Triple Elite in a Sidewinder

Sir, I salute you.
You will forever hold the title of Glorious Lunatic for your achievements.
And share the title with those who execute other mighty feats in ways that are not possible to others.
You stand above, and slightly to the side, of the lowly mortals who would pour scorn.

07 Commander.

The problem I have is that by explaining how I did it, it will show how easy it was, then I lose all the glory and adulation. Everything you do in the game is a sort of exploit because you're using the game mechanics to advance your position. When you know the game very well, you can use all the game mechanics to your best advantage. If I give all details, it would be a massive spoiler, so I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to publish all the methods.

Nothing I did in the game would normally go under the definition of exploit, except that I did a bit of mission logging for passenger missions because there's very few offered for Sidewinders, and when one comes, they offer cargo rewards, so you can't accept them. Apart from that, everything I did would be intended by the developers, but I was able to use situations that gave me a lot of advantage - if that makes sense. I had one bit of help from my other account when I used another ship to store my Painite until I was ready to deliver it to Selene. All the painite was mined in the SW though.

Amazing work OP!

Does the size of the ship matter when combat ranking? I can’t imagine how long it took you to get from Deadly to Elite!

I’ve been spending hours in HazRez’s and CNB’s in my FDL and I've barely made a dent in my combat rank.

Seriously, that’s some dedication.

Amazing work OP!

Does the size of the ship matter when combat ranking? I can’t imagine how long it took you to get from Deadly to Elite!

I’ve been spending hours in HazRez’s and CNB’s in my FDL and I've barely made a dent in my combat rank.

Seriously, that’s some dedication.
He most probably did it in HIRESes, where the police make a significant difference.

As for combat rank, I find the fastest ranking comes from high intensity CZs - the rewards are lower, but there's a higher concentration of high-ranked ships.

The problem I have is that by explaining how I did it, it will show how easy it was, then I lose all the glory and adulation. Everything you do in the game is a sort of exploit because you're using the game mechanics to advance your position. When you know the game very well, you can use all the game mechanics to your best advantage. If I give all details, it would be a massive spoiler, so I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to publish all the methods.

Nothing I did in the game would normally go under the definition of exploit, except that I did a bit of mission logging for passenger missions because there's very few offered for Sidewinders, and when one comes, they offer cargo rewards, so you can't accept them. Apart from that, everything I did would be intended by the developers, but I was able to use situations that gave me a lot of advantage - if that makes sense. I had one bit of help from my other account when I used another ship to store my Painite until I was ready to deliver it to Selene. All the painite was mined in the SW though.

The story of the badge in your sig is interesting, you achieved your first triple elite quickly compared to most, and now you have this remarkable achievement. While a description of your methods would almost certainly stir up lively debate, it would still be interesting to read about. Stuff like your attitude towards CLogging, or which mode you play in are all interesting. I don't think anyone would expect an achievement like this to be done without taking advantage of your knowledge of the game, but perhaps your story will motivate someone to try without one or more of your tricks, and realise just how big a challenge that would be ;)

The story of the badge in your sig is interesting, you achieved your first triple elite quickly compared to most, and now you have this remarkable achievement. While a description of your methods would almost certainly stir up lively debate, it would still be interesting to read about. Stuff like your attitude towards CLogging, or which mode you play in are all interesting. I don't think anyone would expect an achievement like this to be done without taking advantage of your knowledge of the game, but perhaps your story will motivate someone to try without one or more of your tricks, and realise just how big a challenge that would be ;)

+1 to this.

Using your knowledge of game mechanics is not an exploit (unless in a specific case the devs say it is) it's actually how games are supposed to be played. Players who understand mechanics and take advantage are playing the game. We all went through this process when we started, some learned more than others and tuned their gameplay more aggressively, others took a more laid back approach and avoided thinking too hard in their relaxation time (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it) ;)

It is true that if you "give away" all your tips and tricks then others could follow your footsteps, but doing so would be their choice .. so not a spoiler as such, IMO. It would also be quite useful to the devs, I suspect, as they could look at the methods used and decide whether they are well balanced, or not, or even an exploit (in their view).

Using your 2nd account isn't an exploit as you could have done exactly the same thing with a wing mate. And, not using either would have just taken you longer - and this wasn't a race (as I doubt anyone else is doing the same thing).

All in all this is an amazing, if somewhat mad, thing to have achieved. Congratulations.

56c343627e85a14d524f4785abe3a924bc7da1df848ca3aa9f38ba360ea72a5f.jpg

Top Bottom