Release Trade Dangerous (Est. 2015) Power user's highly configurable trade optimizer

Bug fix- 10.4.0 will crash on any import after the first import done post-update because I forgot to handle trying to insert a rare item that's already in the table. Silly me. 10.4.1 fixes that.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, the listener needs to be updated before the rare items start showing in the market listings.

Last edited:
Bug fix- 10.4.0 will crash on any import after the first import done post-update because I forgot to handle trying to insert a rare item that's already in the table. Silly me. 10.4.1 fixes that.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, the listener needs to be updated before the rare items start showing in the market listings.

Updated to 10.4.1

Last commit for the listener was 17 days ago. Do you need to push a change?

Mark found a problem with the tdh_profile export in the edapi plugin. Tromador, there's no need to update the server in this case since it doesn't use that plugin, but everyone that uses TDH2 will want to update to 10.4.3

(And remember, while we're waiting for Mark to finish updating TDH, the current version of TDH will work with the pip-installed TD, as long as you grab the 'trade.py' file from any 10+ version of TD and point TDH to that.)

Last edited:
Hey Tromador, I appreciate that you're out in the middle of nowhere on your expedition, but when you get a minute, could you take a look at your server. TD doesn't appear to be doing anything when running the normal "trade.py import -P eddblink -O listings" command. I just get "Import completed" after a few seconds. Running it with the fallback option works OK using eddb though. Thanks.

Works for me:
Code:
E:\Elite\TD>trade import -P eddblink -O listings
NOTE: Downloading file 'systems_populated.jsonl'.
NOTE: Requesting http://elite.tromador.com/files/systems_populated.jsonl
NOTE: Downloaded  29.9MB of uncompressed data   9.3MB/s
NOTE: Processing Systems: Start time = 2019-04-08 20:14:25.578555
NOTE: Finished processing Systems. End time = 2019-04-08 20:14:26.686591
NOTE: Downloading file 'stations.jsonl'.
NOTE: Requesting http://elite.tromador.com/files/stations.jsonl
NOTE: Downloaded 117.3MB of uncompressed data  10.0MB/s
NOTE: Processing Stations, this may take a bit: Start time = 2019-04-08 20:14:38.748324
NOTE: Finished processing Stations. End time = 2019-04-08 20:14:43.601342
NOTE: Downloading file 'commodities.json'.
NOTE: Requesting http://elite.tromador.com/files/commodities.json
NOTE: Downloaded 107.4KB of uncompressed data 391.7KB/s
NOTE: Processing Categories and Items: Start time = 2019-04-08 20:14:44.260578
NOTE: Checking for missing items....
NOTE: Missing item check complete.
NOTE: Finished processing Categories and Items. End time = 2019-04-08 20:14:44.416162
NOTE: E:\Elite\TD\data\Category.csv exported.
NOTE: E:\Elite\TD\data\Item.csv exported.
NOTE: E:\Elite\TD\data\Station.csv exported.
NOTE: E:\Elite\TD\data\System.csv exported.
NOTE: Downloading file 'listings.csv'.
NOTE: Requesting http://elite.tromador.com/files/listings.csv
NOTE: Downloaded 255.7MB of uncompressed data  10.4MB/s
NOTE: Processing market data from listings.csv: Start time = 2019-04-08 20:15:10.071531
NOTE: Import file processing complete, updating database. 2019-04-08 20:15:36.801027
NOTE: Marking data now in the EDDB listings.csv as no longer 'live'. 2019-04-08 20:15:36.801027
NOTE: Deleting old listing data. 2019-04-08 20:17:02.795980
NOTE: Inserting new listing data. 2019-04-08 20:17:11.609403
NOTE: Finished processing market data. End time = 2019-04-08 20:17:21.164841
NOTE: Downloading file 'listings-live.csv'.
NOTE: Requesting http://elite.tromador.com/files/listings-live.csv
NOTE: Downloaded  40.4MB of uncompressed data   9.2MB/s
NOTE: Processing market data from listings-live.csv: Start time = 2019-04-08 20:17:25.974974
NOTE: Import file processing complete, updating database. 2019-04-08 20:17:32.579306
NOTE: Deleting old listing data. 2019-04-08 20:17:32.579306
NOTE: Inserting new listing data. 2019-04-08 20:17:40.155040
NOTE: Finished processing market data. End time = 2019-04-08 20:17:48.867733
NOTE: Regenerating .prices file.
NOTE: Import completed.

Server got a reboot (in fact the host was rebooted, but same thing effectively), but the listener needs a manual restart. TD is running again.

I will see if I can figger out summat to start up TD automatically on a reboot.

Hey all, getting an error when I try to load TDHelper. I'm also unable to load TradeDangerous on its own, but I'm not able to find an error log for that. For TDHelper, the log shows:
2019//05/02 02:34:31 : Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
This is one of the handful of times Google has been unhelpful for me. I went ahead and installed SQLite just for kicks and that has made no difference at all.

Hey all, getting an error when I try to load TDHelper. I'm also unable to load TradeDangerous on its own, but I'm not able to find an error log for that. For TDHelper, the log shows:
2019//05/02 02:34:31 : Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
This is one of the handful of times Google has been unhelpful for me. I went ahead and installed SQLite just for kicks and that has made no difference at all.
TD doesn't have a log, you have to check the console output. I can say that the lack of a DLL sounds like a TDH error. Maybe try reinstalling TDH? Mark should be able to help better since TDH is his thing.

Last edited:
TD doesn't have a log, you have to check the console output. I can say that the lack of a DLL sounds like a TDH error. Maybe try reinstalling TDH? Mark should be able to help better since TDH is his thing.
Since I haven't seen anything in the way of an issue on github or the output of TD when attempting to run it, I'm going to assume your problem has been fixed.

Server got a reboot (in fact the host was rebooted, but same thing effectively), but the listener needs a manual restart. TD is running again.

I will see if I can figger out summat to start up TD automatically on a reboot.

Hi. I have the same symptoms as before which were cured by restarting the listener. Tromador, could you do it again, please?

What are the symptoms you're talking about?

TD doesn’t seem to do anything when running the normal import -P eddblink -O listings command. After a few seconds it outputs NOTE: Import Completed but no other text. This happens when using TDHelper as well as TD via command prompt. It happened a few weeks ago (post 267) and Tromador replied that his server host had rebooted but the listener needed to have a manual restart which he did and all was well in the world again. Until a couple of days ago anyway! I’m hoping the listener restart will fix it again.

Yeah, that sounds like either the listener isn't currently running or a bug stopped it, either of which would be fixed by a restart.

I recommend using the fallback option in the meantime, so you'll at least get the latest data from the EDDB dailies.

(EDIT: I'll email him now about this, he might not have been notified of activity on the thread and so hasn't seen it.)

Problems are now fixed*. Everybody needs to update TD.

'pip install -U tradedangerous'

* Fixed as in it won't break TD anymore. Still need to get a new website to download the ship info from, the one we were using disappearing is what caused the problem. So, I've added a default ship index to the install, which will be used in the event that one can not be downloaded- which is the case right now, and will be until such point as the EDCD guys provide a new site for us (as Tromador pointed out already, that's in the works now.) When that happens, there'll be another update to TD with the new URL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom