Is Alessia Verdi's reappearance genuine or is it someone having a laugh at our expense, my brother just told me that he heard on a podcast(he can't remember which one) that it's someone messing with us, he has no reason to to lie to me as he's just as much involved and commited to Turning the wheel as I am and I've done nothing else in game since LFT 926
If he gives no source, I wouldn't count it. No offense.

Is Alessia Verdi's reappearance genuine or is it someone having a laugh at our expense, my brother just told me that he heard on a podcast(he can't remember which one) that it's someone messing with us, he has no reason to to lie to me as he's just as much involved and commited to Turning the wheel as I am and I've done nothing else in game since LFT 926

Even if they're laughing, it's not at our expense unless we allow it to be. Whether genuine or not, does it matter? Distraction attempts are only successful if one becomes distracted by them. Listening in order to reassess your goal/effort is not distraction, it is useful.

I don't think anyone can 'fake' Alessia Verdi's appearance in-game so it must have been as genuine as that makes it. Motive is another aspect that we can only make suppositions about with no other tangible indicators. To some extent that makes me ask- why bother? There are more useful things to occupy the mind; more useful things to exert effort on.
These things are inevitable...

I suspect that there are more folks watching and participating than there are laughing. If I'm mistaken, that by itself doesn't matter either.

All my opinion, of course.

One thing we all know for certain is that doing nothing assures that nothing happens, that nothing progresses; that nothing is learned. Others can laugh at effort but at least we will learn something - and have fun along the way. :cool:

Cheers, CMDRs!

Even if they're laughing, it's not at our expense unless we allow it to be. Whether genuine or not, does it matter? Distraction attempts are only successful if one becomes distracted by them. Listening in order to reassess your goal/effort is not distraction, it is useful.

I don't think anyone can 'fake' Alessia Verdi's appearance in-game so it must have been as genuine as that makes it. Motive is another aspect that we can only make suppositions about with no other tangible indicators. To some extent that makes me ask- why bother? There are more useful things to occupy the mind; more useful things to exert effort on.
These things are inevitable...

I suspect that there are more folks watching and participating than there are laughing. If I'm mistaken, that by itself doesn't matter either.

All my opinion, of course.

One thing we all know for certain is that doing nothing assures that nothing happens, that nothing progresses; that nothing is learned. Others can laugh at effort but at least we will learn something - and have fun along the way. :cool:

Cheers, CMDRs!
I'm not distracted by it, I'm 100% focused on the tasks at hand, I was just curious and wanted to know if I should just be ignoring the account or be paying at least a little attention in case some kind of breadcrumb is dropped

I have no personal experience one way or another (and in any case have my hands full with keeping headcrabs off my face right now), but I'd suggest you head over to the EW/TDW Discord (invitation link at the bottom of the first post of this thread), where we have a dedicated channel for Alessia Verdi sightings (chat in the dark-wheel-text channel).

I have no personal experience one way or another (and in any case have my hands full with keeping headcrabs off my face right now), but I'd suggest you head over to the EW/TDW Discord (invitation link at the bottom of the first post of this thread), where we have a dedicated channel for Alessia Verdi sightings (chat in the dark-wheel-text channel).
Already a member but get the daily orders from this platform as I find the discord a tad confusing, but thanks for the info I'll pop over and have a gander at the channel. Thanks

Alessia Verdi' s account is the same account from the Salome saga. So (my theory) it is probably Drew or someone he's connected to who is piloting. Both Drew and Alessia are in the same squadron. And Alessia seems (from tracking her movements - I am a friend of her in game and also in the same squadron) she seems to be "Turning the Wheel". From the captured convos in games it seems that her goal is not to troll us but to actually turn the wheel.

Drew has always been about lore and role playing. Alessia is doing exactly that in a Role Playing sense.

...and wanted to know if I should just be ignoring the account or be paying at least a little attention in case some kind of breadcrumb is dropped

No doubt I was being a bit philosophical but this is a great question!
Either answer might be offered because I don't think we have enough info to offer one that's certain.
My feeling is that we shouldn't ignore it completely, rather take it in stride. A casual glance would probably reveal whether there was something worth investigating, especially since the lot of us represents a group of diverse eyes that will detect nuances worth investigating.

Stay curious, I say...

I think it's just Drew jumping in to the character to give us a bit of encouragement and roleplaying along with us, nothing more or less than that.
He's a good guy who cares about the lore of this game and AFAIK is no longer writing for FD, so he's and probably as interested in what will happen as we are!

We are seeing fantastic gains now that INF isn't locked in Anyanwu and we are about to start our campaign of dual expansions one currently based in Anyanwu heading towards first Sol and then LFT 509 and the other Currently in HR 4979 heading toward Lave. We are attempting to maximize our efficiency in both our efforts to get to the target systems as well as our efforts to expand the overal number of systems which have a TDW presence before Odyssey drops in January!

Also just as a heads up for any interested Elite Week (the Friday night weekly Elite Dangerous party / talk show) starts in just under 2 hours so grab an adult beverage and stop on by to hear our discussion of TDW project as well as all the other news of the week in Elite! This week with SPECIAL GUEST: GURU-951

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8FJIBTFjQ
This is a must watch. Guru-951 is an OG Raxxla Hunter. I always follow the things he says on Discord. This should be a good episode.

Sorry but I've met too many confidence tricksters in my time and haven't yet met a genuinely reformed one. Just ones that have fooled a new set of people who then defend them versus the old set who got screwed over. And a lot of the players doing this may not or apparently know little history of Raxxla so would be a real shame if they got conned by someone, being aware they can make their own decisions about who to trust and who to believe.

The way to test if genuinely reformed is to question, if the persons defence is to attack, they're still full of it. Watch the video apology and decide for yourself.

I understand. I would not follow what Guru says blindly ... or anyone. I do like some his theories, though. Combined with some of my own tinfoil hat thoughts, they open up avenues I would not have thought to check. I find most of what is said on the forums/reddit/discord to be expansive to my own thoughts more than something to be blanketly accepted as truth or facts.

I guess the key is to use discretion in games as you would in real life.

Sorry but I've met too many confidence tricksters in my time and haven't yet met a genuinely reformed one. Just ones that have fooled a new set of people who then defend them versus the old set who got screwed over. And a lot of the players doing this may not or apparently know little history of Raxxla so would be a real shame if they got conned by someone, being aware they can make their own decisions about who to trust and who to believe.

The way to test if genuinely reformed is to question, if the persons defence is to attack, they're still full of it. Watch the video apology and decide for yourself.
You can't really blame him.

I think he caught a bit of the space crazies back when we went to the Formidine Rift.

Top Bottom