if the lag are reduced or even gone. If they are gone, you can increase the value a bit until the lag start again. Then you have determined the value that is practicable on your system with your CPU.

TCE's performance is very CPU dependent. The more cores, the higher the clock rate, the better TCE performs with a high trade range.

Lag spikes can occur if the Trade Range is set too high.
Reduce this value a bit (it shouldn't be more than 3x your ship's jump range) and see if the lag are reduced or even gone. If they are gone, you can increase the value a bit until the lag start again. Then you have determined the value that is practicable on your system with your CPU.

TCE's performance is very CPU dependent. The more cores, the higher the clock rate, the better TCE performs with a high trade range.
even with ajusting my trade range down to 30 ly from 100 and my market range down to 20 ly (my jump capasity) im getting even worse lag. its not lag in responce of what my CPU is reporting. my GPU is also reporting low usage and ram is using no more than 8 to 9 Gigabites of total system usage during and running the game. this is with TCE, Elite horz, and chrome running a video. all of which i was able to do untill this started i havent done any changes to my TCE configuration. i did reset my pc to factory and reinstall everything clean then this started. if i had a flag i could fallow then i could figure it out on my own. but im not seeing any bottle necks in my system

Version [1.8.9.1] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed a possible error when EDDB data have an empty price data entry at the EDDB-Relay web service.
  • Fixed a rare error if tracking one or more factions when approaching a star system.
  • Fixed an error at the ship destination routine when selecting manually one station as a destination.
  • Fixed a possible error when EDDB-Relay is updating the market database on-the-fly.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello.
Doesn't want to start.
After choosing a commander and clicking on "log in", an endless loading occurs.

Installed in C:\
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 installed
EDMarketConnector installed

Attached system information

Help me please

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    70.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2022-03-12_11-46-17.png
    2022-03-12_11-46-17.png
    741.3 KB · Views: 50
Hello.
Doesn't want to start.
After choosing a commander and clicking on "log in", an endless loading occurs.

Installed in C:\
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 installed
EDMarketConnector installed

Attached system information

Help me please
Hi Catman92,
your issue seems to be a firewall or security related issue.

Please check your firewall, if TCE can access the internet, required for updates and the EDDB-Relay service.
Second, install TCE to a different drive than your OS drive. The OS drive has a tighter security setting and could block TCE by creating or updating it's own files and databases.
At last, check also your AV app, that TCE wasn't blocked by it.

Hi Catman92,
your issue seems to be a firewall or security related issue.

Please check your firewall, if TCE can access the internet, required for updates and the EDDB-Relay service.
Second, install TCE to a different drive than your OS drive. The OS drive has a tighter security setting and could block TCE by creating or updating it's own files and databases.
At last, check also your AV app, that TCE wasn't blocked by it.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Installed on another hard disk partition
Disabled brandmauer
Disabled Windows Defender
No other antivirus programs installed
Just in case, I added the directory with the program to the exceptions of the Windows defender

Didn't work =(

Uncommented the lines in the file "Trade Computer Extension MK.II.exe.config"
1. "<add name="EventLog"/>"
2. "<add name="EventLog" type="System.Diagnostics.EventLogTraceListener" initializeData="TCE_2"/>"
There are no messages in the Windows event log either. Or am I looking in the wrong place

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Installed on another hard disk partition
Disabled brandmauer
Disabled Windows Defender
No other antivirus programs installed
Just in case, I added the directory with the program to the exceptions of the Windows defender

Didn't work =(

Uncommented the lines in the file "Trade Computer Extension MK.II.exe.config"
1. "<add name="EventLog"/>"
2. "<add name="EventLog" type="System.Diagnostics.EventLogTraceListener" initializeData="TCE_2"/>"
There are no messages in the Windows event log either. Or am I looking in the wrong place
Try to run TCE with admin rights for a test, but usually it's not required.

Top Bottom