Tungsten Carbide and Weapon Components

I don't know if mentioned since OP... but Weapon Components / Tungsten Carbide are not rare... it's just the silly large amounts needed by FDev's design for the upgrades.... and here for just one example:

Karma AR.50 Upgrade to level 5 needs the following:
15 Weapon Schematic
15 Compressed Liquified Gas
15 Manufacture Instructions
35 Tungsten Carbide :rolleyes:
35 Weapon Component :rolleyes:

...just sayin o7

(P.S. Off Topic: What we DO need is the Bartender to trade across and between all three of the item types and not keep each one isolated for trade from the other two... and... AND.. we need a TRADER for our DATA!!!.... oh yes we do!...when do we want it? .... NOW!....will we get it?***.... probably not)

*** to paraphrase & misquote some loony NPC blathering chatter that we have to put up with.

Last edited:
I don't know if mentioned since OP... but Weapon Components / Tungsten Carbide are not rare... it's just the silly large amounts needed by FDev's design for the upgrades for just one example:
Karma AR.50 Upgrade to level 5 needs the following:
15 Weapon Schematic
15 Compressed Liquified Gas
15 Manufacture Instructions
35 Tungsten Carbide :rolleyes:
35 Weapon Component :rolleyes:

...just sayin o7
That's having upgraded to G4 already.
G3-G4 needs
Karma AR.50
10 Weapon Schematic
10 Compressed Liquified Gas
10 Manufacture Instructions
25 Tungsten Carbide
25 Weapon Component

It seems that large amounts are needed, which may or not be the case as it depends on your point of view. Given time and a bit of patience, doing the missions will build up stocks of the materials needed. You will value the item more having worked for it. Thought needs to be given to the weapons that are going to be upgraded and modded, as it is not worth improving weapons that are not going to be used. That reduces the materials needed.

Steve 07.

Instead of E-A, it is now 1-5. People would probably be more upset if they realized, you now have to grind to obtain A modules.
I meant in the sense that the materials and data are not divided into grade 1 to 5 for when you want to trade up or down, they suddenly use a completely different method which would also pose an awkward challenge if they would ever consider changing the inventory system to more closely match Horizons engineering.

Given time and a bit of patience, doing the missions will build up stocks of the materials needed.
That's highly dependent on being sent to or finding the "right" settlements for the type of materials or data you're gathering. For instance, my "home" system and a few others surrounding it are High Tech and mainly feature High Tech, Military and Industrial settlements. If I want to find missions that send me to Extraction/Agriculture settlements and the like, I have to move to completely different systems. The game could do a much better job at pointing people in the right direction.

That's highly dependent on being sent to or finding the "right" settlements for the type of materials or data you're gathering. For instance, my "home" system and a few others surrounding it are High Tech and mainly feature High Tech, Military and Industrial settlements. If I want to find missions that send me to Extraction/Agriculture settlements and the like, I have to move to completely different systems. The game could do a much better job at pointing people in the right direction.
I think many of us fall into the routine of not moving around, tending to stay at or near the home system. Wanda is not looking for materials, just kills mainly to rank up. Plus there is little inventory space left.

Steve 07.

Lol, its easy to get them...

Find anarchy tourist settlement, and grab all optical lens, and all memory chips. Both grey and red. Repeat 10 times, and you should have atleast 100+ of each memory chips, and about 30-50 optical lenses, then trade all of this into Tugsten or wep components.

Lol, its easy to get them...

Find anarchy tourist settlement, and grab all optical lens, and all memory chips. Both grey and red. Repeat 10 times, and you should have atleast 100+ of each memory chips, and about 30-50 optical lenses, then trade all of this into Tugsten or wep components.
Contrary to popular belief, non-anarchy settlements also carry all kinds of materials and more. You can even find SDPs there!

Contrary to popular belief, non-anarchy settlements also carry all kinds of materials and more. You can even find SDPs there!
yea I know tha but I tend to kill all living things during my runs(so no one complain if I take stuff or being at restricted area), and not really wanna bother with wanted status along notoriety.

I finished my unlock grind long time ago, but still not have all weps at G5, wich are second sets of kinetics. All left for me to grind is just wep components and tugsten carbite.

Oh look, I have some buggy colored Graphene again o_O

Tungsten Graphene.jpg

Still annoyed by my lack of brain sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom