Turn in materials mission - turn in target missing?

I have cargo for Aksyonov Platform for the Hong Kong Cavaliers. I'm at Aksyonov Platform, the exclamation mark is over the mission board, but there are no Hong Kong Cavaliers and no one has anything for my turn in.

Am I missing something? It looks like the turn in organization is just missing altogether? Done this a million times so I'm pretty used to the drill. I'm not new to cargo missions. Anyone else have this happen?

Judging from the system history on Inara, they were recently kicked out of the system. You probably accepted the mission before they were removed and now they are simply not there.

Judging from the system history on Inara, they were recently kicked out of the system. You probably accepted the mission before they were removed and now they are simply not there.

I reported the bug. I don't mind not being able to turn in, but if that's the case then I better not suffer the insane penalty I just got hit with. That is some grade A rubbish.

It can't be that insane can it?
A mission to ship 500t of Palladium in a wing mission would hurt the bottom line a bit if you failed

But hey, that's the risk you take when you accept that kind of mission.

I mean hauling 180t of Palladium is gonna get you an order of magnitude more reward than 180t Biowaste[1], so the risk carried should be an order of magnitude more.

[1] because the reward mechanism is upchucked

Last edited:
It can't be that insane can it?

The fine was 2 million. Really I have 550 million so it wasn't much to me - it's the principal of the thing. I love the realism of Elite Dangerous. If you ask to ship something somewhere it's not like the mailman is going to pay a 2 million dollar fine because the recipient was kicked off the station. That's stupid. Really stupid.

Edit: My suggestion: I'm 100% ok with this happening. Make it like it would really be - if they get kicked off the station let me fly the back and give it back to the sender and then cancel the mission.

Last edited:
The fine was 2 million. Really I have 550 million so it wasn't much to me - it's the principal of the thing. I love the realism of Elite Dangerous. If you ask to ship something somewhere it's not like the mailman is going to pay a 2 million dollar fine because the recipient was kicked off the station. That's stupid. Really stupid.

Edit: My suggestion: I'm 100% ok with this happening. Make it like it would really be - if they get kicked off the station let me fly the poopoo back and give it back to the sender and then cancel the mission.
Unfortunately it's an edge case, and, well, as the entire game evidences, FD don't deal with them.

Edit: My suggestion: I'm 100% ok with this happening. Make it like it would really be - if they get kicked off the station let me fly the poopoo back and give it back to the sender and then cancel the mission.

Eminently reasonable.

So, instead of giving it back to the sender, you just sell it at the nearest Black Market. You save the trip and make a little bit of money in the bargain. If the sender is so anxious to receive exactly those goods back, they can try to recover it from the Black Market network - their problem.

Unfortunately it's an edge case, and, well, as the entire game evidences, FD don't deal with them.
Pity, really. It doesn't happen very often and it could lead to some more interesting events when it does.

You get to the system with the goods, and you get a message from the controlling faction:
"Unfortunately, CMDR, <faction A> are no longer with us. We'll take them off your hands for <a bit less>"
...and a message from the retreated faction
"We desperately need those goods still to plan our fight-back. Please deliver them to <other system> for <a bit more>"
...and you can pick one.

It's a mild inconvenience when it happens for a short-run mission like this ... it'd be much worse for the 28-day passenger missions.

So, instead of giving it back to the sender, you just sell it at the nearest Black Market. You save the trip and make a little bit of money in the bargain. If the sender is so anxious to receive exactly those goods back, they can try to recover it from the Black Market network - their problem.

hahaha this is what I actually ended up doing with it. I was like, well you aren't going to give me my money but I'll get ~650k out of it

Top Bottom