Truckers up Teide - the In Game Challenge! 11th November

Anyone who took part - could you please make sure you've sent an email to itookpart@huttonorbital.com with a link to your "proof" from any attempt made during Sunday (later ones are for fun, but we can't count them) before we close submissions. Even if it's not a winning time, we want to get your names on the scoreboard to give you awesome lot credit

!!! ATTENTION EVERYONE IN THE RACE !!!

We're now reviewing race submissions in order to produce the team and solo leaderboards and decide who the winners are.

If you took part in (and finished) the course on Sunday and want to be in with a chance of wining a prize (or are just curious to know where you placed - no shame - it's all good) then, if you haven't already done so, you MUST do the following ...

Upload two screenshots from inside the SRV, one parked at (or near) the start coordinates, and one up on the flat plane on top of the mountain, which show your coordinates and the in-HUD clock, to an image sharing website such as imgur.com.

Send an email to itookpart@huttonorbital.com including:
- "Team" or "Solo" (if you omitted this we'll do our best to figure out which is which)
- Cmdr Name(s) (if a team then supply the names of up to 4 team members and let us know who was driving and who, if one of your own team, was scouting from the air)
- Team Name (for teams)
- Your time (we can work it from the screenshots but it helps if you also incldue it in the email)
- Platform (PC/xbox/PS4)
- SRV name(s) (just for fun really)

We'll wait another day or so to give people time to do this.

I can currently confirm submissions received from the following people:
Tao Zee
Hawkus Alpha
Aken B
Timmy Brabston
carrumba (95th Squadron)
Matthias Ronan
Zdenek-Joerg
Buckyball Racing Club (Turner and Bosch)
AEDC Team
Greytest
OverSavior
Bra2S (Oumuamua)
Feyd Rautah
Nezerroth
Logan XVII
Rock Rats (Greytest and Primetime)
Scab Flake
Arkansand
Dayglo Viking
Myshka
Surly's Paws Fuel Rats team
Phoenix_dfire (alas the rest of team Lave Radio didn't make it)
Team Zhmykh Squad (Nezerroth and Barkved)
Team Montgomery Python (DNF)

Last edited:
I may have counted my time wrong though... I stated in an e-mail my time was 1:12:05, but it was actually 1:41:05 :) I officially claim that i suck in math. I wasn't trying to cheat or something *embarassed*

Attention all racers!

The results (which have now all been checked and collated) and winners of the 3304 Truckers-Up-Teide in-game mountain climb race will be announced live on the Hutton Orbital Radio podcast at 20:30(ish) GMT tonight!

tv.forthemug.com

radio.forthemug.com

Also - if you want to be involved in the show then there's a "green room" on teamspeak here: Ts.forthemug.com

Last edited:
ltFLnZm.jpg

YEAAAHHHHSSSSS!!!

OK folks, for those of you who missed the announcements on last night's Hutton Orbital show here's the final scoreboard!

WNRzn5k.png

So, the prize winners of the 3304 Truckers Up Teide in-game mountain climb event are ...

giphy.gif

The "Solo award" (and trophy) goes to Cmdr Nezerroth for his absolutely unbelievable 17m 50s solo climb.

The "Team award" (and trophy) goes to the Rock Rats team (featuring Cmdrs PrimetimeCasual and Greytest) for their superb 32m 53s team climb.

The "Top Trucker" award goes to Cmdr Sanderling for his tireless, selfless and incredibly professional services as a mountain guide (as independently nominated by several racers)

The "Cubicle Three" award goes to Colin Ford and the Lave Radio Team for basically going up the wrong mountain, plummeting back down, blowing up, persevering and just generally proving that, with enough will and determination, even the worst can sometimes be the best! :p

And the "you're all bloody heroes" Hutton decal will be going out to everyone who took part and submitted an entry.

We'll be contacting people in due course for email addresses etc in order to get your prizes sent out to you.

Bravo everyone for getting involved!

And if I may, I'll finish on a song screenshot (from the Buckyball team run) which I think summarises the event quite nicely! [haha]
XeVLFVq.png
o7

Last edited:
And if I may, I'll finish on a song screenshot (from the Buckyball team run) which I think summarises the event quite nicely! [haha]
o7

So many puns in that screenshot, I'm not even sorry ! :D

EDIT : I just realized I wrote "Crevisse" instead of "Crevasse" while the word I was looking for was obviously Fissure, but the google search I just made confirmed this is the best pun I could have come up with un-intentionally so... Yeah, I aimed to do that from the start.

It was an honor to participate . I am glad we showed that little rat paws can run quickly if need be :) And I am even happier the goal amount was reached!

If anyone is in touch with the SDC... need to check if they threw cash in the charity tin for taking part... in their inimitable way. Bit.ly/TUTeide

Well done everyone :)
It was awesome to get back to the villa on Tenerife, having left the hikers on the volcano, and to see you lot STILL trying to get yer buggies up the E : D mountain :D
#forthemug
Bit.ly/TUTeide

It was a lot of fun taking part and I feel genuinely accomplished even with that DNF. It beats a DNS.

