OK guys, Sorry I did not respond yesterday but I had a full workday then came home to record our weekly episode of the podcast. So to answer the questions of why didnt we go into expansion when we hit 75%; the answer is that the FC patch of 2 weeks ago introduced a now bug/feature (only time will tell) that makes it where when you pass 75% you no longer go directly into "pending expansion" but must now wait an additional tick. So that is why we did not go pending yesterday. On today's tick we did go pending expansion exactly as predicted. Now we start the process of waiting and doing background work to shape both 926 for future stability as well as hopefully where we land when we expand. Our best guess based on models will be that it will be somewhere between July 6th thru 8th so lets just split the difference and predict July 7th with a +/- margin. Will have more info for you soon but just wanted to thank all of you so much for your hard work. This is the FIRST OF MANY upcoming historic first's for TDW as we expand them across the bubble in search for the answers to the greatest mystery in video game history!

Now you've got about 12 days to take any actions you want to take to try to direct the expansion in a favourable direction. It is absolutely essential that these actions are fully coordinated on a single plan or you could end up working against yourselves, so you will need to trust your leadership - however that is structured for you - to select a suitable target and develop the appropriate plan.

You will also pay about 15% of your LFT 926 influence to complete the expansion. It's probably worth maintaining influence there at a fairly high level, in case the expansion ends up going the wrong way and you want to try again from there. But you don't need to worry about keeping it over 75% or increasing it further.
That's pretty much what I figured. I'll wait for the group to come to a consensus as to which system to target and then put my efforts in that direction. Hopefully, I can shake some of the dust off my Corvette.

TAKEN FROM THE #STANDING-ORDERS CHANNEL ON ELITE WEEK DISCORD: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Orders 27-28 June 3306
📢 ----THESE ORDERS WILL BE IN EFFECT FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS AS WE AWAIT EXPANSION ---

Congratulations all supporters of The Dark Wheel project. Today we have made history, gaining an expansion from LFT 926 and escaping the "BGS locked" region. We should arrive in our destination on or around 7th July. We do have a target in mind but have a certain level of prep work to do to ensure we get there. Rabid Hamsters will be assigned these tasks.

We can continue work to benefit our faction by work in Shinrarta Dezhra and by moving Collective of Independent Agents into second place in LFT 926.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926. hand in only TDW bounty vouchers into any station in Shinrarta Dezhra.
  • Scenarios at installations or megaships in LFT 926 generate TDW bounties that can be handed in to any station in Shinrarta Dezhra.
  • Bounty Hunting for CIA should be available in LHS 2429, Marditj, V857 Centauri or one of their other controlled systems. Hand in to Meredith in LFT 926.

Commodity Trading
- Run profitable trades to TDWs planetary ports in Shinrarta Dezhra 'Neumann Camp' and 'Puleston Arsenal'

Missions & Passengers
  • Lots of TDW missions in Shinrarta Dezhra
  • Missions for CIA in LFT 926

Exploration Data:
- sell at one of the TDW planetary ports in Shinrarta Dezhra (if you have access to SD)

To assist us with monitoring the expansion, please fly around the local systems with EDMC or similar tools active. This feeds data to the third party sites which then update the tools we use.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Message #📡🔸standing-orders

END OF TRANSMISSION. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you would like access to the #Standing-Orders channel directly or any of the many other channels on the Elite Week Discord including the #Looking-for-Wing channel where you can make plans to run missions for TDW with other commanders on your platform feel free to join the fun at: https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Last edited:
Copy from what I posted on the CIA discord:
Thank you CIA for giving us the opportunity to push The Dark Wheel into expansion in LFT 926. The Dark Wheel will never forget the gracious diplomacy you offered us in such a critical time in our endeavors. If you are ever in need of assistance, please reach out to us. ... Again, thank you!

Is there any system we should be looking at to push a NP faction into retreat? I am ready and willing to do "dirty" work to get us where we need to go. I am quite fine with racking up notoriety of 10 and bounties on myself over 150 million credits without blinking an eye. I've done it before for TDW to get us past the Green Party. What's 150 million credits nowadays anyway.

Last edited:
  • Bounty Hunting for CIA should be available in LHS 2429, Marditj, V857 Centauri or one of their other controlled systems. Hand in to Meredith in LFT 926.

Further to this, LHS 336 has a hazres 380ls from the star. It's icy and well lit so you can see the asteroids easily. It also looks like it might not ever be in shadow. About 30ly from LFT 926.

Otherwise LHS 2441 has a hazres at the third gas giant, about 1800ls from the star. This is only about 23ly from LFT 926.

Gnowee still has non native factions in infrastructure failure.

Gnowee is in pretty poor shape. Of 8 minor factions, 1 is currently in- and 4 are recovering from "infrastructure failure." One is in "none" and 1 is in "bust" and "civil unrest," recovering from "blight." The other one not in IF is currently in "civil unrest." *

Wow, they need help (or a take-over) ;)
...and I need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the awful states of affairs!

Seriously, @Filthymick420, was your post hinting at something specific we should do there, or just a suggestion for a possible direction to-come?

* Looked up this info. on EDDB.

Gnowee is in pretty poor shape. Of 8 minor factions, 1 is currently in- and 4 are recovering from "infrastructure failure." One is in "none" and 1 is in "bust" and "civil unrest," recovering from "blight." The other one not in IF is currently in "civil unrest." *

Wow, they need help (or a take-over) ;)
...and I need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the awful states of affairs!

