Hey guys, I am posting the Elite Week notices in here because we highlight every week progress on TDW project but if including these in here seems annoying or overly self promoting I will definitely stop as I'm not looking to be obnoxious about it. please weigh in tell me keep em coming or stop???

Hey guys, I am posting the Elite Week notices in here because we highlight every week progress on TDW project but if including these in here seems annoying or overly self promoting I will definitely stop as I'm not looking to be obnoxious about it. please weigh in tell me keep em coming or stop???
Keep 'em coming commander! 07

Saves me faffing around looking for them.

Yes our expansion from 5455 SHOULD take us to our target system for Phase 1. from THAT system we will test the possibility of expansion INTO Sol. and then we will begin movement towards Phase 2 target LFT 509! All the while we are still going to be alternately progressing towards phase 3 target: Lave. As to Phase 4 goal of expanding into 50 systems... we are currently at 5 systems with pending expansion from 4979 into a 6th system. Not too shabby for a project where people said it would be impossible to grow AT ALL! But there are still many mountains to climb and many dragons to slay so all those commanders out there with a sense of adventure who wish to really push the story along please join us in the possible mission to unlock mysteries of lore and the DEFINITE mission to demonstrate to a certain game developer in the Cambridge area that their player base is SERIOUSLY hungry for more story line of the DarkWheel/Raxxla flavor in particular and of the mysteries of the galaxy in general varieties!

What about Polaris? ;P

That's weird. Never noticed that before. I won my billionth Dark Wheel conflict but noticed a rep significantly decreased warning. Considering all the friendlies are still green and I got thanked, after the Battle Won indication, as well as a payout, I can only assume I lose rep with the competing faction.

[Edit]
Yep it's definitely with the competing faction lol. Apparently I just got used to if ignoring all the notifications in CZs.

Last edited:
I've been working the wheel since early on and have always looked forward to meeting other CMDRs in the theater of our operations. This has ranged from crickets (as others put it) to having encounters and interactions from just-passing to sharing CZs, etc. Yesterday, however, was special...

First let me say, having spent much of my time in ED playing on my own (albeit well above 99% of the time in OPEN), that it's really cool to see ships' behavior from a 3rd person point-of-view (it's like being a newbie while not a newbie) and that there's something intangible but no-less great about sharing a CZ with another CMDR.

After running into a CMDR two days in a row while working the CZ in LTT5455, yesterday I found myself alone for a couple of rounds. Then I happened upon our own @CMDR Kai Zen a couple if times in-system. He stopped in at the CZ and I watched those long-range beams reach out into space to pierce NPC ships as we worked the CZ - that was GLORIOUS! I don't think I've ever finished a CZ so quickly. Somebody means business! :cool: The day before, I watched the CMDR's pack-hounds fly thru space in their squirrely way for the first time in-person. Really cool.

I had another quiet couple of rounds in the CZ and, after finishing one and dropping in again to start another, I was sitting around taking a breather and a sip from my cupholder 🍺, admiring the message from the Pilot's Federation of my promotion to deadly. Watch out, I'm deadly now
Deadly logo2.jpg
- mostly to myself probably!

Next thing I know, three CMDRs drop in to the CZ. Before I know it, I have a repair limpet on the way (even though I'm at 85%), a wing-invite in my message box, new blue and purple icons on my scanner and new indicators on my HUD! We go to work, wake out, go to work again, and I have a friend-request in my message panel.

This was like being a newbie again - in the best way possible. It was my first wing, all the cool info on the screen and not knowing what half of them meant was exhilarating. It added another dimension to the game for me. Right after we parted ways I took a break to watch the Wing-Training video! There were lots of "OH-that's-what-that-was!" and "AH, that's a handy feature!" going on as I watched.

That was a great night of fun. Now I had better have my mic at the ready for the next time, and I'll be more likely to offer to wing-up when I see someone. All I can say is many many thanks CMDRs, (you know who you are), and a hearty o7! You made my day and I hope I helped make yours.

Didn't I just say, this is a great group?

Go get 'em! Have fun! Make someone's day...

