Trading, any benefit to selling the demand amount, waiting 10 mins then selling again?

I am trying to advance the influence of one particular faction in a low population system. It’s currently in boom state. I’ve been trading commodities, I noticed the demand is 10 units. Is there any benefit for me to sell 10 units, wait several minutes for the demand to rise back up and then sell another 10; repeat vs selling 250 at once?

I don't have any evidence to that, but as far as I'm concerned what influences the BGS the most is the number of transactions and after that the value. I wouldn't think that the demand itself has any impact on the BGS because the profit is dependent on that. My theory: demand doesn't change much because profit doesn't change much and the number of transactions is more important.

A profit making sale of any volume over a low threshold profit per visit per source (system) location of goods. 1000/cr per ton appears to be the threshold.

Demand, and the reset of the market every 10 minutes has no impact (nor does # of transactions, anymore)

So, the best bet it seems would be to source 10 different items which will earn over 1,000cr/t profit, from 10 different systems, sell 1t of each item, leave (the system), come back, repeat.

As you've stated earlier in that topic, 1-ton sale doesn't work. And according to my recent tests this statement seems correct.

As you've stated earlier in that topic, 1-ton sale doesn't work. And according to my recent tests this statement seems correct.
I was referring to something entirely different when I said 1-ton trading no longer worked.

Old 1-ton trading was rocking up to a station with 500t of gold, selling it 1-ton at a time without leaving the station, and having it count for 500 times the influence that selling it all in one 500t transaction would have.

With the bit I said above, you'd need to sell 1-ton, undock, jump out of the system, jump back into the system, redock, sell 1-ton. Far more arduous.

Refer here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/index...ide-best-current-thinking.424397/post-7818888

Last edited:
I was referring to something entirely different when I said 1-ton trading no longer worked.

Old 1-ton trading was rocking up to a station with 500t of gold, selling it 1-ton at a time without leaving the station, and having it count for 500 times the influence that selling it all in one 500t transaction would have.

With the bit I said above, you'd need to sell 1-ton, undock, jump out of the system, jump back into the system, redock, sell 1-ton. Far more arduous.

Refer here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/index...ide-best-current-thinking.424397/post-7818888

Yes, I saw this. Too vague.

Ok, what I did recently. I bought 20 different profitable items (1 ton per item; 1000+ cr/t each) from 20 different systems. And got this to the station where I have sold all this stuff at once. According to Jane's sheet, this had to generate 20 transaction points, which should give significant influence increase to the controlling faction. But I didn't notice this. So I think, 1-t sale doesn't work at all.

I can confirm this. Recently I tested selling 1 ton with high profit in a low population system without traffic. It generated only an upwards arrow for economy, but the influence did not change at all, at least not in die 0,1% range. Profit trading multiple commodities in greater amounts even from the same source system works well, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom