Some people I avoid like the plague. Not JUST because they are untrustworthy, but also because of rudeness, arrogance and superiority complexes. I judge people as I find them and how they treat me. Not by how many followers they have. Unfortunately I find some people insufferable. This will be the first Elite Week I've missed since we started turning the wheel (which is when I first heard of it).

Last edited:
People still think I'm trying to start a video game space cult and that my apology wasn't honest?
C'mon now. For the record Havvk, I went nuts far before the rift, and remember, you cannot find Raxxla unless you go far and go a little nuts, at least according to the lore.
And they say crazy like it's a bad thing? This whole process and experience on this quest and the attempt by a few to gaslight an individual they disagree with has only strengthened my resolve to embrace what they perceive as my weakness, and prove to people like them (And to people like me) that it is and has always been my strongest trait.
And I will succeed, because I have data and evidence, and lots of it, to support my claims when conveying my ideas.
I never ask anyone to follow, like, or sub to my channel, and never will.
I'm only in it to create art, share ideas, clear my head and hopefully inspire others to ignore the naysayers of their ideas, theories, experiences and efforts and hopefully enhance their experience in game. Just trying to blaze that trail. To mould and shape the galaxy around me. To move and shake things up.
But this is an impossible task without strong evidence and lots of research.
You're not the only smart ones around, there are many cmdr's smarter than you and I, and many of those follow my channel on their own regard.
You may disagree with me and them, but that doesn't mean we're all wrong and lack the ability to critically think.

More than anything I'm bummed that this reflected negatively on Elite Week, even if it was to just 1-2 people.

Best of luck on your quests.
o7

Last edited:
I was never gonna convince you otherwise, and tbh, it's not a concern of mine.
I have no desire to win you over. And I respect your decision to shut my ideas out. But c'mon, the words you used were a bit brash.
The name may be Guru, but it doesn't mean I'm a pushover.
What am I supposed to do, not say anything in return? Or did I just return it wrong?
I think the biggest thing is the supposed Con I may be perpetrating on people.
What would be my aim? Fame? Control? Selfishness?
I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to at least a little bit of ego involved in this whole thing.
If you wrote a book would you not be excited to find people actually enjoyed your read, and maybe even recognized your name?
That aspect, though definitely fun, is not the point of what I'm doing with my content, which is heavily laden with disclaimers to encourage people to do their own research.

I'm excited to see where the Turning the Wheel initiative goes and what it achieves.
It's an impressive feat of moving and shaking.
#Turnthewheel

People still think I'm trying to start a video game space cult and that my apology wasn't honest?
C'mon now. For the record Havvk, I went nuts far before the rift, and remember, you cannot find Raxxla unless you go far and go a little nuts, at least according to the lore.
And they say crazy like it's a bad thing? This whole process and experience on this quest and the attempt by a few to gaslight an individual they disagree with has only strengthened my resolve to embrace what they perceive as my weakness, and prove to people like them (And to people like me) that it is and has always been my strongest trait.
And I will succeed, because I have data and evidence, and lots of it, to support my claims when conveying my ideas.
I never ask anyone to follow, like, or sub to my channel, and never will.
I'm only in it to create art, share ideas, clear my head and hopefully inspire others to ignore the naysayers of their ideas, theories, experiences and efforts and hopefully enhance their experience in game. Just trying to blaze that trail. To mould and shape the galaxy around me. To move and shake things up.
But this is an impossible task without strong evidence and lots of research.
You're not the only smart ones around, there are many cmdr's smarter than you and I, and many of those follow my channel on their own regard.
You may disagree with me and them, but that doesn't mean we're all wrong and lack the ability to critically think.

More than anything I'm bummed that this reflected negatively on Elite Week, even if it was to just 1-2 people.

Best of luck on your quests.
o7
I'm really sorry. I was going to leave it. I know I should leave it, but, I have to ask....

Based on the assertion that "because I have data and evidence, and lots of it, to support my claims when conveying my ideas" then given the statement "You're not the only smart ones around, there are many cmdr's smarter than you and I, and many of those follow my channel on their own regard." ...I was just wondering what metric we are using to asses peoples intelligence?

Is it IQ, profession, academic qualifications, how good we are at a computer game, how many likes we have on a forum or some other marker?

If its IQ, then which methodology are we using to determine? The last IQ test I took, I scored 142, which means I'm "technically" a genius. But this may not be true with other methodologies.

If we are using academic qualifications, however, I have none above GCSE, which puts me at about the bottom of the pile.

If its profession, then I'm regarded as senior enough in my chosen field that I have had a number of books published on the topic.

But if it's how good we are at a computer game, I'm man enough to admit that despite loving Elite, I suck. I have 34 weeks in game and I'm only double Elite, without enough credits to buy an FC.

If it's some other marker, I would be interested to know. Emotional intelligence perhaps?

I'm just curious to know where I sit on your "smart scale"?

We've all got egos, and that's not a bad thing. That's a good thing; it's what pushes us to work hard as we strive to make a name for ourselves.
Only problem is, there's not enough room in the history books for EVERYONE, and combine that with how high the bar is set, there's truth to my quote:

"Where excellence is mediocre, and anything less isn't even worth talking about."

Last edited:
I was never gonna convince you otherwise, and tbh, it's not a concern of mine.
I have no desire to win you over. And I respect your decision to shut my ideas out. But c'mon, the words you used were a bit brash.
The name may be Guru, but it doesn't mean I'm a pushover.
What am I supposed to do, not say anything in return? Or did I just return it wrong?
I think the biggest thing is the supposed Con I may be perpetrating on people.
What would be my aim? Fame? Control? Selfishness?
I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to at least a little bit of ego involved in this whole thing.
If you wrote a book would you not be excited to find people actually enjoyed your read, and maybe even recognized your name?
That aspect, though definitely fun, is not the point of what I'm doing with my content, which is heavily laden with disclaimers to encourage people to do their own research.

I'm excited to see where the Turning the Wheel initiative goes and what it achieves.
It's an impressive feat of moving and shaking.
#Turnthewheel
"If you wrote a book would you not be excited to find people actually enjoyed your read, and maybe even recognized your name?" I have, I'm working on my 9th at the moment, and I do get a buzz when others enjoy my work, yes. It's good to know that 4 hours a day, after a 10 hour day at work, for 6 months to a year depending on the length of the book are useful to people. You certainly dont get much financial reward.

However, my books are technical and I never close myself off to other peoples technical ideas, or tell them everything they have been working on and invested in is wrong, or just assume I am always right, just because I have sold more books than they have. Nor do I say things in my books that I know to be untrue, despite being, as Havwk so elegantly put it "a bit nuts" myself

Last edited:
I'm really sorry. I was going to leave it. I know I should leave it, but, I have to ask....

Based on the assertion that "because I have data and evidence, and lots of it, to support my claims when conveying my ideas" then given the statement "You're not the only smart ones around, there are many cmdr's smarter than you and I, and many of those follow my channel on their own regard." ...I was just wondering what metric we are using to asses peoples intelligence?

Is it IQ, profession, academic qualifications, how good we are at a computer game, how many likes we have on a forum or some other marker?

If its IQ, then which methodology are we using to determine? The last IQ test I took, I scored 142, which means I'm "technically" a genius. But this may not be true with other methodologies.

If we are using academic qualifications, however, I have none above GCSE, which puts me at about the bottom of the pile.

If its profession, then I'm regarded as senior enough in my chosen field that I have had a number of books published on the topic.

But if it's how good we are at a computer game, I'm man enough to admit that despite loving Elite, I suck. I have 34 weeks in game and I'm only double Elite, without enough credits to buy an FC.

If it's some other marker, I would be interested to know. Emotional intelligence perhaps?

I'm just curious to know where I sit on your "smart scale"?
Oh, Pete, that scale's easy. I myself only have a GED (The good enough diploma) and about a half a year of college. I suppose I mean in technical ability within the Elite galaxy such as the people involved in cracking the unknown link, the lore keepers and the people who know triangulation (all of which are beyond my ability), and general tin-foiling. You yourself outsmart me by vast amounts. I can't remember the last time I did an IQ check, and can't remember my last score. I suppose I respect most the ability to think outside the box, as it is the foundation of my personal approach.
And by this I just mean not being locked into the canon vs non-canon, as I think sticking to the "official" content may cause loss of vision.
I like people who do this, and luckily there are many of them.
But in my opinion emotional intelligence is also a top tier intelligence.
I do not know a single thing about you and your approach or your achievements beyond what you just told me, my only gripe is your approach to letting people know your opinions of me in a semi slandering approach. Do you really think Psyral doesn't know my history? I'm not saying your approach was the worst.
But you can still tell people someone sucks without being rude about it, that's my only gripe.
I may be many things, but I just can't respect slander. I've dealt with it too much Pete and I refuse to brand a big H for hoaxer on my forehead to prove my worth and my history to every new comer to my channel. It's already there, on my channel, front page.

Published author, that's awesome! Well done. Just trying my hand at writing with this video series. I'm using it as training wheels for an actual book.

Last edited:
I know nobody asked me, but I've got a Bachelor's degree (even considering school as a concept makes waterboarding look like a water PARK in comparison), been playing lots of games since the '90s (when I was a cute little Powerpuff Boy), didn't officially get my IQ measured, and the only reason I'm 1/4 Elites in Elite Dangerous is because I'm so new and this game is a black hole grade time-sink (incidentally perfect for a pandemic). I've tried to independently make a comic book, which had some limited success (but not enough to get out of the red). And somehow I'm still unemployable and a sad bachelor, despite all that I've been through.

I've had slander before...it's an ugly scar. In the day of the Internet, nothing can be undone, and no mistake can ever be properly erased. Maybe that's why The Dark Wheel is in hiding...they can't face the scars of infamous past, or something.

Oh, Pete, that scales easy. I myself only have a GED (The good enough diploma) and about a half a year of college. I suppose I mean in technical ability within the Elite galaxy such as the people involved in cracking the unknown link, the lore keepers and the people who know triangulation (all of which are beyond my ability), and general tin-foiling. You yourself outsmart me by vast amounts. I can't remember the last time I did an IQ check, and can't remember my last score. I suppose I respect most the ability to think outside the box, as it is the foundation of my personal approach.
And by this I just mean not being locked into the canon vs non-canon, as I think sticking to the "official" content may cause loss of vision.
I like people who do this, and luckily there are many of them.
But in my opinion emotional intelligence is also a top tier intelligence.
I do not know a single thing about you and your approach or your achievements beyond what you just told me, my only gripe is your approach to letting people know your opinions of me in a semi slandering approach. Do you really think Psyral doesn't know my history? I'm not saying your approach was the worst.
But you can still tell people someone sucks without being rude about it, that's my only gripe.
I may be many things, but I just can't respect slander. I've deal with it too much Pete and I refuse to brand a big H for hoaxer on my forehead to prove my worth and my history to every new comer to my channel. It's already there, on my channel, front page.

Published author, that's awesome! Well done. Just trying my hand at writing with this video series. I'm using it as training wheels for an actual book.
The hoax was actually before my time on the forums. My sentiments come purely from our interactions on the forums, and as I said, I judge people on how I find them myself. Therefore I dont believe anything I said was slanderous. To be slander it needs to be untrue, and what I said is truly how I believe you have treated me on the forums - with contempt.

Having said that, frankly, I dont know you from Adam, and I'm sure in real life your a good guy. That's the thing with emotional intelligence - All I can say, is that I too value that highly, however, it's easy to loose context in the virtual space.

Regarding your writing endeavors, I not only wish you the best of luck, but if you ping me on direct message I would be more than happy to offer any assistance or advise I can. It's a hard, thankless, underpaid work, but also a very rewarding endeavor. I will never forget holding a hard copy of my first book for the first time.

Damn. I never even knew I did that. It was never intended.
I know I'm guilty of being big headed at times and a bit of a know it all. I imagine it may be related to this.
Its something I'm working on. It's hard.
I just get too excited. Ever see a small dog get crazy happy over seeing their owners after a day of work?
My brain does that when I feel I'm onto something, and this leads to me not thinking very clearly.
"THE WORLD MUST KNOW THIS THING" It's overwhelming.
I've tamed it quite a bit, but it's still there.
Thanks for the offer.
The words you used to describe holding that book...
I saw that and felt it in my mind. Very motivational.

Here's my virtual handshake.

I'm glad we got to talk.

Damn. I never even knew I did that. It was never intended.
I know I'm guilty of being big headed at times and a bit of a know it all. I imagine it may be related to this.
Its something I'm working on. It's hard.
I just get too excited. Ever see a small dog get crazy happy over seeing their owners after a day of work?
My brain does that when I feel I'm onto something, and this leads to me not thinking very clearly.
"THE WORLD MUST KNOW THIS THING" It's overwhelming.
I've tamed it quite a bit, but it's still there.
Thanks for the offer.
The words you used to describe holding that book...
I saw that and felt it in my mind. Very motivational.

Here's my virtual handshake.

I'm glad we got to talk.
Likewise. Clean slate from my side.

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
Orders 1 - 2 Aug 3306

Modest gains in Anyanwu. HR 4979 went quite well. Continue to work both systems as a priority.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926 or Anyanwu. Hand in to Anyanwu and HR 4979. (A little in LFT 926 is OK)
  • Bounty hunting at the compromised Nav beacon in Anyanwu is also good.

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Delbruck Outpost in Anyanwu. This helps TDW.
  • Profitable trades into Meredith in LFT 926 or our ground stations in Shinrarta. (lesser priority)

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in Anyanwu
  • Missions in HR 4979 for The Dark Wheel

Exploration Data:
- Hand in to Delbruck Outpost in Anyanwu.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Modest gains in Anyanwu

That was me! Selling Brown Dwarfs and Icy Bodies, thats why its only moderate, sorry everyone, will find Ammonia and ELW next time. (I know it wasnt just me btw :))

Bounty hunting at the compromised Nav beacon in Anyanwu is also good.

