I was aware of all of The above stated information and have in fact commented about it at length in the EW discord. As well as the fact that some had suspected that “the good doctor” may have clones of himself there. However you again show your propensity for assumptions. your statement that “WE KNOW RAXXLA IS NOT ON LAVE 2” can only be true if you are in fact David Braben OBE, posting on the Frontier forums under a pen name. Otherwise I find your assertion that it’s entirely impossible for an entire planet to have only one interesting fact tied to it as silly as the notion that since Cambridge exists on earth than WE KNOW that the great pyramids of Giza cannot also exist there.

Technically Cambridge is also in Pollux 😉
STANDING ORDERS FOR TURNING THE WHEEL PROJECT (AS TAKEN FROM THE #STANDING-ORDERS CHANNEL ON THE ELITE WEEK DISCORD):

02-03 June 3306

Shinrarta Dezhra improved slightly by 1.6%. This more than makes up the loss from yesterday and is a good indicator that we can get movement in the right direction. Several more days like this and I'll have more faith in our ability to get this done. LFT 926 also gained a bit today!

Those with access to Shinrarta should concentrate efforts here again.
Missions for TDW from any station as well as trade for a profit into either of Neumann Camp or Puleston Arsenal. You buy elsewhere and sell into our stations.
Both these stations have Universal Cartographics so dropping your exploration data will help us as well.

There may be an opportunity to gain Bounty vouchers at the megaships in system. I suspect they aren't owned by us, but if by chance they are, defending them should get The Dark Wheel Bounties which help in either system.

Over in LFT 926, we are mostly restricted to using Missions to move influence. There is also a megaship in the system but the likely owner is Green party, so unlikely to be any use to us.

More advanced BGS players with a bit of experience might like to try your hands at smuggling into the black market at Meredith city. This should place a bit of downward pressure on them while we build up The Dark Wheel. Trading at a significant loss would help also if you have deep pockets.

Do Not Bounty Hunt in LFT 926 as that helps our new enemy, Green Party If you need to hand in their vouchers, do so in Skeggiko O
Tdw have control of the Military installation near entry point in LFT 926 and also a few of the installations in the system as well. Good for bounty voucher opportunities

Edit: Back in march there was a prison ship in the system that said it was dark wheel affiliated but has since moved on

Last edited:
I've been supporting The Dark Wheel on LFT-926 for months now, so yeah, I'm in! My attempts to expand the influence of The Dark Wheel have been in vain, it has never risen more than 14% and the influence of the Green Party is always over 60%. I am aware that several commanders have been supporting the Dark Wheel on LFT-926 for a long time and the influence never rises. Maybe someone is supporting the Green Party faction. Let's see if now with the massive help of commanders we can increase the influence and start the expansion. I don't think expansion to the SOL system is necessary. My theory since I read the codex the first time is that with a few expansions the notoriety will increase, and some trigger will be activated and the real Dark Wheel will make an appearance.

See you in the dark! o7

I've been supporting The Dark Wheel on LFT-926 for months now, so yeah, I'm in! My attempts to expand the influence of The Dark Wheel have been in vain, it has never risen more than 14% and the influence of the Green Party is always over 60%. I am aware that several commanders have been supporting the Dark Wheel on LFT-926 for a long time and the influence never rises. Maybe someone is supporting the Green Party faction. Let's see if now with the massive help of commanders we can increase the influence and start the expansion. I don't think expansion to the SOL system is necessary. My theory since I read the codex the first time is that with a few expansions the notoriety will increase, and some trigger will be activated and the real Dark Wheel will make an appearance.

See you in the dark! o7

EDSM is tracking a small uptick, in both Green Party and TDW, to the detriment of all the other factions. TDW is up about 3% since OP, but green has gained nearly 8%, so the other factions are getting pushed out quickly

EDSM is tracking a small uptick, in both Green Party and TDW, to the detriment of all the other factions. TDW is up about 3% since OP, but green has gained nearly 8%, so the other factions are getting pushed out quickly
Interesting data. See if the rebound can be sustained for the next few days. But keep in mind that factions cannot be expelled because they are native to that system. Only The Dark Wheel and Fong Wang Limited are not native to LFT 926.

Interesting data. See if the rebound can be sustained for the next few days. But keep in mind that factions cannot be expelled because they are native to that system. Only The Dark Wheel and Fong Wang Limited are not native to LFT 926.

