ANNOUNCEMENT Tritium Depot Refills

If we had a date, we'd share it with you. As the patch is currently in development, the date is liable to change. When it's not, we'll let you know.

Thanks, Bruce! If this is happening daily until the patch comes out, then FCs will not be dead in the water (ether?). If it's a one-time thing, it doesn't really mitigate the problem, it just advances it about 4 jumps.

Glad to hear this is being worked on and I do appreciate the communication!

To those of you making crazy long expeditions and have run out of fuel, why didn't you fill the carriers cargo hold with tritium?

Also, fixing a bug in a game this massive is not an easy task. It's something they ARE working on and will end up fixing, it's a priority.

Patience, children.....

Last edited:
I'v just managed to get another jump in to where my Cutter is heading.
Nice jesture from the team, of limited worth to me, but still nice.
Hope the patch is soon, but don't rush it out if it's not ready to appease the whiners;)

Make tritium scoopable from certain stars. Scrap the mining requirement for tritium.
Thank you for the gesture but my FLC is on hold with full load of tritium. Just waiting to go on an exploring tour untill you fix a way to refuel out in the void.
Yep - been saying this for a while. Tritium should be a scoopable fuel, from certain types of star - after all it is an isotope of hydrogen. Fits reasonably well with the lore, the physics and the general gameplay much better than this frankly stupid idea of mining rocks for it.

Do you want Odyssey before 2022, then let the dev team do their work and let the few who are looking into into bug fixes fix them without making them feel worse about this. This game is their baby, not 'just a job'. When they break something it guts them more than it bothers the players. They have so much more feelings going on when something unintended happens than the simple anger and passive agressive attitudes players have when something breaks.

Wait it out.

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7

Frontier Stimulus Check

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7
thats awesome very appreciated that we know fdev is fixing this

To those of you making crazy long expeditions and have run out of fuel, why didn't you fill the carriers cargo hold with tritium?

Also, fixing a bug in a game this massive is an easy task. It's something they ARE working on and will end up fixing, it's a priority.

Patience, children.....

there math for this and if you went beagle in your fc full you would not have enough to go back. The colonia express is a amazing example. It can run to and from bubble without refilling. But it’s not going anywhere now cause of the fuel crisis. If you planed to go somewhere and then mine the fuel to get your way back obviously you wouldn’t have the fuel total fuel for the return trip. If you take detours off your route you burn extra fuel. Believing it could replaced by some mining. so I believe that your question is unjustified and lacks back ground Knowledge.

“Also, fixing a bug in a game this massive is an easy task.”

obviouely it is not an easy task cause if it was; if it was they have done it already and they have not.

Greetings Commanders!

o7

Let's see... Bubble is 30kly away and a full tank will get me 2kly at best. Hrmm... Not much help. Maybe if you re-fill our tanks EVERY day at 15:00 UTC until the end of the pandemic bug is fixed, that would help.

Last edited:
Do you want Odyssey before 2022, then let the dev team do their work and let the few who are looking into into bug fixes fix them without making them feel worse about this. This game is their baby, not 'just a job'. When they break something it guts them more than it bothers the players. They have so much more feelings going on when something unintended happens than the simple anger and passive agressive attitudes players have when something breaks.

Wait it out.

Thats not what people are talking about- the freebie is a nice gesture, but its severely limited in its scope. It won't help a huge amount because its 2000Ly 'free' and thats it. I get FD are in a tight spot trying to fix it, but if Tritium is the problem for the time being remove the need for tritium- the fix won't be that far away, and if FD are willing to give fuel away why not do it to buy time?

Also, fixing a bug in a game this massive is an easy task. It's something they ARE working on and will end up fixing, it's a priority.

Patience, children.....

Children? Why the abuse? There really is no need.

I had a full tank and zigzagged my way towards Beagle Point knowing exactly where I'd be filling up on the way. The patch changed the rules so many like me are now firmly stuck despite leaving both the Bubble and Colonia with a full tank.

Top Bottom