Transfer Poll Results

Sandro Sammarco

Lead Designer
Frontier
Hello Commanders!

We have the results from the ship transfer poll.

For reference, we posed a simple, two option question:

POLL: Should transferring ships and modules to your location take time?

OPTION 1: No, the transfer should be instant.

OPTION 2: Yes there should be a delay of 5 minutes minimum, 100 minutes to cross the human bubble, edge to edge.

As I stated in the initial post, we were already leaning fairly strongly towards having delivery times, but we wanted to get a snapshot of player sentiment to help us with our final deliberations.

39,902 people voted, of which 38,045 have validated Elite Dangerous accounts. We’d like to thank you for your participation.

Seventy percent of the vote was in favour of having delivery times.

This result has helped us confirm our decision to move away from having instant ship transfer, which we arrived at after much internal discussion, helped in part by vigorous debate on our forums, Reddit, etc.

It’s always great to be able to include feedback from you, the Commanders who play Elite: Dangerous, and we feel this has been a positive experience.

THANK YOU Sandro very much for doing this again. This is why I am keep supporting FD - they look at feedback and they react on it. Thumbs up.

cm-23138-050624abe3a9e6.jpeg

Huh, way more straightforward than I had thought.

Sandra: any clues as to when it will be added? Is 2.2 possible? If not a 2.2 minor release? Or is it 2.3 at the earliest?

Great, really happy about the result and the decision to proceed with time-consuming ship transfers. Impressive numbers of participants, btw.

Now that that trial is over. Will Ship Transfer be included in 2.2? Or, will it be pushed out because of this change? Similarly, what has been decided about Modules transfers? Thanks for reacting to your customers. I voted for instant but, I am pleased that the community has been heard.

Top Bottom