Newcomer / Intro Trespassing

Hey guys
I seem to getting a severe warning or a fine whenever I leave a station
I'm not speeding , I'm not hanging around the exit , I'm blocking anyone getting in or out.

Can someone help please

What speed do you exit/enter stations at? Approx?

Is it just at the major Starports that this happens?

Last edited:
DON'T PANIC!

I would say going too close to another pad. The don't panic bit; if you are move over 25 to 30ms, you will be fine, just keep your head and leave as you always would do.

I raise myself to the centre of the station, use the radar and line up with my side of the exit, check radar again and boost. Coming in sometimes I will get a trespass warning; but just carry on as normal. I sometime have to double check my pad number, due to dodgy eyesight.

I always speed out of a station no bother as long as I don't hit any one its no problem, even if told to slow down,have you any cargo that's stolen check your inventory,also make sure you have paid of any fines incurred at the station and you have departed the station before the timer expires for you to leave the vicinity normally a trespass warning is incurred if you do not request landing permission in the first place or the timer has expired for you to enter \exit in the time alloted

Last edited:
I stay in the blue band
Yes

If you stay under 100m/s then you won't get any fines for collisions.

Loitering is another matter, you should see red text in the comms panel and hear a sharp "screetching" warning sound. Usually if you don't clear in time you are dead.

Ok, If the station itself is target locked, it is a pip on the radar. If the top of the pip is a point, you need to go up. If the bottom of the pip in pointed, you need to go down. Don't nose up or down, use the thrusters. Once the station pip, becomes a bar, turn, again with thrusters until you have the letter box level. Check the pip is still a bar and them you can go straight out in level flight, with practice, you will get yourself out on the green side.

Last edited:
Going in seems fine , I have auto dock

I raise myself up.........use the radar ?

In the absence of a rear-view mirror - you use the radar display to let you see if there are icons moving behind you - these days they are always Belugas!

(The radar display comes active after you rise up a bit from the pad.)

Staying in the blue band could be very slow in some ships...especially if you still have your landing gear on...

Basically when you enter a station you're fine, you've got 10mins to park your ship...
...but when you exit you have five mins and those five mins are up as soon as you get very close to the letterbox....if you cruise through it too slowly the station thinks you're trying to re-enter without permission. It's happened to me when running big ships and I've spotted a few of the BIG ship pilots complaining about it as well, in their case the tail of their ship is still occupying the letterbox even though they left ten minutes ago...

I'm only guessing here and could be well off, maybe you're a super fast docker!! But based on what you've said (only happens on exit/blue band) I'd say you need to speed up and get clear....which is just practice and confidence.

In regards to 'Speeding', you'll only get in trouble for speeding if you collide with another ship while going over 100. Anything else is fine (crashing into the dock) so when you're hud notifies you that your speeding....just ignore it for the most part.

Ok, If the station itself is target locked, it is a pip on the radar. If the top of the pip is a point, you need to go up. If the bottom of the pip in pointed, you need to go down. Don't nose up or down, use the thrusters. Once the station pip, becomes a bar, turn, again with thrusters until you have the letter box level. Check the pip is still a bar and them you can go straight out in level flight, with practice, you will get yourself out on the green side.

Omg pips and stuff. I just fly towards the letterbox on the green side

- - - Updated - - -

watch this it may help you see were you are going wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weAoY7kw2NM

Thank you I will

I always speed out of a station no bother as long as I don't hit any one its no problem, even if told to slow down,have you any cargo that's stolen check your inventory,also make sure you have paid of any fines incurred at the station and you have departed the station before the timer expires for you to leave the vicinity normally a trespass warning is incurred if you do not request landing permission in the first place or the timer has expired for you to enter \exit in the time alloted

I will check all that thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check that , thanks

Staying in the blue band could be very slow in some ships...especially if you still have your landing gear on...

Basically when you enter a station you're fine, you've got 10mins to park your ship...
...but when you exit you have five mins and those five mins are up as soon as you get very close to the letterbox....if you cruise through it too slowly the station thinks you're trying to re-enter without permission. It's happened to me when running big ships and I've spotted a few of the BIG ship pilots complaining about it as well, in their case the tail of their ship is still occupying the letterbox even though they left ten minutes ago...

I'm only guessing here and could be well off, maybe you're a super fast docker!! But based on what you've said (only happens on exit/blue band) I'd say you need to speed up and get clear....which is just practice and confidence.

In regards to 'Speeding', you'll only get in trouble for speeding if you collide with another ship while going over 100. Anything else is fine (crashing into the dock) so when you're hud notifies you that your speeding....just ignore it for the most part.
Right now we can tell that, this is a biggie for you. Give it a week or two and you'll be in and out under a couple of minutes.

Speed. What you feel comfortable with and you don't have to rush.

I played elite with keyboard in 84 and do so now; however it took me 7 sidewinders just to leave the station the 1st time I played this game. Granted the last 2 were due to deploying weapons.

Right now we can tell that, this is a biggie for you. Give it a week or two and you'll be in and out under a couple of minutes.

Speed. What you feel comfortable with and you don't have to rush.

I played elite with keyboard in 84 and do so now; however it took me 7 sidewinders just to leave the station the 1st time I played this game. Granted the last 2 were due to deploying weapons.

I played the line drawn Elite on an speccy 64k with a wirable ? config joystick best days on a game ever

Last edited:
you will find many of us are original 84ers and subsequent frontier elite II players enjoy the video tutorials in link above happy trails commander:Do7

Top Bottom