ANNOUNCEMENT Tritium Depot Refills

To all the people complaining: Fdev didnt have to give you anything. They could have very easily just sat back and waited on the patch, and left you with zero. They have said the tritium issue was a mistake, and that they are working on it. Give them some good will and let them work on it. Maybe even say thank you for listening and trying to alleviate the problem?

To Fdev: Thank you so much! This will help alot, and i cant even imagine how happy everyone in colonia is right now! Good luck with the patch, I hope its coming along smoothly :D

Dude thats useless for people in the black who actually need this. Thats like 3-4 jumps tops. You messed up something because you couldn’t be bothered to perform basic quality control and that is your gesture of good will?
It's zero jumps for those of us who have been careful to keep our tanks full on a regular basis. So, I'm supposed to make 5 or 6 unplanned and currently unnecessary jumps within the next couple hours (at best) in order to to be included in this poorly-thought-out "gesture of goodwill"? Why not dump 1000T in every FC's cargo hold, claimable at any time it becomes necessary or feasible, as when a player's hold frees up sufficient space? Add it to the ARX store as a one-time only purchase for zero ARX. Damn store is about all that works (sometimes) in this game lately.

It's zero jumps for those of us who have been careful to keep our tanks full on a regular basis. So, I'm supposed to make 5 or 6 unplanned and currently unnecessary jumps within the next couple hours (at best) in order to to be included in this poorly-thought-out "gesture of goodwill"? Why not dump 1000T in every FC's cargo hold, claimable at any time it becomes necessary or feasible, as when a player's hold frees up sufficient space? Add it to the ARX store as a one-time only purchase for zero ARX. Damn store is about all that works (sometimes) in this game lately.
No need to worry. You already missed it (1500 UTC)

there math for this and if you went beagle in your fc full you would not have enough to go back. The colonia express is a amazing example. It can run to and from bubble without refilling. But it’s not going anywhere now cause of the fuel crisis. If you planed to go somewhere and then mine the fuel to get your way back obviously you wouldn’t have the fuel total fuel for the return trip. If you take detours off your route you burn extra fuel. Believing it could replaced by some mining. so I believe that your question is unjustified and lacks back ground Knowledge.

“Also, fixing a bug in a game this massive is an easy task.”

obviouely it is not an easy task cause if it was; if it was they have done it already and they have not.

Was meant to say 'not an easy task"

The point is they are working on it. Go get your name on some systems while you wait, sheesh

A full depot isn't enough. 10000 tons will be enough to manage until you patch. 1000 tons in the depot will not get me to my destination or even to the next known "empty" hotspot.

Thanks.
I sometimes wonder if the devs have fully taken on board just how much Tedium - sorry, Tritium, my swipey keyboard gets the two confused for some reason - it takes to move a carrier any significant distance out in the black.

Some of us did raise the issue during the beta, but....

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7
Well lucky me, my Tritium depot was full anyway so that will be a big fat zero benefit to me.

Well Bruce, whilst I'm here I might as well make the most of it. So can I request a change to how Tritium is moved from the Carrier Cargo to the Tritium depot?
I'm going to use role play as my example ok:
1. So as it stands, if my carrier needs refuelling using Tritium from the carrier's cargo, I've got instruct the carrier hanger crew to take Tritium from the carrier's cargo and load it onto my current ship.
2. I then have to tell the hanger crew to then immediately take it all off again and move it to the Tritium depot.
3. Bare in mind that we pay a huge weekly upkeep to keep these people in a job.
4. And also bare in mind I own and fund the Carrier and its whole operation.

I mean whichever way you look at this... it's stupid. Or maybe the unions run the ship?
Therefore can we please have some sort of sensible remote refuelling option, where we can send an order for the paid crew to move Tritium from the carrier cargo to the tritium depot without the actual commander of the Fleet Carrier having to do the manual work themselves?

Ever hopeful for some common sense.

Love you, UberMeg

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7
lol, so what do the miners get for being left with this car crash?

To all the people complaining: Fdev didnt have to give you anything. They could have very easily just sat back and waited on the patch, and left you with zero. They have said the tritium issue was a mistake, and that they are working on it. Give them some good will and let them work on it. Maybe even say thank you for listening and trying to alleviate the problem?

To Fdev: Thank you so much! This will help alot, and i cant even imagine how happy everyone in colonia is right now! Good luck with the patch, I hope its coming along smoothly :D
"You burned down my house!"

"Oh, we are sorry, we'll see what we can do about it. In the meantime, have this brick."

I agree that the gesture shows good will. It also shows a complete misunderstanding of the problem.

In the Bubble, where this amount of Tritium might be useful, most people buy their Tritium so aren't really affected by the mining blight. Out in the black, where you do need to mine Tritium, a thousand tons (at most) is next to nothing.

To those of you making crazy long expeditions and have run out of fuel, why didn't you fill the carriers cargo hold with tritium?

Also, fixing a bug in a game this massive is not an easy task. It's something they ARE working on and will end up fixing, it's a priority.

Patience, children.....
You'll get around 56,000LY if planned correctly on a full tank, from then onwards you need to mine for fuel, hence why the ultra long range cmdrs are stuck. Colonia has zero fuel left, and 1000 tonnes of trit gets you roughly 3000LY on a correctly figured long range explorer on fumes.

So not great at all, this needs to be fixed asap. Just glad I did my trip before this mess. This really only helps Colonia dwellers, or those that need to limp a bit closer to the bubble.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Well lucky me, my Tritium depot was full anyway so that will be a big fat zero benefit to me.

Well Bruce, whilst I'm here I might as well make the most of it. So can I request a change to how Tritium is moved from the Carrier Cargo to the Tritium depot?
I'm going to use role play as my example ok:
1. So as it stands, if my carrier needs refuelling using Tritium from the carrier's cargo, I've got instruct the carrier hanger crew to take Tritium from the carrier's cargo and load it onto my current ship.
2. I then have to tell the hanger crew to then immediately take it all off again and move it to the Tritium depot.
3. Bare in mind that we pay a huge weekly upkeep to keep these people in a job.
4. And also bare in mind I own and fund the Carrier and its whole operation.

I mean whichever way you look at this... it's stupid. Or maybe the unions run the ship?
Therefore can we please have some sort of sensible remote refuelling option, where we can send an order for the paid crew to move Tritium from the carrier cargo to the tritium depot without the actual commander of the Fleet Carrier having to do the manual work themselves?

Ever hopeful for some common sense.

Love you, UberMeg
Hi Meg,

We're aware that Fleet Carrier owners would like to move Tritium more easily between the cargo hold and depot, thanks for this feedback.

Deleted member 38366

D
It's a pity us Carrier Owners that have surplus gas can't put up fixed/limited sell orders.

I could easily afford to sell 2000-3000t.

Alas... it's impossible, it's either everything or nothing.
Can't put up a sell order this way, that'd easily risk losing my entire Tritium storage...

I'd highly welcome seeing that minor change to Carrier sell orders.

Top Bottom