All the rides from the game are weirly automated futuristic things that I have never really seen in real life zoos.

Yeah the "gondola" is definitely the worst offender of this. I know that Frontier doesn't really stick to the "realistic" artistic design, but I hope that they do in the future. They did the same with Planet Coaster. The later DLCs were more realistic and janky.

Exactly, GJurassicgrr. This game is fantastic. I just hope that they create more usable transportation rides like you suggest. So far I've only found a use for the monorail in my realistic park, but capacity is the problem as I've never seen a monorail in a zoo that wasn't in a train of cars.

Oh I really miss those in game. All the rides from the game are weirly automated futuristic things that I have never really seen in real life zoos. Would love a simple suspended cable gondolas, safari cruisers "trains" and a safari truck ride that is not automated on the line. But rather that it have a driver and is on more natural path. Never understood why the safari truck ride is automated? It is highly unlikely that some kind of staff member would not go with the guests to make sure they are safe during the ride.

I am currently not using any rides because they look very unrealistic in a zoo to me.
I'd love to see them add a Tour Guide staff option, you could assign them to vehicle tours or to wander around and gather tours...perhaps you could even set the tour route and move some of the crowds into less jammed areas, because I keep seeing that happen with things where some big budget options are nearly empty because the crowds are remaining by things in a more central area.

Yeah I agree, at the very least I think about the educators from Zoo Tycoon 2 who had a podium that they would go to and talk about the animals. Could be a really cool way to add tot he education level of a zoo instead of just spamming info boards and speakers everywhere.

I agree the gondola in the game is pretty useless in its current form.. It's grossly massive and it can't go up in more of an angle than 8degrees? Why?? C'mon! it was an awful surprise after I built a mountain in my zoo with the intention that there will be a gondola station at the top. My guests hate it cause its too many stairs, and none of the other rides make up for it. Its just sad man...

Agree The European - a cable version would be better for ground level access and size of the terminal.
Would so love Planco's Gondola in this game - with up to 75 degree cable angle - 150 m cable between towers - the game needs it - especially in the South American biome - it's made for a cable car with multiple get on and off points.
Have tried the in game gondola on that map and it kinda looks ridiculous - all you see is this behemoth transport structure all over a map and park that you want the structure to blend into its environment (South America map is the most beautiful of maps) it is a good ride though, but VERY limited in its use - but only for flat parks and the 8 degree rise and fall is so limiting that I don't tend to even bother using it anymore.

Yeah the “gondola” in game is more of a safari ride like the car, meant to go above a specific enclosure.
A cable lift sort of gondola is meant to go high up and be used as a transport across a park.

Yeah the “gondola” in game is more of a safari ride like the car, meant to go above a specific enclosure.
A cable lift sort of gondola is meant to go high up and be used as a transport across a park.
Yes - and would love the new cable car gondola to have features like Kolmarden Zoo - perhaps use it as an enclosure attraction circumnavigating the enclosure for a truly cool experience - perhaps even have one way bits and also be able to use it like a two way cable - cable car system. And all the while blending well into the environment so it glides through the tree tops. :) A transport system and ride as well.

Cable car like this - to go through the enclosures would be lovely :)
re4.jpg

re.jpg

re2.jpg

re3.jpg

re5.jpg

re6.jpg

re7.jpg

re8.jpg

re9.jpg

I think this transport option blends in too - there are shots of this ride gliding through and above the tree canopies - the views :) and this would allow me to use the South American map better - the vast distance of the map and the gloriously steep terrain and the viewing splendor of that amazing Andes type biome - and with multiple drop off points along the way, it would be ace . . . can only hope - please Frontier :)

Top Bottom