Newcomer / Intro Trespassing

Just an update.......I think it may be because I'm pitching up or down sometimes.

No it wasn't that.......I rose up , lined up and flew right out.......as soon as I got to the end of the sticks......boom......trespassing warning and a fine

No it wasn't that.......I rose up , lined up and flew right out.......as soon as I got to the end of the sticks......boom......trespassing warning and a fine

That's weird - unless your landing gear got stuck in the toast-rack?

Plenty of people have had their anacondas etc destroyed because they got themselves wedged in the slot and I get the occasional warning if some stupid beluga nudges me and makes my ship touch the toast-rack but as long as you get clear within the time limit you shouldn't get fried / fined (I thought they just blew you up and not fined but I can't remember).

Last edited:
Did the timer run out? Did it take you 5 minutes to leave?

Sometimes if you go out at a really low speed (less then 20ms), you can be accused of 'blocking the slot'. Plus because the slot turns, it can give you issues. I would say. Lift the landing gear as soon as the station releases you, this will double your own speed potential and as soon as you can see clearly out the slot, hit the boost; as long as nothing is coming in for you to hit.

This is possibly a bug of some sort.

Last option: I am not sure if this still works. Hit the launch button and wait for the release. Then log out and log back in again and you should find yourself 10Km outside the station.

Last option: I am not sure if this still works. Hit the launch button and wait for the release. Then log out and log back in again and you should find yourself 10Km outside the station.

Doesn't work any more - you reload in the hangar.

Wonder how some 'conda and clipper numpties get on these days. ;)

Only thing I can think of it travelling too slowly out of the slot. Can't remember the exact speed but I have been caught by this when being a bit cautious on the way out, maybe a speed below ~60m/s or so. Can't be sure of the exact speed but could well be the cause.

Did the timer run out? Did it take you 5 minutes to leave

No I was out within a minute and a half

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I can think of it travelling too slowly out of the slot. Can't remember the exact speed but I have been caught by this when being a bit cautious on the way out, maybe a speed below ~60m/s or so. Can't be sure of the exact speed but could well be the cause.

I'm jus above 50% of the blue bar on speed column

Did the timer run out? Did it take you 5 minutes to leave

No I was out within a minute and a half

- - - Updated - - -

I'm jus above 50% of the blue bar on speed column
Look at the same blue bar. Now look at the orange bar beside it and at the top of the orange bar, is your speed. (??ms) keep that under 100ms and you won;t get find for hitting anything.

Yeah, you're probably just going too slow. It's happened to me that way. Keep it around 80-90, then you won't get that warning anymore.

I suspect you are simply going a bit too slow. You need to be around 70 m/s or greater I would suggest. As long as you are under 100 m/s, you won't get fined for collisions, but if you are going much slower they give you a warning for trespassing.

If you get the trespass warning, just accelerate away (as long as there are no other ships in the way), and you should get a message informing you that your infractions have been cleared.

Update.
Thank you everyone........I was going to slow......I banged it up to 65ms and went for it........a bit bloody hairy but I got out with no warnings

Come back in a month and tell us, what all the fuss was about.

Welcome to the game and congratulations on getting over its first little hurdle.

Jupp. I agree on both points. like, fully. This game is just...wow...like Wing Commaner Privateer given a family pack of steroids, and I loved Privateer.
I had the same problem recently, so I read this thread.
Thank you all very much!
It was a mystery for me, but now I think, after disgracefully entangling my Sidey in the toast rack a couple times, I was just too cautious of not bumping my shiny new explorer into stuff, so I just crept out like an old lady with a shopping trolley, and that annoyed the stations ATC (or rather..VTC).
I´ll have a look, but I think it happens when I leave the slot too slowly, like under 60m/s. ATC probably suspects I don´t know where to go, or if to leave at all...
BTW, would be nice if the game somewhere mentioned, there was not only a speed limit, but also a required minimum speed while clearing the slot. Holo signs around the starport would be super cool, but a mention in the manual/wiki would do.. (...or is it in the tutorials, and I forgot about it as soon as I cleared them?)

Top Bottom