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
Orders 30 - 31 Aug 3306

Well done! Day 2 of the war is ours and we are now officially expanding from HR 4979 in the direction of Lave.

Continue on as yesterday.

Please do not do any of the following as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to help the war in LTT 5455
  • Conflict zones in LTT 5455. There is another war here, be sure to select the correct one!

Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into TDW owned ground stations in Shinrarta

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in Shinrarta
  • Combat missions for TDW in LTT 5455
  • Missions for CIA in LFT 926 (still an option)

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Iqbal Hub in HR 4979 (optional)
  • Hand in TDW ground stations in Shinrarta

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Looks like CIA in LFT926 have run into a conflict (Elections). Do we know how active their group is? It's a pretty big system at 12.5 million so it takes some activity to move stuff.
The player group isn't huge and CIA has a presence in 20 star systems. This must be tough to maintain!

Looks like CIA in LFT926 have run into a conflict (Elections). Do we know how active their group is? It's a pretty big system at 12.5 million so it takes some activity to move stuff.
The player group isn't huge and CIA has a presence in 20 star systems. This must be tough to maintain!
It's pretty tough to keep secondary factions out of elections, if there's any contestable asset in the star system not owned by the controlling faction. Maintaining a stable second place that doesn't threaten the lead faction is often quite a bit harder than maintaining first place!

Don't think you'll find many people objecting, certainly not this CMDR. Post away o7

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 31 Aug - 1 Sep 3306

War in LTT 5455 is 3 days won. Today should finish it off and we then begin our climb to the top.

CIA in LFT 926 is in another election. Run some more missions there to win it for them. We can afford to drop TDW influence a bit to give them a safety buffer so this doesnt keep happening.

Please do not do any of the following as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to help the war in LTT 5455
  • Conflict zones in LTT 5455. There is another war here, be sure to select the correct one! Last day!

Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into TDW owned ground stations in Shinrarta

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in Shinrarta
  • Combat missions for TDW in LTT 5455
  • Missions for CIA in LFT 926 (Non combat ones)

Exploration Data:
- Hand in TDW ground stations in Shinrarta

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

I dont know much about powerplay, but its not a problem taking over a Federation exploited system (LTT 5455), and making it independent? No fortification penalty, but a system control loss.

I've spent 6 years in this game playing as the son of a Quator miner, making my living as a glorified courier with a bit of trading on the side and only fighting when I was attacked. No grinding and pretty much continuing my character from 1984, (just with less hair where I want it).
Today started as usual running missions -this time for CIA- but the influence of TDW has got me enjoying fighting so I added my bit for the war effort and was rewarded with this:
dangerous.jpg

Lori has also invited me round for a party - provided I bring the beer, apparently.
You're a bad influence TDW , but I like it!

Last edited:
What about Polaris? ;P
I am operating under the theory that Polaris is the system where Raxxla is but that the quest to access it is futile without unlocking that system. To do so I believe we must progress the efforts of TDW. Hence the attempts to link Shindez, Sol, LFT 509 and Lave... After that if we do not have any further information to go on we are still going to keep expanding TDW as we seek to grow it's overall presence in raw numbers. At that point we will definitely start reaching out in that direction. I would very much hope that before we get to that point some development of some kind gives us more concrete information to work with.
Fingers-Crossed-Contest-Page.jpg

