Transport Rides Confirmed?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I hope the guests have the AI to process what a transport ride does and how to use it. Imagine a map with little islands surrounded by water, each island host to a few rides, only accessible via train/monorail.

I hope the guests have the AI to process what a transport ride does and how to use it. Imagine a map with little islands surrounded by water, each island host to a few rides, only accessible via train/monorail.

I built a park like that in RCT3, with three separate islands and connected all three with a monorail. No paths or bridges connected the islands, just the monorail and the guests used it with no problems. I found I had to extend the stations and add extra trains, as the park got more crowded, but it worked ok. I think they are making the guests to be more intelligent and and have more thoughts and emotions for Planet Coaster, so they will interact better than they did in RCT3

I built a park like that in RCT3, with three separate islands and connected all three with a monorail. No paths or bridges connected the islands, just the monorail and the guests used it with no problems. I found I had to extend the stations and add extra trains, as the park got more crowded, but it worked ok. I think they are making the guests to be more intelligent and and have more thoughts and emotions for Planet Coaster, so they will interact better than they did in RCT3

I recall that the transport bug with RCT3 involved "groups" of guests, where half the group would venture onto the train, leaving the other half waiting stupid for them. Any one remember this, or perhaps it was patched in the end?

I just don't want the guests saying, "Transport Train 1 is to intense for me". With the upgraded UI, i think this won't happen like in the last game.

I recall that the transport bug with RCT3 involved "groups" of guests, where half the group would venture onto the train, leaving the other half waiting stupid for them. Any one remember this, or perhaps it was patched in the end?

Yup, that was a really annoying bug.
Didn't use transport rides in RCT3 at all.

One ride I would like to be included, like it was in RCT3, is the Side Friction Coaster. This particular wooden coaster only has a one slope incline and the same for downward slopes. This is a very old coaster design, that was often known as a Scenic Railway. There are still a few still in operation in the UK and if I remember right, John (Zak) mentioned the one at Great Yarmouth. These coasters can also make a good transport ride, by placing multiple stations at various points in your park, but like the Miniature Railway it has to be a continuous loop, because it can't operate in shuttle mode. So you can't build it like the Monorail where you just have two stations at each end of the park, operating in the shuttle mode.
I really liked this coaster in RCT3, because they were never seen to be built high, more of a gentle flowing ride, and good for building Junior Wooden Coasters.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom