Is there anything we can do to mitigate this loss?
Not really beyond what you're doing anyway, unless you happen to hit pending expansion before it happens and then you don't have to care.

Having a quick look at systems near you with retreating factions and kicking them while they're down to make sure they go would possibly buy you time before it happens ... but that would require some very careful planning with a map and spreadsheet or you risk just opening up a space in the wrong direction for your own expansion to go to.

I kind of noticed the same thing too, but it's just on and off. I usually switch over to passenger missions and I am currently running 2 Inf++++ missions shuttling tourists to check out the Children of Raxxla outpost 7000ly away. I'm a new player so I was intrigued by this, but after doing some light research on this faction I know it won't lead anywhere in terms of finding raxxla. Oh well. I usually don't do these long distance passenger missions but I figured I'd explore outside the bubble for a bit as a "break" and pick up some cartography data along the way.

I kind of noticed the same thing too, but it's just on and off. I usually switch over to passenger missions and I am currently running 2 Inf++++ missions shuttling tourists to check out the Children of Raxxla outpost 7000ly away. I'm a new player so I was intrigued by this, but after doing some light research on this faction I know it won't lead anywhere in terms of finding raxxla. Oh well. I usually don't do these long distance passenger missions but I figured I'd explore outside the bubble for a bit as a "break" and pick up some cartography data along the way.

It's good that you learn your history on the CoR. My little project here will hopefully shake loose one small lock that will open to the start of a path but believe me in the end the Children of Raxxla will be pivotal in the search for the end goal! Look to them and the IRH as well as a few other groups that will make themselves known to you, if they wish, to give you some information that will be very important in the future.

Being new, (not sure how new) are you prepared for this? You will need something with a nice jump range since you will need to get through some areas that are pretty sparse on stars. I would suggest a class A fully engineered FSD, a Guardian FSD booster (Hopefully you have unlocked the guardian stuff), and if you are going to synthesize "Jumponium", make sure you have all the materials you need for synthesis. If you plan on Neutron FSD overcharging, you will want AMFU(s) and maybe even Repair limpets.
This is not a journey you want to take lightly. ... but it is a journey you should take. @drew and the Elite Dangerous Lore Tour (extended) is about to head out there starting this next week. He described the preparation needed (but not how to unlock the Guardian FSD booster) on Thursday and should be on youtube soon. Search 'Elite Dangerous Lore Tour' on Youtube to find Drew Wagar's channel.
If you want to hitch a ride on one of the FCs heading out there (it will be months long) so you will have plenty of time to explore and sell UC on the FCs. Go to his discord to hook up with FC owners doing this tour (don't wait too long, they leave next week) -> https://discord.gg/DjAweP

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and encouragement guys! I've been playing almost 2 months now so I guess that makes me newish(?) I've watched enough ED youtube videos on exploration so I got the necessities, fully engineered FSD, FSD booster, fuel scoop, etc. along with some downgraded internals, I'm getting 50ly out of my Orca. I'm definitely new to the lore though and have been watching Drew's videos to get up to speed, which is how I first found out about Raxxla. I didn't know he was planning another tour so I will definitely check that out.

Thanks for the info and encouragement guys! I've been playing almost 2 months now so I guess that makes me newish(?) I've watched enough ED youtube videos on exploration so I got the necessities, fully engineered FSD, FSD booster, fuel scoop, etc. along with some downgraded internals, I'm getting 50ly out of my Orca. I'm definitely new to the lore though and have been watching Drew's videos to get up to speed, which is how I first found out about Raxxla. I didn't know he was planning another tour so I will definitely check that out.
I sent you a PM with additional info.

Maybe the BGS is settling... 🤞

Keep in mind though that at least part of that bump is from Fong Wang leaving so that is not a gain so much as a loan that will be taken back in a couple days WITH INTEREST. Still, we won't let that stop us we will keep spinning that wheel!

Last edited:
TDW Influence has jumped by 4.5% today!
1592657050756.png

I was doing Installation Assist combat and my SLF attacked an enemy ship that was too close to (stuck in) the installation. It gave me a bounty and the good guys (TDW) started firing on me. My SLF managed to kill one of the damaged TDW ships and it gave me a notoriety point. Now i am sitting in an Anarchy system waiting the two hours for my Notoriety to clear so I can pay off the bounty and clear my name.

FYI. it seems in these installation calls for assistance, enemy ships can sometimes spawn semi stuck in the installation structure. ... Oh well, lesson learned. I'll set my SLF to defend only when doing these in the future.

