Release Trade Dangerous (Est. 2015) Power user's highly configurable trade optimizer

Er, Tromador, I don’t seem to be getting the daily listings.csv when running trade import -P eddblink. Listings-live.csv is coming through ok. When you get a chance can you work your magic, please?

As happens when stuff changes, we had some issues relating to the new content, but everything has been running correctly now for long enough that we can probably call it fixed.

'--fleet-carrier' '--fc' option added to TD, works just like '--planetary' but for Fleet Carriers. It is very unlikely you will ever encounter a station where it is unknown whther it is an FC or not, but I left in the '?' option just in case.

EDIT:
TD cur. ver. 10.9.0

PS: I'd be quite happy if you guys would check out the native gui ('trade gui') and give feedback, including but not limited to suggestions for improvement.

Last edited:
I can't get any of the daily updates at the moment. I've tried through TD Helper, command prompt direct to TD and the trade gui that eyeonus is developing but all I get after trying to update is....
Command line: import -P eddblink -O listings
NOTE: Checking for update to 'systems_populated.jsonl'.
NOTE: Checking for update to 'stations.jsonl'.
NOTE: Checking for update to 'commodities.json'.
NOTE: Checking for update to 'listings.csv'.
NOTE: Checking for update to 'listings-live.csv'.
NOTE: Import completed.

Command completed.

It takes about 20 seconds to run rather than the more usual 20 minutes for first run of the day.

Does this sound like Tromador's reboot is needed or TD pointing to the wrong update URL, maybe?

TD is definitely pointing to the correct URL.

Does it pull the files if you use the fallback option?

Looks like the server does need a reboot:

Directly from elite.tromador.com:

Fallback doesn't have a listings-live to pull, is why.

Here's hoping the server log has the information I need to fix the recurring problem with the server crashing.

Hello all,

Are you still involved with TradeDangerous? I just came across a change in the commodity list of FD.

The "Void opals" are now called "Void opal". Is it enough just change the name in the item list ?
So that TD can continue to feed eddb.io via EDMC or my own database.

Thanks for a short feedback

The easiest solution would be to just add it to the item list in corrections.py:
'VOID OPAL': 'Void Opals',
because EDDB hasn't renamed it yet, so the eddblink plugin will rename it back.

Hi gazelle,
Du bist doch aus Deutschland, stimmts ? ;)

Das ist ja jetzt echt blöd. Was ist denn nun richtig ? Im EDMC-Tröt wurde mir gesagt, FD hat das umbenannt.
Wichtig ist doch, dass die Marktdaten der Spieler über EDMC bei eddb.io landen.
Also jetzt die commodity-Liste bei EDMC (und TD) auf "Void opals" ändern ? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

... if not ;):
That's really stupid now. What is the right thing to do? I was told in the EDMC thread that FD has renamed it.
The important thing is that the players' market data ends up at eddb.io via EDMC.
So now change the commodity list at EDMC (and TD) to "void opals" ?

Addendum:
ohh My mistake, EDMC sends the data to EDDN and not to eddb.io.
And EDDN should now have "Void opal" in the list, correct ?

Last edited:
Du bist doch aus Deutschland, stimmts ? ;)
<Fendrich><Song>I am from Austria.</Song></Fendrich>

FD hat das umbenannt.
Yup, FDev has renamed it with the fleet carrier update but TD is the only one using the english names instead of the symbolic ones.

What is the right thing to do?
That's upto eyeonus to decide.

TD .. using in game english names
EDDN .. using symbolic names
EDMC .. only uses english names for export formats
EDDB .. only uses localised names for display and hasn't updated the name yet.

<Fendrich><Song>I am from Austria.</Song></Fendrich>

Yup, FDev has renamed it with the fleet carrier update but TD is the only one using the english names instead of the symbolic ones.

That's upto eyeonus to decide.

TD .. using in game english names
EDDN .. using symbolic names
EDMC .. only uses english names for export formats
EDDB .. only uses localised names for display and hasn't updated the name yet.