I dont know much about powerplay, but its not a problem taking over a Federation exploited system (LTT 5455), and making it independent? No fortification penalty, but a system control loss.
In general we have every intention of not getting involved in PP. Our mandate quite clearly is to avoid hassling other PMF's and we will follow this astutely. PP is neither our purview nor concern. In this one instance we made an exception to accommodate a group that reached out. We just went full out to help win a contested war for them in another system to even the score and they were happy to allow us to play thru. Keep in mind, as well, that our intention is to take a system and expand from it into another system. Once this is accomplished it is our goal to REMAIN as a faction in the system to keep the number of systems which contain TDW up. I really do not care if we retain ownership of almost all systems. We have declared that LFT 926 is our home and we will fight to the death to defend it. But this new system LTT 5455... I don't really care about it long term. If our presence at the #1 spot flips it from one PP group to another this will be for all of a week or two as we move thru the system. After that if the original group would rather flip it back so their PP faction has it and TDW would be a subservient faction in that system we would be happy to comply with this wish. This is an experiment that is seeking to both test some theories and search for mysteries as well as a demonstration by the player base to Frontier that the number of their customers who value these aspects of the game is high enough that it should be invested in. THIS IS NOT A PROJECT WITH ANY AMBITION OF OWNERSHIP OR LUST FOR CONQUEST! We don't need to own anything we just want to be part of the neighborhood. We will assist in handing back ownership to any players that we inconvenience EVEN IF THEY CONTEST US EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Once people see that we are happy to be good neighbors under their rule and are only looking to take a system for a week or so to play thru and will then work on our own to return ALL ASSETS to them (every station, not just system ownership). It is my sincere hope that people will dig our live and let live vibe and be chill. If someone is obstinate in opposing us we will do our absolute best to be reasonable even if we outnumber them 10 to 1 because this has never been a project with any goals to hassle players. This entire thing is just about trying to help everyone get more cool stories.

THIS IS NOT A PROJECT WITH ANY AMBITION OF OWNERSHIP OR LUST FOR CONQUEST!

Or any guarantee of any response by The Club or anybody at all for that matter :) Would be nice but as long as they pay attention and realise we are here and we care.

This entire thing is just about trying to help everyone get more cool stories.

This. From all angles, within, without, during and maybe even after....who knows?

I am operating under the theory that Polaris is the system where Raxxla is but that the quest to access it is futile without unlocking that system. To do so I believe we must progress the efforts of TDW. Hence the attempts to link Shindez, Sol, LFT 509 and Lave... After that if we do not have any further information to go on we are still going to keep expanding TDW as we seek to grow it's overall presence in raw numbers. At that point we will definitely start reaching out in that direction. I would very much hope that before we get to that point some development of some kind gives us more concrete information to work with. View attachment 186433

That's awesome. It also answers my question of, "I wonder what happens after Sol?" Wouldn't it be magnificent to have another Superpower on the list? It would test as to whether a minor faction can go from zero to hero. What would the Dark Wheel powerplay item be? A Quirium drive? ;P

Last edited:
In general we have every intention of not getting involved in PP. Our mandate quite clearly is to avoid hassling other PMF's and we will follow this astutely. PP is neither our purview nor concern. In this one instance we made an exception to accommodate a group that reached out. We just went full out to help win a contested war for them in another system to even the score and they were happy to allow us to play thru. Keep in mind, as well, that our intention is to take a system and expand from it into another system. Once this is accomplished it is our goal to REMAIN as a faction in the system to keep the number of systems which contain TDW up. I really do not care if we retain ownership of almost all systems. We have declared that LFT 926 is our home and we will fight to the death to defend it. But this new system LTT 5455... I don't really care about it long term. If our presence at the #1 spot flips it from one PP group to another this will be for all of a week or two as we move thru the system. After that if the original group would rather flip it back so their PP faction has it and TDW would be a subservient faction in that system we would be happy to comply with this wish. This is an experiment that is seeking to both test some theories and search for mysteries as well as a demonstration by the player base to Frontier that the number of their customers who value these aspects of the game is high enough that it should be invested in. THIS IS NOT A PROJECT WITH ANY AMBITION OF OWNERSHIP OR LUST FOR CONQUEST! We don't need to own anything we just want to be part of the neighborhood. We will assist in handing back ownership to any players that we inconvenience EVEN IF THEY CONTEST US EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Once people see that we are happy to be good neighbors under their rule and are only looking to take a system for a week or so to play thru and will then work on our own to return ALL ASSETS to them (every station, not just system ownership). It is my sincere hope that people will dig our live and let live vibe and be chill. If someone is obstinate in opposing us we will do our absolute best to be reasonable even if we outnumber them 10 to 1 because this has never been a project with any goals to hassle players. This entire thing is just about trying to help everyone get more cool stories.

Very nice! And well stated.
It was just my thought, of, "What if TDW was hardcoded to become a Superpower? But as a shadow organization? Makes sense that they also wouldn't be.

Top Bottom