While they cannot be expelled, it seems likely their influence will have to be minimized before we can make significant gains on the Green Party

While they cannot be expelled, it seems likely their influence will have to be minimized before we can make significant gains on the Green Party
More specifically in terms of cause and effect their influence will be minimised as a natural consequence of TDW attempting to catch the Green Party.

The Green Party owns the station so will get passing traffic for trade, UC, and system-level bounties. As a high-tech station next to Shinrarta it probably gets quite a lot of this, even if no-one is specifically helping them, which will tend to give it a high "natural" influence level.

TDW on the other hand basically only has missions and the occasional KWS-ed bounty, as do the other factions. They therefore have a low natural influence level.

If TDW are given "extra" missions by actual supporters, the result will be to boost their influence above its natural level, which will be seen as a reduction in all other factions. With no specific or significant passing support, the other factions will then fall as the gap between TDW and TGP narrows: this is a common pattern in contested systems.

Another option would be negative actions specifically targeted on TGP. These would directly reduce TGP's influence, and increase that of all other factions, but TDW as the highest other faction would benefit most. The combination of negative TGP and positive TDW actions would close the gap fastest.

I smuggled a couple hundred tons of slaves and stolen cargo to Merideth in LFT 926 yesterday. Black Market lowers controlling faction (I believe). Also killing "clean" ships of the controlling faction lowers INF.
What you don't want to do is UC, markets, bounties, ship/modules buys, restocks, refuels at Merideth. That increases the Green Party INF.
It's tough. The amount of people going to LFT 926 to join the cause for TDW is increasing the INF of the Green Party due to those Station Services benefiting the controlling faction. BGS requires a little bit of discipline and planning. Only do Station Services at TDW controlled stations. Unfortunately there are none in LFT 926. There are 2 in ShinDez (both planetary) Neumann Camp (3,192 ls from main star) and Puleston Arsenal (3,227 ls) but they don't have all the station services that Jamesons has.
The nature of those systems makes it difficult to lower the controlling faction.

The best guide (current - hopefully won't change in the FC update in a few days) I could find is http://remlok-industries.fr/the-complete-background-simulation-guide/?lang=en

Tionisla should be a priority target to expand to in addition to lave. Since THS (tionisla historical society) could not expand into tionisla showing that TDW (the dark wheel) can would be profound. (identifying which systems in general, and in the old worlds are 'protected' would be potentially illuminating information to have.) Tionisla is also the historical home of TDW per Luko in Premonition "I have heard much of it. A strange place no? THey say it is connected with old stories. They say it was once the headquarters of the dark wheel." (39%, digitial page 176/457 ?)

Freeholm in Artemis was featured in MB's Elite: Legacy, and is known to have a glitchy mission board so it should probably be a priority target as well.

Targeting systems with bodies with 8+ moons orbiting should also be a goal more so than blind expansion. (Ra, Una etc)

Many Folks will likely burn out on pure BSG efforts in the same systems, and it may be a good idea to promote additional related activities.

A through exploration of the zero population Federal systems might fit the bill. There look to be ~30 or so such systems in and around the bubble. At least one (hip 22460, Where the black flight mega ships Overlook is believed to be hidden behind the permit lock.) is connected with the club and their anti-thargoid efforts. (One of the other systems has a pair of ammonia worlds with very odd names with no obvious reason why.) The surface POI in those systems are very similar (possibly identical) to those that spawn in systems with INRA bases. Despite these systems seemingly already being mapped no signs of a so far unknown base has emerged so MK I eyeball searches would be needed.

If players want to take a break and do some passenger missions, or long range hauling there is a way they can help resolve some possible questions as well. (TDW was supposed to operate beyond the human bubble). Many of the asteroid stations added to the game have odd mysterious anarchy factions (seemingly locked to 1% influence) that do not normally offer missions. In the time immediately following the weekly server maintenance they spawn long range hauling missions (often wing missions. The missions do not pay well, but it is an opportunity for cooperative play) that are difficult/impractical for a single player to complete. This is odd in that those sorts of missions where supposed to be totally removed form the game ages ago. After gaining some rep players should be able to take the passenger missions the factions offer. Flipping these systems may do nothing, but it may yield a permit opportunity, or provide a new rare good. We will not know until we manage to flip a system.

