Triple Elite in a Sidewinder

Has anybody else achieved it or am the first? There can't be many other nutters out there, sureley?

I was surprised at the low amount of repairs cost considering that I was flying shieldless most of the time and I seemed to lose 5% of my hull every time I landed. I got blown up 4 times plus one time my ship exploded spontaneously in open. I guess that was some sort of instancing problem, as no commander was credited with the kill and no commanders were recorded in my contact data in that session. I spent a lot on outfitting because I had nothing else to spend my money on and it was quicker to buy new modules rather than transfer them. I stored a lot all over the place to save time.

This must be the ultimate grind, but it wasn't so bad for me because I play mostly while I watch TV.

The Sidewinder has a lot of advantages over other ships. It's speed is very useful for interdictions. I was inderdicted by a lot of dangerous and elite ships, like federal Assault ship, but they couldn't land a shot. Only Eagles and elite Sidewinders were able to land anything at all - enough to do maybe 2% hull damage when I was shieldless. In the RES, ranking up for combat, hardly anyone shoots back, so that's not as bad as you think. It's worst attribute is the lack of module space, so you frequently need to change modules to adapt to the task in hand.

I've grown to like the SW and will continue to use it for a while. It's really fun in open because you have nothing to lose. It's a shame that it's so difficult to kill other ships with it. Even a dangerous NPC Cobra seems to take forever on your own. back in 1.9, I was killing dangerous Anacondas with one, but I'd say that that's impossible now. You'd die of boredom before the Anaconda would blow up.

5wE6qD0.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations I guess.
It's a bit symptomatic of how the game has developed to be honest.

I started this with a Cobra a couple of years ago and decided it was impractical.
It is impressive you had the dedication to complete the task in the starter ship, but it shows how trivial the game has become.

432 hours from start, so not really a big deal, and I wasn't too focused on it. I stopped to do the engineers for a bit, and when I wanted Imperial rank for one of them, I found a good spot, so I carried on to King. Also, I did a bit of griefer baiting in PvP when I wanted a break from the grind. I think, with what I know now, I could do it again in half the time.

o7

Massive congratz for that...but I think you may be insane or a masochist or more likely a little of both. That's dedication for you...wow

Has anybody else achieved it or am the first? There can't be many other nutters out there, sureley?

I was surprised at the low amount of repairs cost considering that I was flying shieldless most of the time and I seemed to lose 5% of my hull every time I landed. I got blown up 4 times plus one time my ship exploded spontaneously in open. I guess that was some sort of instancing problem, as no commander was credited with the kill and no commanders were recorded in my contact data in that session. I spent a lot on outfitting because I had nothing else to spend my money on and it was quicker to buy new modules rather than transfer them. I stored a lot all over the place to save time.

This must be the ultimate grind, but it wasn't so bad for me because I play mostly while I watch TV.

The Sidewinder has a lot of advantages over other ships. It's speed is very useful for interdictions. I was inderdicted by a lot of dangerous and elite ships, like federal Assault ship, but they couldn't land a shot. Only Eagles and elite Sidewinders were able to land anything at all - enough to do maybe 2% hull damage when I was shieldless. In the RES, ranking up for combat, hardly anyone shoots back, so that's not as bad as you think. It's worst attribute is the lack of module space, so you frequently need to change modules to adapt to the task in hand.

I've grown to like the SW and will continue to use it for a while. It's really fun in open because you have nothing to lose. It's a shame that it's so difficult to kill other ships with it. Even a dangerous NPC Cobra seems to take forever on your own. back in 1.9, I was killing dangerous Anacondas with one, but I'd say that that's impossible now. You'd die of boredom before the Anaconda would blow up.

https://i.imgur.com/5wE6qD0.jpg

You can pat yourself on the back. I'm sure it was very exciting for you, it wouldn't be for me.

Last edited:
Beast. And incredible speed making combat elite, that's amazing in a sidey! I'm guessing you focused on other small elite ships like eagles etc at a compromised nav beacon, did the ancient ruins and/or Palin missions for trade, and good old fashioned exploration for the exploration rank...?

Last edited:
Wow, well done :)

The fighting and exploring aspect I get can be done in a Sidewinder. However, how did you manage the Trade side with such little cargo space? Trade Rank goes up based on profit made right? I've never really thought about it lol.

Scoob.

Truly Amazing

Next time go for no re-buys

Incredible achievement!

I never cease to be stunned at what can be accomplished in ED

When I see all the whinning that goes on, something like this makes me just laugh at those who can't find anything fun to do.

Well done OP!

Top Bottom