ANNOUNCEMENT Tritium Depot Refills

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7
And if our fuel tank is already full...
So much for the wait, no roll back and poor help. We just want a date, not peanuts pls!

Why not fill the tanks each BGS tick (so its abstracting tritium regenerating via nuclear processes)?

That way the pressure is off to mine for it (and find a fix), encourage owners to move carriers more, and if you want more tritium you can still risk mining in the meantime.

Its sort of taking the idea of regenerating fuel from the suggestions section and running with it.

Hey, free gas is free gas.

am i right?

The problem is that there is no set date for a fix, and the freebie has given a maximum amount of jumps 'free' but what then? I say just roll with it and regenerate the fuel each tick, that way the upper limit of jumps is not set and less complaints.

Long term it does set a precedent, but short to medium term its either two jumps and back to empty, or some semblance of normality.

Disclosure: I don't own a FC.

A full depot isn't enough. 10000 tons will be enough to manage until you patch. 1000 tons in the depot will not get me to my destination or even to the next known "empty" hotspot.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The problem is that there is no set date for a fix, and the freebie has given a maximum amount of jumps 'free' but what then? I say just roll with it and regenerate the fuel each tick, that way the upper limit of jumps is not set and less complaints.

Long term it does set a precedent, but short to medium term its either two jumps and back to empty, or some semblance of normality.

Disclosure: I don't own a FC.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/f5YpbyW.gif

Top Bottom