I thought Drew stated on his livestream he still had control over the Alyssia Verdi account and on this thread he confirmed he knows nothing of fdev plans.

Alyssia has joined in this community goal to see if anything happens, just like the rest of us. Any messages in game are for RP only.

Oh, and Drew answered in the Raxxla thread a while ago to say that Salome was not Elite. Yet she may have joined the Dark Wheel so that Elite requirement (which isnt actually mentioned in ED afaik may not be as strict as it appears)

I thought Drew stated on his livestream he still had control over the Alyssia Verdi account and on this thread he confirmed he knows nothing of fdev plans.

Alyssia has joined in this community goal to see if anything happens, just like the rest of us. Any messages in game are for RP only.

Oh, and Drew answered in the Raxxla thread a while ago to say that Salome was not Elite. Yet she may have joined the Dark Wheel so that Elite requirement (which isnt actually mentioned in ED afaik may not be as strict as it appears)
I don't recall Drew actually saying that he controlled Alessia Verdi, just pointing out that she was still around. I could be mistaken, of course.

If Drew and/or Drewsson do control Alessia, I would hope that he/they would have the good manners not to add confusion or distractions that may affect the Turning The Wheel project.

i was just going to let them have fun with it

I don't recall Drew actually saying that he controlled Alessia Verdi, just pointing out that she was still around. I could be mistaken, of course.
To me it's fairly implicit in his post that he does.
If Drew and/or Drewsson do control Alessia, I would hope that he/they would have the good manners not to add confusion or distractions that may affect the Turning The Wheel project.
Indeed, which is why I suggested asking him, and may well be why he replied!

o7
Having followed Alessia on her trip yesterday evening and had a nice conversation in system chat, I joined the discord server, which led me to this thread. After a long night and now half a day reading all these 62 pages, I am now in line with what is going on "turning the wheel". I very much appreciate all this and want to thank all the people who got this rolling. Loving the lore of Elite since 1984 and having followed Drews lore tour lately I am also now in. Cu in space.

A thought occurs, what if / when we succeed we get 2 messages...one from the Dark Wheel.
And one from The Club

Wow, we can't believe you did that for us! Never in our wildest dreams did we hope to push our own Dark Wheel facade that far. We now control everything. The real Dark Wheel don't have a chance now. Thank you so much! Assassins are now on the way to remove any evidence.

shouting down the companionway: Steph, get a wiggle on and your *** into the fighter. Business incoming.
cracking fingers
COVAS:
Hardpoints deployed. Fighter is ready to launch.
to myself: ok, let's roll.

Does that mean she came online in Nuenets, jumped to Anyanwu and then took the noted route from 20:35 onwards?
Yes, I spotted the "is online" Caption on my Message window just before I posted (so just prior to 20:33), then checked every couple of minutes updating the post with the declared location on the galaxy map (& in game clock). I made the final update when I got the "gone offline" caption, so you have an accurate reflection of location at specific time points, but does not reflect actual arrival/departure times, or any additional transits. If I spot again, I'll create another post and if I'm still hopping the fleet carrier back to the bubble I'll check more often for a more accurate profile.

I expect that if it is true that Salomé joined TDW, the conditions of her membership would likely have been different than those for you or I due to her standing/position in the Galactic goings-on.

I also believe it's possible that something like @Cmdr Thomasov mentioned as the individual journey is true.
Isn't it that the breadcrumbs for Raxxla will only drop if you're triple Elite and a DW ally? That's the journey every commander has to go through? That's why we should all turn the wheel, not becuase it will trigger a galaxy wide event, but it is the only way we can each, individually, put ourselves in a position to start on the trail?

It's neat, and makes some sense so it's natural to be drawn towards that feeling. Whether it turns out to be the case or not is yet to be revealed.

All just speculation, and my interpretations of course. It's pretty cool to see little things in the lore showing up, and CMDRs talking about it in response to what we're doing. That makes this experiment more fun. I would be pretty happy to run into Allessia Verdi during my travels in this galactic neighborhood...
...and to any of you CMDRs as well (as I have said before) to greet you in-game..

Nice of you to check in on us during your holiday @drew! Enjoy it; I'm certain that the break is well deserved.

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 30-31 July 3306

We are reaching the end of the conflicts in Anyanwu and HR 4979. One more day for the major conflicts and a good start made on the minor one.
Orders remain the same, but focus more on TDW than on the other factions.

Continue with work for TDW in Anyanwu, assist LHS 346 Democrats in their election. Now 3-0 up.
Aegilips Co are also needing a bit of support to end their election as well. 1-0 today.

Over in HR 4979 we have elections for The Dark Wheel to resolve. Today we are 3-0

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926 or the new rez sites in Anyanwu. Hand in to Anyanwu or Shinrarta
  • Bounty hunting at the compromised Nav beacon in Anyanwu is also good.
  • Scenarios in LFT 926 still work but are a lesser priority.