Tionisla should be a priority target to expand to in addition to lave. Since THS (tionisla historical society) could not expand into tionisla showing that TDW (the dark wheel) can would be profound. (identifying which systems in general, and in the old worlds are 'protected' would be potentially illuminating information to have.) Tionisla is also the historical home of TDW per Luko in Premonition "I have heard much of it. A strange place no? THey say it is connected with old stories. They say it was once the headquarters of the dark wheel." (39%, digitial page 176/457 ?)

Freeholm in Artemis was featured in MB's Elite: Legacy, and is known to have a glitchy mission board so it should probably be a priority target as well.

Targeting systems with bodies with 8+ moons orbiting should also be a goal more so than blind expansion. (Ra, Una etc)

Many Folks will likely burn out on pure BSG efforts in the same systems, and it may be a good idea to promote additional related activities.

A through exploration of the zero population Federal systems might fit the bill. There look to be ~30 or so such systems in and around the bubble. At least one (hip 22460, Where the black flight mega ships Overlook is believed to be hidden behind the permit lock.) is connected with the club and their anti-thargoid efforts. (One of the other systems has a pair of ammonia worlds with very odd names with no obvious reason why.) The surface POI in those systems are very similar (possibly identical) to those that spawn in systems with INRA bases. Despite these systems seemingly already being mapped no signs of a so far unknown base has emerged so MK I eyeball searches would be needed.

If players want to take a break and do some passenger missions, or long range hauling there is a way they can help resolve some possible questions as well. (TDW was supposed to operate beyond the human bubble). Many of the asteroid stations added to the game have odd mysterious anarchy factions (seemingly locked to 1% influence) that do not normally offer missions. In the time immediately following the weekly server maintenance they spawn long range hauling missions (often wing missions. The missions do not pay well, but it is an opportunity for cooperative play) that are difficult/impractical for a single player to complete. This is odd in that those sorts of missions where supposed to be totally removed form the game ages ago. After gaining some rep players should be able to take the passenger missions the factions offer. Flipping these systems may do nothing, but it may yield a permit opportunity, or provide a new rare good. We will not know until we manage to flip a system.
I like... but Targeted Expansion is much more difficult and complex. Requires multi-faction/system BGS gaming. Instigating wars/expansions into specific systems to temporarily lock expansion into non-targeted systems that would (by default) be the unwanted target of expansion.
We will probably get into that in a future phase. I think the current phase is to verify that we can trigger expansion of TDW successfully first. That is the current focus of this phase.

What you don't want to do is UC, markets, bounties, ship/modules buys, restocks, refuels at Merideth. That increases the Green Party INF.
Outfitting, shipyard, maintenance shouldn't affect influence at all.

Bounties, like missions, can safely be done from a non-controlled station: just make sure you only hand in TDW bounties and dump the rest at an Interstellar Factor in another system.

(At this stage the effort required with a KWS to get the bounties is probably going to be too much to be worthwhile for the amount you get ... but if you do capture this system, you can then bounty hunt in it without a KWS, grab lots of TDW bounties, and then hand those bounties into a station in Shinrarta for a nice influence boost there)

The best guide (current - hopefully won't change in the FC update in a few days) I could find is http://remlok-industries.fr/the-complete-background-simulation-guide/?lang=en
It's not bad, but like most BGS guides has some incorrect information and some information which may have been correct when it was written but isn't now. Still, better than most.

Incorrect:
  • NPCs have no impact on the BGS except by dying due to player action.
  • Government types don't have the distinctions they say (though they do have distinctions)
  • Factions can have multiple states in a single system
  • Elections are not just about missions, wars are not just about CZs. Trade and UC can help elections (which will be tough to struggle against with Green Party later); bounty hunting and installation/megaship scenarios can help wars; some mission types help wars as well as elections.
  • Happiness isn't a state (what it is no-one really knows, but it's not a state)

Out-of-date:
  • The missions table is pretty good for pre-3.3 data but a lot has changed since.
  • Some of the state data is a bit old in terms of cause and effect
  • State durations table is old, slider states no longer have defined durations, most of the other values are now different.
  • State priorities are no longer a thing
  • Influence loss as a direct result of expansion no longer occurs (but other states now do cause direct influence changes)
  • The expansion priority order has changed a bit, though this only affects invasions
  • Trading profit/tonne or variety is not relevant, only total profit matters now

Top Bottom