I can absolutely vouch for Commander Sanderling too. After I'd been up there for a while be helped try to find me a more viable route, even if I couldn't get there anyway.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who supported our madcap Truckerish escapade, whether in-game, or online, or via stream, or in person, or by donating. Every single bit of support helped us enormously and was, and is, very much appreciated.

It's not too late to donate. We may have exceeded our target but please do donate if you can by visiting http://bit.ly/TUTeide

Below are some photos to give you a flavour of our travels.

Shortly after arrival at the Villa on Thursday the team pose in front of the old Orange Tree with a special guest courtesy of Messrs Ellis and Marcaigh (thank you so much both of you for doing that for me!)....
46376433_10156531028675202_4283505162158342144_n_zpshtkdcni0.jpg
46480425_10217253688033367_3020616092293791744_n_zpsx0o5d2qu.jpg

On the Friday we went on a scouting trip to check out stop points, scenic points of interest and to do some pointing....
IMG_7230_zpshq0apgka.jpg
IMG_7221_zpsuy6qqyui.jpg

The cyclists prepare for a trial ride on the Saturday
IMG_7894_zpssym3kmmv.jpg
IMG_7918_zpsuuvcaz3x.jpg

Bret Riverboat and Evenstar at the 27km mark on the cycle ride
IMG_8310_zpsqh2oyhxa.jpg
IMG_8395_zps4n0ajhjw.jpg

Cmdr Overlight on the way up
IMG_8333_zpsgbvr4cyd.jpg

The hikers pose at the beginning of the track to the top.
IMG_8819_zpsi2mggdzb.jpg

The first part of the hike up the Volcano. 5kms of sustained uphill slog. This was followed by an even worse section full of boulders of pumice and tricky footholds.
46446898_345437229556567_3836059381976268800_n_zpsc5hpc8gv.jpg

Sunset on Teide with its shadow casting a long tail in the distance!
46446971_10156531024180202_290754283618435072_n_zps6kzpcils.jpg

Vingetun at the Alta Vista on the Sunday evening.
45808199_10157884425409027_2119600793328812032_n_zpsqtbyy9yc.jpg

Sunrise on Teide with Venus showing brightly
46446882_1427746744024262_229870326173925376_n_zpsrsye83y4.jpg

Sunrise on Teide
46412042_10156531024335202_3866101269462515712_n_zpsul8nvaxg.jpg

Three of the four that made it to the top of the world... Bret Riverboat, Overlight and Elmasri with Evenstar behind the camera.
46326127_10156531024975202_7814579539215908864_n_zpsmwlnbkwa.jpg

Thank you to everyone who supported our madcap Truckerish escapade, whether in-game, or online, or via stream, or in person, or by donating. Every single bit of support helped us enormously and was, and is, very much appreciated.

It's not too late to donate. We may have exceeded our target but please do donate if you can by visiting http://bit.ly/TUTeide

Below are some photos to give you a flavour of our travels.

Shortly after arrival at the Villa on Thursday the team pose in front of the old Orange Tree with a special guest courtesy of Messrs Ellis and Marcaigh (thank you so much both of you for doing that for me!)....

On the Friday we went on a scouting trip to check out stop points, scenic points of interest and to do some pointing....

The cyclists prepare for a trial ride on the Saturday

Bret Riverboat and Evenstar at the 27km mark on the cycle ride

Cmdr Overlight on the way up

The hikers pose at the beginning of the track to the top.

The first part of the hike up the Volcano. 5kms of sustained uphill slog. This was followed by an even worse section full of boulders of pumice and tricky footholds.

Sunset on Teide with its shadow casting a long tail in the distance!

Vingetun at the Alta Vista on the Sunday evening.

Sunrise on Teide with Venus showing brightly

Sunrise on Teide

Three of the four that made it to the top of the world... Bret Riverboat, Overlight and Elmasri with Evenstar behind the camera.

Forgot to say Mike, thanks for sharing those - awesome photos!

Also, Hutton decal codes have now been sent out to everyone who took part, submitted an entry to the itookpart email address and appears on the scoreboard I posted earlier. If you haven't received that then first check your email spam folder and, if it's not there, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do.

Also also, if you ran into the problem of "floating rocks" or a "sinking SRV" or other similar terrain issues could you add your voice to the bug report I've created (and linked below) because this is a REALLY old bug and I've been motivated to have another crack at getting FD as much info as possible in order to help them fix it (yeah - I realise I've probably picked a bad time to do this, but no time like the present eh?).

visible-planet-surface-out-of-sync-with-physical-surface-(aka-"SRV-sinking"-aka-"floating-rocks"-)

o7

P.S. Oh - and spurred on by this weekends activities (and by the lively competition going on between Greytest and Nezerroth) - I'm in the process of preparing a new "standing time trial challenge". I won't go into details yet, but it will feature a scoreboard which I'll maintain for as long as people are interested (similar to the Sagittarius A* challenge and the Okinura Sprint). It will be a pure SRV event and it's not a mountain climb, but nor is it a simple flat race from point A to B like the Elwood to Ferguson run on Wasat A2 E.

;)

Attention fellow SRV aficianados, the moment some of you have been waiting for is here!

HEiZcvZ.png

The-Pomeche-Ridge-Challenge-a-standing-SRV-time-trial-in-association-with-the-Buckyball-Racing-Club

Top Bottom