Just saying that that 1st line means we are now flagged on about a dozen National Intelligence computers all over the world.

And the 2nd means right now Cryptologists are trying to work out what LFT 926 is code for.

Given that my recent Google searches include chemical formula of Ammonia & maps of Cambridge and notable places I may be gone for some time explaining it all.
Ammonia? Come on, over in other threads we're discussing the best methods to collect Polonium and Technetium.

I have to say that Drew's stream today (Aug 13) was a pretty awesome validation, endorsement, whatever you like to call it of the player-driven initiative that this is. As I have said more than once, that's the coolest thing about this experiment. It's players stirring the sand in the sandbox!

@CMDR Kai Zen, @Cryptography , and all of the CMDRs involved: a pat on the back, a clink of the glass! 🍻

@CMDR Kai Zen: I think your invitation to Drew to be on a future show was met with an enthusiastic YES - that's pretty cool. This is an amazing community and I'm glad to have joined this initiative when I discovered it pretty early on. As Drew mentioned, it adds that certain Je ne sais quoi (pardon my French!) to the game when you're working together (and even more when you run into one another in-game).
In the past couple of days, I've run into CMDRs in the CZs in HR4979; this has made them more enjoyable and has made them more achievable. This particularly since I'm in a multi-purpose rig, not a purely combat-oriented one. The new RES we gained yesterday were very generous - 3M cr in short order.

@drew : I always enjoy your streams when I catch them - usually on replay. Today's was fun too. The wing mission was really entertaining and I have to agree that TDW was stingy with your REP reward!

Something I posted to the discord chat area that you may find useful:

Answers to some earlier questions: Yes you can kill a "Wanted" TDW ship. We take a slight hit from the ship loss, but a much bigger boost when you hand in the bounty.

Hand in other factions bounty vouchers at interstellar factors outside our space. You get reputation, but the influence value is nullified.

Trade in Tritium most likely has no effect on BGS, just like the high end mined materials.
Selling commodities to a carrier also has no effect. Buying and selling to stations with the carrier as a middleman can have trade related BGS effects. (either positive or negative depending on price and circumstance!)

Bounty vouchers and combat bonds handed in at a carrier are believed to have reduced effects, not nullified like at an interstellar factors. Be a bit careful there!

All activities, including trade, have diminishing returns. This is not a per-commander thing, rather a total of all work done in the system each day. Have a read of my post in #🔸❔faq about diminishing returns for an idea of how it works.
(Same post here on forums a few pages back) Edit - found it here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/turning-the-wheel.546088/post-8636700

Last edited:
Will be joining this initiative in person and will be streaming it for a few weeks whilst I work on other stuff. :)

Stream is in the usual Thursday slot right after the Frontier Stream.

http://twitch.tv/drewwagar Thursday 8pm UK (UTC+1)

Let's turn the wheel. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

I am going to watch the stream from last night now as I missed it! :(

It's good to have you with us Drew!

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
Orders 14 - 15 Aug 3306

Another decent gain in HR 4979. Perhaps one more day concentrating there will get us about where we need to be.
We have slipped a bit in Shinrarta. We are not (and cannot be) the controlling faction there but it would be nice to be higher influence again.

We are massaging the situation in Anyanwu.
CIA are now losing 1-2 in their election in LFT 926, so a bit more work for them is welcome. (we won the day)

Black Sky and Rabid Hamster groups have new orders today. Some low hanging fruit was picked over the last few days, and more will be taken today.

As usual please do not do any of the following activities as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems. You can hand these in to interstellar factors if you need the money.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to HR 4979 or Shinrarta
  • Bounty hunting at the compromised Nav beacon in Anyanwu is also good.

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Iqbal Hub in HR 4979
  • Profitable trades into TDW owned ground stations in Shinrarta

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for Collective of Independent Agents (CIA) in LFT 926.
  • Missions for TDW in HR 4979.
  • Missions for TDW in Shinrarta (lower priority)

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Iqbal Hub in HR 4979.
  • Hand in TDW ground stations in Shinrarta (lower priority)

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

I will, if time and the BGS situation allows, post a few special orders here for those who dont do Discord. They will be publicly viewable, so not quite the category of BGS delicacy that some of the two Legions are doing.

We are about 14 days from arriving in a new system, all things going well. Towards the end of that time we may have a rush of factions that need manipulation. We very nearly missed HR 4979 last time, but just got enough done on the very last opportunity to get where we wanted.

I will, if time and the BGS situation allows, post a few special orders here for those who dont do Discord. They will be publicly viewable, so not quite the category of BGS delicacy that some of the two Legions are doing.

We are about 14 days from arriving in a new system, all things going well. Towards the end of that time we may have a rush of factions that need manipulation. We very nearly missed HR 4979 last time, but just got enough done on the very last opportunity to get where we wanted.
That would be very much appreciated but understand if you can't as you guys are obviously busy. Enjoying being involved either way.

Hi. My FC, the Alexa Jones, in HR 4979 in orbit of A 5 B currently welcomes all. Even those who might be on Nuenets' bad side.
Attention: The Alexa Jones is scheduled to depart system in 15 minutes. Please conclude your business quickly or come along for the ride.

UPDATE: She has now departed. I hope her services were of use during the TDW/Nuenets war in HR 4979.

Last edited:
I understand that the following question may be difficult to answer to give all the different participants information specific enough to help them and...
I understand if this should not be answered because it gives away strategic info. With that in mind...

In response to today's standing orders (Aug 14-15), I couldn't help but wonder about contribution to Shinrarta Dezhra. Let me explain. Shinrarta is a populous, busy system. Do you have data about how many CMDRs are contributing? The reason I ask is not that I'm interested in that number, rather, I can't help but wonder what effect I might have if I (for example) load up on commodities because a mission will take me thru Shinrarta and I could sell them to help TDW there.
This helps to formulate a potential response. For example, could you then include in the standing orders that if participants were to do one or two transactions in Shinrarta, it would be likely to be beneficial enough? My example of commodity-sales is just an example, of course.
Shinrarta is probably one of the most difficult scenarios to handle because there is so much random traffic and mission execution. Still, this could help those of us to plan our sessions in-game.

If I am worrying about something that the participation rate says I don't need to (there's enough of us doing a variety of things organically), then that's a useful answer too - and simple!

Shinrata is a bad example to use really. There are many thousands of players using Shinrarta as their home base. Their activities mean that the soft cap for almost all bgs actions is reached for all the local factions.

When we have our TDW supporters working hard in the system, we are well into the diminishing returns. If our support is more than that of all others on that day, we get a modest bump in influence. The factions in Shinrarta are relatively stable over long periods of time simply because they all receive similar levels of support.

I have asked for a bit more support in the recent orders because we have been slipping lower. We have no immediate plans to push really hard in Shinrarta as an expansion from there gets us no closer to our goals, but WOULD be an interesting test. I believe it is barely possible, but would require our entire resources for weeks at a time. Others in the planing team are not so hopeful.

We do make efforts to track the activities of our Black Sky and Rabid Hamster Legions, but even there it is often not needed.

BGS is achievable in most systems by groups of 5-10 players. Solo work is possible if you pick your targets carefully. In many ways TDW has too many supporters for effective BGS which is why I try to spread you all out - a task that gets easier as we get into more systems.

It is fairly safe to assume that we have reached well into the diminished returns part of the curve for all activities in a system where the hamster horde are let loose!

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 15 - 16 Aug 3306

We have positive progress in all of our systems. Our prep work on the path to Sol and Lave is going well. Anyanwu in the hands of the two Legions has got very close to expansion.
Our election support for CIA in LFT 926 has bought it back on track with a 2-2 draw. More work required there, but at least its heading the right direction. A very good day for The Dark Wheel. LFT 926 is at about where we need it for future movements, so do not do too much there today please.

As usual please do not do any of the following activities as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders. THIS MEANS NO MISSIONS FOR ANYONE unless requested!
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems. You can hand these in to interstellar factors if you need the money.

Tasks for today: (very similar to yesterday)

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to HR 4979 or Shinrarta

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Iqbal Hub in HR 4979

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in HR 4979.

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Iqbal Hub in HR 4979.

Orders 16 - 17 Aug 3306

Anyanwu Expands! Well done all, we reached the 75% mark in Anyanwu and have begun the pending phase of expansion. It doesn't show up yet but will be there tomorrow!

Expansion usually takes 6 days pending and 7 days active, so we should arrive in our destination at the tick at or around 28th of August. We are aiming at two systems closer to Sol, a jump of around 25ly this time. Work is progressing to ensure these two systems are target priority 1 and 2.

Today, concentrate on HR 4979, with a bit of Anyanwu for fun and working for CIA in LFT 926. They are 3-2 up in their election now, so should be last day.

Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to HR 4979 or Anyanwu

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Iqbal Hub in HR 4979 or Delbruck in Anyanwu

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in HR 4979 or Anyanwu

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Iqbal Hub in HR 4979 or Delbruck in Anyanwu

Not sure whether I should find this impressive or repulsive...
C0y1AY0.jpg

5jFt0rt.jpg

Top Bottom