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Delbruck Outpost in Anyanwu. This helps TDW.
  • Profitable trades into Bunsen Base in Anyanwu. This helps LHS 346 Democrats win their election.
  • Profitable trades into Meredith in LFT 926 or our ground stations in Shinrarta. (lesser priority)

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW and LHS 346 Democrats and Aegilips Co in Anyanwu
  • Missions in HR 4979 for The Dark Wheel

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Delbruck Outpost in Anyanwu.
  • Carto to Bunsen Base also helps LHS 346 Democrats (low priority)

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

No Special orders today.

A little BGS discussion on our progress over the last little while.

The expansion into HR 4979 went pretty much as planned. I had hoped we might avoid a conflict straight after our invasion but we did not rise quite high enough to skip over all the other factions at the end of our invasion conflict. No matter, this system is not our current main focus anyway so a small side brawl doesn't affect overall progress.

Anyanwu however is another story.

We won our war against LHS 346 Democrats in minimum time (4-0, go Us!) but the result of that pushed them straight into conflict with Alliance of LTT 5419. This unfortunately ties up almost 40% of the available influence in system and giving TDW almost no room to move. Squeezing the system for every drop of Jane Turner's available wine, we also pushed two other factions into conflict at barely above the minimal conflict threshold. We really do need to get those conflicts ended ASAP to free up some influence for us to progress any further.
Today, LHS 346 Democrats are winning 3-0, so we expect the major conflict should end at next tick. TDW should grab a good chunk of any influence freed up. If we are a bit careful from then on, we can avoid any further conflicts and push our influence towards expansion.

This whole mess is not exactly a disaster, but it is a speed trap we could possibly have avoided.

TDW will now likely alternate expansion attempts between pushing towards Sol (and by extension, LFT 509), and the path to Lave. If we find a window of time between these options, we may expand to an "empty" system just to increase our presence heading towards Kai's goal of 50 systems.
Note that at a minimum, an expansion cycle is approx 2 weeks, so you can only get roughly 26 done in any calendar year. We might be spinning the wheel for quite some time!

No Special orders today.

A little BGS discussion on our progress over the last little while.

The expansion into HR 4979 went pretty much as planned. I had hoped we might avoid a conflict straight after our invasion but we did not rise quite high enough to skip over all the other factions at the end of our invasion conflict. No matter, this system is not our current main focus anyway so a small side brawl doesn't affect overall progress.

Anyanwu however is another story.

We won our war against LHS 346 Democrats in minimum time (4-0, go Us!) but the result of that pushed them straight into conflict with Alliance of LTT 5419. This unfortunately ties up almost 40% of the available influence in system and giving TDW almost no room to move. Squeezing the system for every drop of Jane Turner's available wine, we also pushed two other factions into conflict at barely above the minimal conflict threshold. We really do need to get those conflicts ended ASAP to free up some influence for us to progress any further.
Today, LHS 346 Democrats are winning 3-0, so we expect the major conflict should end at next tick. TDW should grab a good chunk of any influence freed up. If we are a bit careful from then on, we can avoid any further conflicts and push our influence towards expansion.

This whole mess is not exactly a disaster, but it is a speed trap we could possibly have avoided.

TDW will now likely alternate expansion attempts between pushing towards Sol (and by extension, LFT 509), and the path to Lave. If we find a window of time between these options, we may expand to an "empty" system just to increase our presence heading towards Kai's goal of 50 systems.
Note that at a minimum, an expansion cycle is approx 2 weeks, so you can only get roughly 26 done in any calendar year. We might be spinning the wheel for quite some time!
50 systems, that's mighty optimistic, I would suggest that over time people will start to lose interest after we reach sol/LFT 509 and Lave but if there's one thing I've learnt from the Elite community it's that we are persistent, dedicated and commited, Operation Ida are proof of that. Can't speak for everyone but I'm in this until the bitter end I just hope it's more sweet than bitter

I remember getting pretty stoked about this when the announcement was made but unfortunately forgot about it again til yesterday. What I particularly like about this project is its inclusivity compared to the standard/official CG, allowing for even the most harmless Sidewinder pilot to have a meaningful impact. So, to all involved, a BIG FAT THANK YOU! Barring any Thargoid incursion this shall be my main activity for the foreseeable future.
I'm running missions in Anyanwu atm, once my Challenger is fully engineered i will add CZs and HazRes into the mix.

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
Orders 31 July - 1 Aug 3306

One of the elections in Anyanwu has ended, freeing up lots of influence. TDW grabbed ~7% today.
The Dark Wheel also won our election in HR 4979 so have a clear path to push to take over the system.

Work for The Dark Wheel in both systems.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926 or Anyanwu. Hand in to Anyanwu and HR 4979
  • Bounty hunting at the compromised Nav beacon in Anyanwu is also good.

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Delbruck Outpost in Anyanwu. This helps TDW.
  • Profitable trades into Meredith in LFT 926 or our ground stations in Shinrarta. (lesser priority)

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in Anyanwu
  • Missions in HR 4979 for The Dark Wheel

Exploration Data:
- Hand in to Delbruck Outpost in Anyanwu.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Is Alessia Verdi's reappearance genuine or is it someone having a laugh at our expense, my brother just told me that he heard on a podcast(he can't remember which one) that it's someone messing with us, he has no reason to to lie to me as he's just as much involved and commited to Turning the wheel as I am and I've done nothing else in game since LFT 926

Top Bottom