General / Off-Topic Trading profit and loss

How many times In Ed havd Cmds sold at a loss. Whe nand why does that happen. Markets are rigged ofcourse im not just talking about ED

what does happen if you endup in debt in ed. there is more around that consumers with cash.

I understand that you can get a loan, if you have credit issues; within the game.

I don't understand, why you would sell anything; at a loss. This is a trading game.

When you buy the stuff, doesn’t it tell you in the panel on the right the best market to sell it to?
Probably. They have made these things too easy, these days. Back in the day; when pencil and paper was our reference point. We knew how to jump from one type of station (agricultural) to another type of station (industrial) and buy and sell accordingly.

I understand that you can get a loan, if you have credit issues; within the game.

I don't understand, why you would sell anything; at a loss. This is a trading game.
There are times when a better opportunity comes along. Certainly before the current mission setup with depots, there were times when it made sense to sell cargo at a small loss so you could do a more profitable mission.

Probably. They have made these things too easy, these days. Back in the day; when pencil and paper was our reference point. We knew how to jump from one type of station (agricultural) to another type of station (industrial) and buy and sell accordingly.
Games is a bit hand holdy. I don't miss pen and paper and I don't ever want to go back to that, but the Codex could've been a store of known prices and facilities in places we've visited so we can reference it when we want. This would've been a better "personal narrative" than anything they've imagined fits that moniker.

Took the wrong mission, bought the wrong cargo, etc.

It also used to be possible to damage faction influence/economic state by selling at a loss.

In real life there seems to be more produced than consumers.

Ed is a bit artificial in how the market works.8

if u buy then sell in the same market u make a small loss due to buy sell diference . Thats quite realistic .

supermarket run loss leaders . also look up steel

u coyld try to undercut the competion put them out of bus9ness

Pirates dont worry about selling at a loss

what about gambling? stock market can result 8n big losses

Last edited:
Top Bottom