Tritium Hotspots?

Interesting. There are about 10 things which usually appear in hotspots for most ring types, so the chances of a matched triple should be about 1:100 and the chances of a matched triple of a specific thing should be about 1:1000.

So either:
  • Borann (and the Beta Tritium triple) were extremely lucky finds
  • There are a lot more triple hotspots in that region still to be discovered
  • There is something about hotspot generation which makes matched hotspots more likely than random chance would suggest

I have not even seen a double Tritium hotspot yet. And I'm 'moving by mining', from hand to mouth policy. I have to take what I get on my journey, so a multifunctional miner (Vette) is what I'm using by now. All 4 methods might not always be the most efficient way, but certainly the most diversified one. I'm also not always in the luxury position to only pick non-rotation asteroids. This makes SSD mining in a Vette to a challenge sometimes. Before FCs I never was a fan of flying the big ships - I finally start to really love my Vette. As a deep space miner you don't need to make compromises in form of weapons: All weapon slots are free for mining equipment!

I have not even seen a double Tritium hotspot yet. And I'm 'moving by mining'
My sample size is limited... But for what it's worth :
  • out of 1522 discovered Hotspots, 87 were Tritium (5.7% of all Hotspots)
  • out of 87 Tritium Hotspots, 3 were part of Double Tritium Hotspots (in a sense : 6 involved)

So I have 3 places so far where I could top off on Tritium via Double Hotspot. It's quite a bit of work finding them, though...

I appears "cold Systems" or "cold regions of Systems" are ideal candidates - whereas "hot Systems" will likely be duds for Tritium, unless they have i.e. a cold B/C/D Star etc.

My sample size is limited... But for what it's worth :
  • out of 1522 discovered Hotspots, 87 were Tritium (5.7% of all Hotspots)
  • out of 87 Tritium Hotspots, 3 were part of Double Tritium Hotspots (in a sense : 6 involved)

So I have 3 places so far where I could top off on Tritium via Double Hotspot. It's quite a bit of work finding them, though...

I appears "cold Systems" or "cold regions of Systems" are ideal candidates - whereas "hot Systems" will likely be duds for Tritium, unless they have i.e. a cold B/C/D Star etc.
My experience so far is that star types M to F have the best chance of icy rings, with A rarely and usually far outliers in the system, and B almost never,* and again way out in the system's boonies, often with eccentric orbits (possibly a captured rogue). But I've now reached a locale where that experience is being heavily modified, with K, G, and F stars showing far more rocky planets than GGs with or without rings, so it may be heavily biased by local distribution factors. I've been documenting many of the systems with icy rings sporting decent hotspots for use in a database down the road, so if I'm ever back in the neighborhood I can find 'em more quickly.

*This refers to planets actually orbiting B stars. In the case of a system where you arrive at a B star, icy ringed planets can often orbit companion stars of cooler type (just found a good example) or a barycenter that is suitably distant from the hot blue B star.

Last edited:
Comfortable spot, right inside the bubble: LHS 3056 2 A ring. Great variety of LTD, Tritum, Alexandrite, Grandiderite, even some Void Opals in there. Currently, you'll also find the Americana parked there, while I test the viability of mining for fuel.
Awesome find, thanks for the info it's right around the corner from where I currently set up shop. I'm a noob at mining and this was the best mining experience I've had so far.

The whole thread here is a bit a non-sense, guys. I constantly watch INARA for tritium sales ("best exports" ) and each time an outpost pops out with 300-900 tones of Tritium at 4000 credits I jump there with my FC, park the whale right on the front door, get a Python with 240 tons cargo, armed and with T6 shield and I do 3-5 runs of 1 min each until I buy the whole stock. So I spent 4,2 millions for 1000tones of Tritium right ? That is what, 6-7 painite ? I mean, is some 30 seconds of Painite mining ?!

I will never lose my time mining for tritium when you can buy at 4000 credits. Have some common sense.
Use each opportunity on the market to have always at least 1500-2000 tones stocked.
Pay attention a week and you can easily stockpile 5000 tomes. Enough for a double trip to Colonia. Use the time better mining for things with real valor.

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-10-22T15-59-17.972Z.png
Firefox_Screenshot_2020-10-22T15-59-17.972Z.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom