Transportation Missions

I'm one of those that enjoys passenger missions and long haul missions. What I find frustrating is the lack of long haul transportation missions. It's always sightseeing missions way out somewhere, and then we have to make the long haul back. Why aren't there people hiring ships to deliver them to Colonia? I don't mind making the flight, but it would be nice to get there, drop the passenger off, then hang around a bit and explore some more, as opposed to getting out there, then having to immediately turn around and come right back. How about a mission that has a tourist flyby of Sag A* and a final stop at Colonia Dream?

On a similar note, why is it people only want to be transported one system over? How about someone wants to go from Lumastya to Deciat, or Maia? The travel in the game is the equivalent of people only hopping flights from Florida to Georgia, with others just wanting to fly from Florida, do a flyover of London, and then turn around and go back to Florida again.

For that matter, why aren't there hauling missions with multiple stops to drop things/people off? Any public transit has multiple stops to pick up and drop people; lots of delivery trucks likely have multiple stops to unload goods.

One of the things that bugs me is that you work to get your rep up in a system... Finally, you get almost everyone to Friendly or Allied, and you decide to some planetary scans, skimmer missions or something other than trade, and you can only find missions against factions that you're allied or friendly with so you will lose rep.

Why aren't there missions to go 50ly away and do something to a system you've never been and against a faction you're never worked for? No, it's always right next door or in the same system.

The other thing that kills me is you get a mission to take 180 tons of something from a boom industrial to another boom industrial station or some station that's bust, at a none state, ect… Great, now how do I fill up my T9 with goods and make money? The Industrial stations all sell the same items, why would you take a shipment from one station to another that sells the same thing?

Last edited:
It's always sightseeing missions way out somewhere, and then we have to make the long haul back. Why aren't there people hiring ships to deliver them to Colonia?
They found the one-way missions to Colonia just kept taking over the boards for a niche interest, so they *should* now only be generated in Tourism economies. Last time I looked (in 3.0) it didn't take long to find several by going between Tourism systems.

Top Bottom