Triple Elite - Only 10cr Spent on Fuel

I finally did it! Triple Elite and only 10cr (accidentally) spent on fuel!

My original plan was to not spend a single credit, but I inadvertently clicked on the fuel all button way back when I was showing my new girlfriend the game. I was a bit downhearted about it, but I soldiered on nonetheless.
3 years on and we're still together and very much in love (aww!), so it definitely was 10cr well spent!

I suppose the question now is, do I start buying fuel? I'm so used to scooping I'm not convinced I will. It's second nature to me now! :)

Here's a quick run-down of timely events:

Made Trader Elite smuggling slaves from Robigo in a shieldless, weaponless, stripped-down Cobra III, the "Star Runner".

Made Explorer Elite by emigrating to Colonia (twice), and ultimately running sight-seeing tours on the Orca-class cruiser, "Stella Tours".

Fired my way up both navies and bought a Corvette. Named him "Thor".

Got to about 20% Dangerous, then got bored of the grind. Also quite fearful of losing my prized flagship considering I was quite broke at this point.

Move on a year(!), and I pick up the game again and get in on the void opal craze. This gave me enough money not to worry about anything, ever, so I jumped back into my Vette, and went back to it. This time however, with a new loadout and some of that engineering sweetness, the ship is a joy to fly. I thoroughly enjoyed melting ships over the last few weeks!

I've only lost 6 ships in my career; 1 Cobra, 1 Hauler, 2 Vultures, 1 AspX, and a DBX recently (don't drink and fly kids). So my rebuy costs are quite minimal too.

And what's next for the galaxy's most economical pilot?

Guardian tech, more engineers, more modding of my ships. Most likely spec up the Beluga and go sight-seeing around the galaxy for a bit. Or maybe rig the Cutter for deep-space exploring. I'm far from finished with this game. I'm definitely done with Compromised Nav Beacons though! I'm retiring as a bounty hunter!

Anyhoo, I'm just really pleased with myself, and just wanted to share my achievement with you all!

Fly safe Commanders o7

Right on Commander ;)

I like the idea of setting a few extra rules to add to the challenge, people have done it only using sidewinders, open only, fixed weapons only, I remember one guy getting Trade & Exploration while keeping Combat at zero kills.

Lestat

Banned
I finally did it! Triple Elite and only 10cr (accidentally) spent on fuel!

My original plan was to not spend a single credit, but I inadvertently clicked on the fuel all button way back when I was showing my new girlfriend the game. I was a bit downhearted about it, but I soldiered on nonetheless.
3 years on and we're still together and very much in love (aww!), so it definitely was 10cr well spent!

I suppose the question now is, do I start buying fuel? I'm so used to scooping I'm not convinced I will. It's second nature to me now! :)

Here's a quick run-down of timely events:

Made Trader Elite smuggling slaves from Robigo in a shieldless, weaponless, stripped-down Cobra III, the "Star Runner".

Made Explorer Elite by emigrating to Colonia (twice), and ultimately running sight-seeing tours on the Orca-class cruiser, "Stella Tours".

Fired my way up both navies and bought a Corvette. Named him "Thor".

Got to about 20% Dangerous, then got bored of the grind. Also quite fearful of losing my prized flagship considering I was quite broke at this point.

Move on a year(!), and I pick up the game again and get in on the void opal craze. This gave me enough money not to worry about anything, ever, so I jumped back into my Vette, and went back to it. This time however, with a new loadout and some of that engineering sweetness, the ship is a joy to fly. I thoroughly enjoyed melting ships over the last few weeks!

I've only lost 6 ships in my career; 1 Cobra, 1 Hauler, 2 Vultures, 1 AspX, and a DBX recently (don't drink and fly kids). So my rebuy costs are quite minimal too.

And what's next for the galaxy's most economical pilot?

Guardian tech, more engineers, more modding of my ships. Most likely spec up the Beluga and go sight-seeing around the galaxy for a bit. Or maybe rig the Cutter for deep-space exploring. I'm far from finished with this game. I'm definitely done with Compromised Nav Beacons though! I'm retiring as a bounty hunter!

Anyhoo, I'm just really pleased with myself, and just wanted to share my achievement with you all!

Fly safe Commanders o7

Restart and get tripple elite with out DYING Or using fuel. But good job otherwise.

Last edited:
I appreciate your comments, Commanders.

And I will take a moment to thank my now long-suffering gaming widow for just letting me be me... She's hooked on Stardew Valley anyway, so I'm quids in. :)

For the record though, my alt character flies open, my main, Roobarb, flies Mobius. If that's an issue for you, that's on you, not me. I play in a sandbox exactly the way I want to play in a sandbox. E-peen is so 2002.

o7

Top Bottom