Oh God, pure chaos ... :oops:

Thanks for your info (y)

Hello, i were searching for something more complex trade route search than i can do with Inara and EDDB websites.
I found this cute tool, and very nice about I can use Python on top of it.
But... I can't find where functions to find prices for commoditys on stations. Yep, there source code related to cmd i can look at, or invent own sqlite queries to collect prices, thankfully it can fill database with all this data, but I expect i will not had to go into "lower level" programming here, otherwise i'd just invent wheels by using EDDN and etc and write one-task-app from scratch.
I wish I will be able to contribute on github for this nice tool.

Hello, i were searching for something more complex trade route search than i can do with Inara and EDDB websites.
I found this cute tool, and very nice about I can use Python on top of it.
But... I can't find where functions to find prices for commoditys on stations. Yep, there source code related to cmd i can look at, or invent own sqlite queries to collect prices, thankfully it can fill database with all this data, but I expect i will not had to go into "lower level" programming here, otherwise i'd just invent wheels by using EDDN and etc and write one-task-app from scratch.
I wish I will be able to contribute on github for this nice tool.

Hello CMDR,
on the first page of this thread you will find everything. There is a GUI "TDHelper" and there is the link to the wiki.
There the command line commands are explained.

After several days of getting strange outputs from TD, it now seems to have stopped working completely. I get this in TD Helper after running the Database Update.

Command line: import -P eddblink -O listings
NOTE: Rebuilding cache file: this may take a few moments.
NOTE: Missing "D:\TDH\data\TradeDangerous.prices" file - no price data.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "D:\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "D:\Python\Scripts\trade.exe\main.py", line 7, in <module>
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\trade.py", line 43, in main
cli.main(sys.argv)
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\cli.py", line 70, in main
NOTE: Checking for update to 'modules.json'.
trade(argv)
WARNING: Problem with download:
URL: https://elite.tromador.com/files/modules.json
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\cli.py", line 125, in trade
Error: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1129)>
results = cmdenv.run(tdb)
WARNING: Problem with download (fallback enabled):
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\commands\commandenv.py", line 83, in run
URL: https://eddb.io/archive/v6/modules.json
return self._cmd.run(results, self, tdb)
Error: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1129)>
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\commands\import_cmd.py", line 126, in run
NOTE: Processing Upgrades: Start time = 2021-10-05 12:50:19.986325
if not plugin.run():
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\plugins\eddblink_plug.py", line 1064, in run
self.importUpgrades()
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\plugins\eddblink_plug.py", line 246, in importUpgrades
with open(str(self.dataPath / self.upgradesPath), "rU") as fh:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\TDH\\data\\eddb\\modules.json'

Command completed.

I get the same if I run the command directly in TD.

I don't know if its relevant but every time I start TD Helper it tells me there is a new version of TD and offers to install it via PIP (which |I always accept).

I'm not a python expert but I am reading the errors above that there is a security problem with Tromador's certificate but if I run the update with the fallback option I get this

Command line: import -P eddblink -O listings,fallback
NOTE: Rebuilding cache file: this may take a few moments.
NOTE: Missing "D:\TDH\data\TradeDangerous.prices" file - no price data.
Traceback (most recent call last):
NOTE: Checking for update to 'modules.json'.
WARNING: Problem with download (fallback enabled):
File "D:\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
URL: https://eddb.io/archive/v6/modules.json
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "D:\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
NOTE: Processing Upgrades: Start time = 2021-10-05 12:58:34.743018
File "D:\Python\Scripts\trade.exe\main.py", line 7, in <module>
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\trade.py", line 43, in main
cli.main(sys.argv)
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\cli.py", line 70, in main
trade(argv)
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\cli.py", line 125, in trade
results = cmdenv.run(tdb)
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\commands\commandenv.py", line 83, in run
return self._cmd.run(results, self, tdb)
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\commands\import_cmd.py", line 126, in run
if not plugin.run():
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\plugins\eddblink_plug.py", line 1064, in run
self.importUpgrades()
File "D:\Python\lib\site-packages\tradedangerous\plugins\eddblink_plug.py", line 246, in importUpgrades
with open(str(self.dataPath / self.upgradesPath), "rU") as fh:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\TDH\\data\\eddb\\modules.json'

This says (I think) that the security problem lies with EDDB. Am I reading that correctly? Even more importantly, how would I go about fixing this?

Top Bottom