I just started a carrier ops for profitable trade into LTT 5455 to help pushing TDW into expansion state. Delivery profit at Tull Enterprise about 75 million credits. Loading and unloading help would be very much appreciated.
I'm assuming you're selling the items at cost for unloading, since the more profit your haulers make, the better that is for BGS. I'll help unload your carrier if this is the case, especially if you are close to the station.

Do I have to be "max" allied with them? Or did I have to be allied with them before I created my Squadron? I'm not pledged to a faction, and I have three pages of factions I can join, but TDW isn't in the list despite recently earning Ally status. Maybe that's the key - maybe it's been too recent and I have to wait for another tick or two...

I am not sure about that, when I pledged the squad to them I was max allied. Probably that is the reason. As I did the very same with my PS4-account recently too, I am pretty sure, that it works shortly after getting allied to them.

I'm assuming you're selling the items at cost for unloading, since the more profit your haulers make, the better that is for BGS. I'll help unload your carrier if this is the case, especially if you are close to the station.

a bit of profit for the haulers loading the carrier is calculated too (I do not want to do it alone this time, 19k tons to load/unload), as well a small profit for the carrier, but ofc the vast majority of profit is on the unloading side for BGS-reasons (though we are far in diminishing returns anyway)

Do I have to be "max" allied with them? Or did I have to be allied with them before I created my Squadron? I'm not pledged to a faction, and I have three pages of factions I can join, but TDW isn't in the list despite recently earning Ally status. Maybe that's the key - maybe it's been too recent and I have to wait for another tick or two...
Quick check: is your Squadron already assigned to a Powerplay power? If so you won't be able to attach it to a minor faction with a different superpower allegiance.

1603319725827.png

Attachments

• 1603301817346.png
    1603301817346.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
I'll be in-game in another 20 minutes or so, if all goes well. It will then take me a little time to transfer my T9 over. Is this something you are planning multiple runs for? Unloading a FC sounds like fun, and I'd love to give it a try even if not today.

Another Carrier, the "(TDW) Great A'Tuin" is already in Kremainn for loading . So, yes. Not me, in person, but other commanders. I suggest joining the Elite Week Discord, where all this information is much more transparent. We are doing those carrier ops since months. This time I tried to involve even more people by posting it here too, but it's too much hassle to do it every time.

My carrier still has 15.000t to unload, so most likely not empty when you arrive, otherwise look for the "(TDW) Great A'Tuin". I will do no more unloading (because of much higher profit it is much easier to find a helping hand).

Another Carrier, the "(TDW) Great A'Tuin" is already in Kremainn for loading . So, yes. Not me, in person, but other commanders. I suggest joining the Elite Week Discord, where all this information is much more transparent. We are doing those carrier ops since months. This time I tried to involve even more people by posting it here too, but it's too much hassle to do it every time.

My carrier still has 15.000t to unload, so most likely not empty when you arrive, otherwise look for the "(TDW) Great A'Tuin". I will do no more unloading (because of much higher profit it is much easier to find a helping hand).
I don't do Discord, nor am I looking to join a full-time squadron (been there, done that). I just want to contribute on a casual basis as time and the winds of chance allow. I'll get my T9 in the area and have it on standby for the time time somebody posts a "everyone help me unload my carrier" message here in this thread, assuming I don't need my T9 for the next CG.

I don't do Discord, nor am I looking to join a full-time squadron (been there, done that). I just want to contribute on a casual basis as time and the winds of chance allow. I'll get my T9 in the area and have it on standby for the time time somebody posts a "everyone help me unload my carrier" message here in this thread, assuming I don't need my T9 for the next CG.

no worries, still 12.000t on MFC Salome, so you are welcome to unload.

Quick check: is your Squadron already assigned to a Powerplay power? If so you won't be able to attach it to a minor faction with a different superpower allegiance.
That was it! I was aligned with the Federation, and apparently The Dark Wheel is Independent.

I like to align my personal squadron to the faction I'm supporting because the faction-tracking tools are very nice IMO. I wish I could align to a faction personally, without having to dedicate my squadron to this, but like all things Elite, I work with what I got.

Regarding TDW, I'm kinda surprised it has so few systems at this time. Is this just because BGS expansion is slow, or is this movement (Turning The Wheel) not as big as I assumed?

Is this just because BGS expansion is slow
Broadly, yes - the absolute fastest it can go is about one system every two weeks, and the project is going at about one system every three weeks since it started at the end of May (because it's much more efficient to take a bit longer and get the targeting right, than to just expand as fast as possible in no particular direction)

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 22 - 23 Oct 3306

With the support of our Black Sky Legion we finally reached (hidden) pending expansion state in LTT 5455 (77.8%). We will now slowly build up Turdetani for the second try to invade Lave.
The war in CD-45 7854 has ended as desired. Newtons Erben remain in control of the system, well done, ty.
We need to do some more work Lave for Lave Radio Network, OUL has raised a little bit, this will most likely stay on the menu until we finally will reach Lave.
Our ally ARRc asked us to help a bit in Arque, to get rid of the lockdown state of Arque Commodities, please do some bounty hunting in Larais or Oresqu and hand the vouchers to any station in Arque.

Please do not do any of the following as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Turdetani or Arque.
  • Bounty Hunting in Larais or Oresqu. Hand in to any station in Arque.

Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into Rushworth Port in Turdetani.

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Turdetani.
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Arque.
  • Missions for Lave Radio Network in Lave.
  • Missions for Alliance of LTT 5419 in Anyanwu.

Exploration Data:
- Hand in to Rushworth Port in Turdetani.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.
Orders today a dual effort between Crypto and Micha

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 23 - 24 Oct 3306

We are now offically expanding from LTT 5455.
We will continue to slowly build up Turdetani for the second try to invade Lave.
In Shinrarta Dezhra the gap to LTT 4487 Industry is closing, so please do some work for TDW.
Please stay on doing some work for Lave Radio Network in Lave, this day OUL in Lave has lost a little bit, which is quite fine.

Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Turdetani, Arque or Shinrarta Dezhra

Commodity Trading
  • Profitable trades into Rushworth Port in Turdetani.
  • Profitable trades into our ground stations in Shinrarta Dezhra.

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Shinrarta Dezhra.
  • Missions for Alliance of LTT 5419 in Anyanwu.

Exploration Data:

Orders today a dual effort between Crypto and Micha

Orders 24 - 25 Oct 3306

Lacaille 8760 Allied Corp. in LHS 397 have an infrastructure failure (IF) and are quite low, we have to prevent them from retreating. Please do some work for them.
In Shinrarta Dezhra the gap to LTT 4487 Industry is still closing, so please do some work for TDW.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Arque, Turdetani or Shinrarta Dezhra

Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into our ground stations in Shinrarta Dezhra.

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Shinrarta Dezhra.
  • Lacaille 8760 Allied Corp. in LHS 397.

Exploration Data:

OK so here is last nights show que'd up to the "TDW UPDATE" although I think you will find some interesting things in the show if you give the rest a try. I recomend using the time stamps to jump to "PREVIOUSLY ON" to catch the full show while leaving behind the fluff if interested. In particular we uncover an interesting new possibility to do with the Thargoid probes and some new things Frontier may have just snuck into the game last week on the QT... ;)
Source: https://youtu.be/9PSLTE-bWxo?t=1114

Top Bottom