Ive got a day to kill and later today some new Pacifier Frags to test. Ill be in a Vulture at first, anybody on XB fancy forming a Vulture wing come join me (Vultures preferred but entirely optional) Ill be on 19.00ish IGT.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, who said it was dropping in January?
Did the devs say something? Or is this just a minimum target to shoot for?
We've covered the story on EliteWeek for like the past couple weeks man. My best guess is that Odyssey will drop around Jan 15th but we won't know for sure until we get closer to it as things could arise. But yeah listen to the interview I did with Frontier where we discuss it (que'd to relevant section):

Source: https://youtu.be/UiH0UUned4I?t=2954

Or listen to David Braben, OBE, himself on the Investor call with Amati Global Investors (que'd to relevant section):

Source: https://youtu.be/_UCif57fbrY?t=454

keep in mind that while I feel that Mr Braben, OBE is by nature an honest man I would further point out that even if this was a person that you were personally inclined to believe may be untrustworthy giving dishonest information in a recorded broadcast to your investors would be stupidly inviting lawsuits. So yeah when the man in charge says that they had to push back their release schedule because of a delay of 'probably only a small number of days on each end' on an initial release date of 'December 2020' I would expect an internal target date of say January 15th would allow for a prudent amount of built in leeway. Actually, by the description that Mr. Braben, OBE gives, if he were to behave as heartlessly as many other software developers and force his people to "Crunch mode" during the Christmas Holidays they would probably still release the product by the end of 2020. The obvious care that he personally and Frontier as a corporate entity have treated their staff with I feel is demonstrated here as something to be applauded and I'm fine waiting the extra handful of days for this. We at EliteWeek broke this story weeks ago and it seems that others are now catching on as well. Just this week Galnet News Digest ended the episode also predicting a January release. This is why we scour every available news source all week long to bring it to you so that you don't have to! ;)

Last edited:
Apologies to @CMDR Kai Zen and other dedicated wheel turners. This wasnt the place for a "Frank and earnest exchange of views".

Also apologise to @GURU-951 - with hindsight this conversation should have been in private, not public arena.
No apologies necessary on my part man. I'm quite happy that you guys were able to talk things over and come to a mutual understanding. It's a beautiful thing when that can happen!

We've covered the story on EliteWeek for like the past couple weeks man. My best guess is that Odyssey will drop around Jan 15th but we won't know for sure until we get closer to it as things could arise. But yeah listen to the interview I did with Frontier where we discuss it (que'd to relevant section):

Source: https://youtu.be/UiH0UUned4I?t=2954

Or listen to David Braben, OBE, himself on the Investor call with Amati Global Investors (que'd to relevant section):

Source: https://youtu.be/_UCif57fbrY?t=454

keep in mind that while I feel that Mr Braben, OBE is by nature an honest man I would further point out that even if this was a person that you were personally inclined to believe may be untrustworthy giving dishonest information in a recorded broadcast to your investors would be stupidly inviting lawsuits. So yeah when the man in charge says that they had to push back their release schedule because of a delay of 'probably only a small number of days on each end' on an initial release date of 'December 2020' I would expect an internal target date of say January 15th would allow for a prudent amount of built in leeway. Actually, by the description that Mr. Braben, OBE gives, if he were to behave as heartlessly as many other software developers and force his people to "Crunch mode" during the Christmas Holidays they would probably still release the product by the end of 2020. The obvious care that he personally and Frontier as a corporate entity have treated their staff with I feel is demonstrated here as something to be applauded and I'm fine waiting the extra handful of days for this. We at EliteWeek broke this story weeks ago and it seems that others are now catching on as well. Just this week Galnet News Digest ended the episode also predicting a January release. This is why we scour every available news source all week long to bring it to you so that you don't have to! ;)
Ah, all right. Gotha. (y) I wonder if that means we'll see a beta period around december though.:unsure:

But all that being said, I still want to stress that "things can change", and that the "window" of release is still between January and
March.

Ah, all right. Gotha. (y) I wonder if that means we'll see a beta period around december though.:unsure:

But all that being said, I still want to stress that "things can change", and that the "window" of release is still between January and
March.
They have to say that....otherwise they would have hundreds of thousands of CMDRs jumping on their heads and threatening to quite the game on 1st Feb if they slipped ;-)

Mr B also says in that interview I think that they aim to release around holidays usually hence the original Xmas 2020 date (December), obviously lockdown has been effectively an extended holiday, but my guess is more towards Easter.

We should have a sweepstake, winner gets no decal and zero paintjobs and very little forum kudos either.

Top Bottom