Release Trade Dangerous (Est. 2015) Power user's highly configurable trade optimizer

I ran a system unspecified trade run a couple of hours ago to see what the maximum profit run I could get for my trade iCutter. The answer was about 7.9 million but when I look at which system it was it was way out in Colonia!

Enhancement request. A way to limit the results to within a specified LY distance centred on Sol or some other, well known central system.

I ran a system unspecified trade run a couple of hours ago to see what the maximum profit run I could get for my trade iCutter. The answer was about 7.9 million but when I look at which system it was it was way out in Colonia!

Enhancement request. A way to limit the results to within a specified LY distance centred on Sol or some other, well known central system.

This is already a thing:
--from STATION, -f STATION
Starting system/station.

--start-jumps STARTJUMPS, -s STARTJUMPS
Consider stations within this many jumps of the origin
(requires --from).

Put a value in start-jumps, and the route planner will consider, as a starting point, any and all stations within "--start-jumps" jumps of the specified starting system, which is equal to a ("--start-jumps" × "--ly-per") light-years radius from the starting system.

There's also an "--end-jumps", which does the same thing on the destination side of the route.

Last edited:
TD's GUI has been updated to allow quickly setting plugin options rather than having to type them all in. On the import screen, after selecting the plugin, click on the '--option' button to be shown the window. Click 'Done' once you're finished to auto-populate the '--options' field in the main window, or 'Cancel' to close the subwindow without doing anything.

The '--options' field can still be filled in manually as well, of course.

Everyone who has tried out the GUI, do you have any requests? Anything you'd like to see implemented that's not already? I'm already planning on having some sort of saving, I'm just not sure what stuff I want to be able to save, and I'm also planning on implementing something like TDHelper's CMDR Profile button as well, but I'd like some feedback from the user base.

Everyone who has tried out the GUI, do you have any requests? Anything you'd like to see implemented that's not already? I'm already planning on having some sort of saving, I'm just not sure what stuff I want to be able to save, and I'm also planning on implementing something like TDHelper's CMDR Profile button as well, but I'd like some feedback from the user base.
Well, I'm just trying trade GUI for the first time. I've figured out how to work it I think. Its currently doing a database update. One improvement I can see immediately would be an indication to show that its actually doing something. I know that there usually a period of visual inactivity when the text output reads "Deleting old listing data" (7 minutes on my update today!). Mark's TD Helper has the timer so maybe something similar would be good. I'll use it over the next few days on a few runs and see if anything else comes to mind.

On a different note, the database update doesn't seem to download listings.csv any more. It used to download during the first update of the day but the date-stamp on my listings.csv is 4 days old and the database has been updated on at least 3 of the last 4 days! Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Well, I'm just trying trade GUI for the first time. I've figured out how to work it I think. Its currently doing a database update. One improvement I can see immediately would be an indication to show that its actually doing something. I know that there usually a period of visual inactivity when the text output reads "Deleting old listing data" (7 minutes on my update today!). Mark's TD Helper has the timer so maybe something similar would be good. I'll use it over the next few days on a few runs and see if anything else comes to mind.

On a different note, the database update doesn't seem to download listings.csv any more. It used to download during the first update of the day but the date-stamp on my listings.csv is 4 days old and the database has been updated on at least 3 of the last 4 days! Is this something I need to be concerned about?
Yeah, an activity indicator would be nice, I'm working on figuring out how I want to do it and whatnot, it's almost definitely going to be one of the last things put in, but I can pretty easily have a "Working..." window pop up as a placeholder until I get that.

As far as the listings not being downloaded, that's not anything to do with TD, it means Tromador needs to restart the server again. TD only downloads the files if they've been updated on the server. Try running it with the fallback option and you'll see it'll download a newer version of listings.

Most likely the update checker thread on the server's listener crashed again. We still haven't tracked down why that keeps happening. I'll ping Trom to restart the listener and we should be fine for another month or so.

Last edited:
Been all quiet for a month, which probably means the update checker thread is due to bomb again. Think it's worth me (trying to remember to) doing a monthly restart on the server as a general maintenance/admin?

New TD version available. Fixes a couple bugs and adds a new feature, currently only implemented in the run command, adding it to the other commands is a future thing:

The output of the command can now be shown with colored text. This feature is enabled by adding '--color' or '-c' to the command arguments. Does not work in TD GUI, but it does definitely work in both *nix and Windows terminals. Probably works on OSX terminals as well, need someone with a Mac to test and confirm.

Using the same command as you used in your screenshot on Mac OS I get the a coloured output but also several instances of colour: command not found.

The Command Prompt on Windows doesn't output in color without running "os.system('color')" first, and apparently Macs don't have that command because the OSX terminal isn't abysmally stupid.

I'll have to make that an OS-specific execution, it looks like.

EDIT: Fix is uploaded, v10.6.1 should be available via pip by the time you read this.

Last edited:
Mark, A request,please, to add to your pending new version of TD Helper. I like the pop-up that we recently got advising that a new version of Trade Dangerous is available and the option to click to update it. Could there also be some indication that the update has completed? This would avoid sitting there wondering if its OK to update the database yet!
Thanks.

Top Bottom