News Trappist-1 Discovery's Impact on Elite Dangerous

That's it! Frontier are time-travellers from the year 3303, and they're secretly feeding us real data about the galaxy in the form of a game, and pretending it's "procedurally generated".

Either that or it's Thargoids...

/tinfoil

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
Impressive! I would have left it untweaked as a testament to the accuracy of the Stellar Forge.

A few years back, we stated that Elite's space world of the galaxy would attempt to mimic and replicate findings (planets, stars, etc) by space agencies - or something to the likes there of! :)

Wow, that was a fast addition. I'm amazed with the accuracy, flexibility and power of the stellar forge. David, you really have something here.

#Nerdgasm

One of the things I love about this game is how it gives you a sense of scale. 40LY is 'far away' according to this story, but by God, Distant Worlds really changed my perspective on the galaxy.

Wow - that's amazing! The fact that the Stella Forge is so accurate that it had already predicted more or less where this system was. Great stuff! Thanks!

Sooo.... I take it these new planets haven't been tagged yet...

Everyone stay here..... I just have to pop out for a minute.

Would be sooo cool if these planets showed up as "First Discovered by NASA"

So I am assuming that this announcement has fully vindicated the ED Stellar Forge, and we shouldn't see any more posts around "planets are all the same" etc.... what you should be saying is "planets are all pretty realistic".... WELL DONE FRONTIER, an outstanding Stellar Forge, which may continue to predict systems that science is yet to find.

Truly an amazing work of art... I wonder how many new faction requests are being submitted for the system. haha [haha]

Last edited:
Top Bottom