Seriously, @Filthymick420, was your post hinting at something specific we should do there, or just a suggestion for a possible direction to-come?

* Looked up this info. on EDDB.
A little bit of both i guess. Idk if they would be the best choice, it just seemed like a good candidate to try to work over. If anyone has better insight id be happy to listen. Just my thoughts on it

I returned to the game from a 3.5 year hiatus, and learned of Raxxla this week. A few things occur to me...
I postulate that the start of the journey starts in Shinrarta Dezhra. Because it requires elite.
"The original group was based in a disused starport orbiting the 8th moon of an unnamed gas giant"
Red herring? I observe that while it is not a starport, Neumann camp, a "dark wheel camp", is on the 8th moon of a gas giant. Coincidence?

I've heard that the current "The Dark Wheel" faction is a fake, but haven't seen the reasoning on this... Can someone point me at that?
Has anyone played with anagram solvers to see if anything makes sense in context of the game? Shinrarta Dezhra has too many anagrams for me to see anything obvious.

I returned to the game from a 3.5 year hiatus, and learned of Raxxla this week. A few things occur to me...
I postulate that the start of the journey starts in Shinrarta Dezhra. Because it requires elite.
"The original group was based in a disused starport orbiting the 8th moon of an unnamed gas giant"
Red herring? I observe that while it is not a starport, Neumann camp, a "dark wheel camp", is on the 8th moon of a gas giant. Coincidence?

I've heard that the current "The Dark Wheel" faction is a fake, but haven't seen the reasoning on this... Can someone point me at that?
Has anyone played with anagram solvers to see if anything makes sense in context of the game? Shinrarta Dezhra has too many anagrams for me to see anything obvious.
Come check out the IRH (Independent Raxxla Hunters) -> Many theories explored. Takes weeks to go through it all... but come join us - https://discord.gg/HtYfva

Shinrarta Dezhra has too many anagrams for me to see anything obvious.
Shinrarta Dezhra was named by a Kickstarter backer, and not with the intent of having anagrams. It's possible that Frontier spotted a good anagram anyway, and managed to backfill it into the plot, but it seems unlikely.

A little bit of both i guess. Idk if they would be the best choice, it just seemed like a good candidate to try to work over. If anyone has better insight id be happy to listen. Just my thoughts on it
+ closer to Sol by a decent margin
- with eight current factions one would need to retreat for even an invasion to be possible, two for a normal expansion
+ low population for an easy takeover
- high passing traffic will be hard to overcome, though
+ not in a powerplay bubble so no interference there
- controlling PMF may oppose takeover (they appear to only be a small group, so probably not successfully, but there might be wider diplomatic consequences for the project)

Have we decided what we need to do during this time of Pending expansion? Do we need to be preparing a system for us to expand into?
I looked and CIA is in a pending state of Elections with Green Party. Their influenced is locked today so not much can be done to help them till tomorrow.
I would feel sorry for The Green Party except they are non-player.... but we have really destroyed them. They are native to LFT 926 so they will not retreat.

So if you check into the lore of the game there are specific quotes (one by Felicity Farseer) who comments that whenever "Pretenders" trade on The Dark Wheel name they end up being mysteriously and quickly silenced... She offers this as proof of the existence of TDW.

"Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're out there. Think about how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trading on their reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I know." - Felicity Farseer, (Taken directly from the codex entry on The Dark wheel)

So this entry would seem to indicate to me that either 1. This iteration of TDW is in some way affiliated with the "Real" TDW operators; 2. This iteration of TDW has been deemed to be useful as a front/red herring by the "Real" TDW operators. Or 3. This iteration of TDW has flown under the radar to date but as they continue to expand and become more well known they will eventually trigger some interaction when the "Real" TDW operators turn up to crush them.

Opinions may very on this matter, my personal belief is that TDW as we know them now in Shindez and LFT 926 are already of sufficient high profile that they would have been removed as Felicity posits years ago so option 1 or 2 are more likely but an argument could be made for option 3 and that would also be exciting to see from a player prospective.

So if you check into the lore of the game there are specific quotes (one by Felicity Farseer) who comments that whenever "Pretenders" trade on The Dark Wheel name they end up being mysteriously and quickly silenced... She offers this as proof of the existence of TDW.

"Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're out there. Think about how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trading on their reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I know." - Felicity Farseer, (Taken directly from the codex entry on The Dark wheel)

So this entry would seem to indicate to me that either 1. This iteration of TDW is in some way affiliated with the "Real" TDW operators; 2. This iteration of TDW has been deemed to be useful as a front/red herring by the "Real" TDW operators. Or 3. This iteration of TDW has flown under the radar to date but as they continue to expand and become more well known they will eventually trigger some interaction when the "Real" TDW operators turn up to crush them.

Opinions may very on this matter, my personal belief is that TDW as we know them now in Shindez and LFT 926 are already of sufficient high profile that they would have been removed as Felicity posits years ago so option 1 or 2 are more likely but an argument could be made for option 3 and that would also be exciting to see from a player prospective.
Really curious what'll happen. As FDev mentioned our little endeavour and reacted to it with a big smile in one of their live streams, I'm quite positive that at least something will happen at some point (when we manage to get it to that point, but I have not doubt we will).

Top Bottom