Newcomer / Intro Traders, blueprints and looted materials

Hi, all
Daft question probably... do I need the horizons expansion to activate traders, blueprints and do anything useful with all the materials I've looted off ships?
Cheers all. :)

Yes. Mats traders and blueprints are engineering stuffs. Since all of the engineers (AFAIK, I haven't visited all of them) are found in planetary bases, you can't do engineering without Horizons. Some of the materials you can loot have a small cash value, but the majority are used for engineering, so same answer applies.

In any event, Horizons adds so much gameplay beyond engineers - like planetary landings and passenger missions to name two personal favourites - I'd really consider it an essential purchase these days.

Yes. Mats traders and blueprints are engineering stuffs. Since all of the engineers (AFAIK, I haven't visited all of them) are found in planetary bases, you can't do engineering without Horizons. Some of the materials you can loot have a small cash value, but the majority are used for engineering, so same answer applies.

In any event, Horizons adds so much gameplay beyond engineers - like planetary landings and passenger missions to name two personal favourites - I'd really consider it an essential purchase these days.

Thanks muchly for the reply! Will grab the pack asap :)

Top Bottom