I am just trying to hit the INF +'s from many different types of sources.

We seem to own most of the floating installations so if you wait around one of them for like 5 minutes, they will ask for assistance and you can choose the option in the comms panel to assist The Dark Wheel... The Echo Communications one is the one not owned by us and that one does not benefit us no matter what you choose. If you choose the comms panel option to attack Echo Communications, then you get bounties and it slightly lowers TDW's security rating in the system. (I tried that one... sorry for a slight ding to TDW's security in the system). The multiple other installation stuff I did for TDW should have offset this, though - it claimed I raised the security, rep, and inf for TDW.

Would be interesting to know how many people are roughly supporting the cause and contribute with missions, bounty hunting etc.

Also trying to help, but real life prevents doing more than a couple of missions each day. But hey, when many people can contribute a little it's still better than nothing.
I've squeezed in a couple of hours today between tending my allotment and watching Tripods on DVD with the following results:
cargo delivery : 10 reps inf's
courier missions: 8 reps inf's
Also 2.8 mill trade profit from bringing cargo back from the mission targets and a tiny 42k bounty from the halfwit pirates that tried to stop me doing so.
When the ship is not full (e.g. courier missions) I've been filling up with cargo from Meredith City but not sure if this contributes in any way.

I'm allied with most of the factions in the surrounding area (& trader elite / founder) but haven't had a mission to bring anything back to Merideth City to benefit the dark wheel which is unfortunate.

It's not much much but I enjoy doing missions in the limited time that I have available, and working for TDW feels like I can focus this on something worthwhile - almost like to olden days with CG's.

Keep at it cmdr's, we'll get there (y)

Last edited:
I've squeezed in a couple of hours today between tending my allotment and watching Tripods on DVD with the following results:
cargo delivery : 10 reps
courier missions: 8 reps
Also 2.8 mill trade profit from bringing cargo back from the mission targets and a tiny 42k bounty from the halfwit pirates that tried to stop me doing so.
When the ship is not full (e.g. courier missions) I've been filling up with cargo from Meredith City but not sure if this contributes in any way.

I'm allied with most of the factions in the surrounding area (& cargo elite / founder) but haven't had a mission to bring anything back to Merideth City to benefit the dark wheel which is unfortunate.

It's not much much but I enjoy doing missions in the limited time that I have available, and working for TDW feels like I can focus this on something worthwhile - almost like to olden days with CG's.

Keep at it cmdr's, we'll get there (y)
If you can find someplace close that has cheap military grade fabrics you can sell them at a good profit at Meridith station. I ran a bunch yesterday and was making around 3.2 million profit per Cutter load. (4,400 Cr/ton)

If you can find someplace close that has cheap military grade fabrics you can sell them at a good profit at Meridith station. I ran a bunch yesterday and was making around 3.2 million profit per Cutter load. (4,400 Cr/ton)
Nice work, cmdr!
I'm using a 186 cargo python so I can dock at outposts, with the main inf gained from the outward contract. The cutter is left at home as it was good when you can stack multiple cargo missions to big stations but with the number of smaller stations nearby it works out easier (& more fun) to do multiple trips.
There are a couple of mats that return a good profit - Mil grade fabrics seem to be excellent but it's also worth setting Merideth in the "compare" prices bit for some odd ones - Ultimately an empty hold is a crime so anything that turns a profit will do!

Made ~40inf and a few million in profits + bounties yesterday and Friday with a friend. What is the influence threshold to be ready for expansion, 70%?

Would be interesting to know who contributed how much to get some kind of a feeling what is needed for a specific inf progression. How about a Google form/table to collect some data? Guess many CMDRs would be willing to share.

Saw that as well, e.g. Gallun's Inheritance in Shinrarta had cheap ones (planetary base though).

Made ~40inf and a few million in profits + bounties yesterday and Friday with a friend. What is the influence threshold to be ready for expansion, 70%?

Would be interesting to know who contributed how much to get some kind of a feeling what is needed for a specific inf progression. How about a Google form/table to collect some data? Guess many CMDRs would be willing to share.

Saw that as well, e.g. Gallun's Inheritance in Shinrarta had cheap ones (planetary base though).
Sosong has military grade fabrics selling for around 650cr at Dzhanibekov station, plus it has large pads. I think it's about 27 ly away from LHS 926.

Last edited:
Top Bottom