Taken from the #Standing-Orders Channel on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
TO JOIN THE OFFICIAL SQUADRON OF THE DARK WHEEL PROJECT AND THE ELITE WEEK PODCAST JOIN "THE BLACK SKY LEGION (BSL1) IN GAME ON PC!

Orders 28 MAY - 01 JUNE 3307

Project Status:

The Dark Wheel’s expansion from 9 PUPPIS has concluded with the arrival at the planned divert system of HRIMFAXI!!

Now we begin the next phase of the LFT 509 testing.
We are looking to see if being within 10LY does anything for issuing a permit.
Additionally, we will do an expansion out of HRIMFAXI to see if TDW drives past it again, but this time without a planned divert system.

TDW is currently pending war with Kapoulock PLC in HRIMFAXI, let’s 4-0 that war and rocket to the top for system control!!!

As always, we have a few housekeeping items for the rest of TDWs systems, see below.

Additional Special Note: TDW is native in Shinrarta Dezhra, so despite them being low, no work is required there

Please remember:
  • Do NOT work for other factions in TDW systems, unless requested below.
  • Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.
  • Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than TDW in our systems.

Conflicts:
HRIMFAXI - (Starting 29MAY) SUPPORT The Dark Wheel in WAR with CZ’s and WAR MISSIONS

ANYANWU - SUPPORT Alliance of LTT 5419 in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions
LHS 397 - SUPPORT Revolutionary Party of Tiapalan in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions
LP 787-52 - SUPPORT Minutemen in WAR with CZ’s and WAR MISSIONS
LP 787-52 - SUPPORT Mikir Free in WAR with CZ’s and WAR MISSIONS
PHRA LAK - SUPPORT Usiren Free in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions
WOLF 433 - SUPPORT The Dark Wheel in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions

Bounty Hunting:
Bounty hunting in any of our controlled systems (9 PUPPIS and/or ANYANWU Compromised Nav Beacons and/or Resource Extraction Sites in TDW controlled systems are great places to go).
Turn in TDW bounty vouchers earned in these locations
  • PHRA LAK
  • TURDETANI
  • LHS 397

General Missions & Passengers:
86 MU HERCULIS - Colanja Gold Power Services, Missions for INF, want to stop them from retreating! After that passes, we want them to be above the native factions. Excellent Job getting them to 8.8%!
HR 4979 - Nuenets Corp, Missions for INF, want to stop them from retreating! After that passes, we want them to be above the native factions.
LTT 5455 - Wolf 562 Major Inc, Missions for INF, want to stop them from retreating! After that passes, we want them to be above the native factions.
LTT 5455 - GQ Virginis General Corporation, Missions for INF, want to put them above the native factions NOTE: keep a gap between these guys and Wolf 562 Major Inc to avoid conflicts
LAVE - Any missions for TDW, we want to be #2 in system at ~20% INF

Commodity Trading:
Profitable trades into PHRA LAK - Schiltberger Station (All Pads)
Profitable trades into TURDETANI - Rushworth Port (MED/SMALL Pads)
Profitable trades into LHS 397 - Zillig Depot (All Pads)

Exploration Data:
Hand in at PHRA LAK - Schiltberger Station (All Pads)
Hand in at TURDETANI - Rushworth Port (MED/SMALL Pads)
Hand in at LHS 397 - Zillig Depot (All Pads)

General Remarks:
  • All TDW Controlled Systems: Until a planned expansion is announced, TDW should have no greater than 65% INF to avoid any unintended expansions.
  • LAVE - TDW is to be #2, ~20% below Lave Radio Network
  • WOLF 433 - TDW is to be #2, well below LHS 2541 Alliance Combine, ~20% is ideal
  • ARQUE - TDW is a guest of Alliance Rapid-reaction Corps, no work required here
  • As a general rule, when factions in a TDW system are in conflict, we want the native faction (Blue N by their name in Inara when looking at the system) to LOSE. Where two non-native factions conflict, neither winner is “desired”, depending on INF level after the conflict, we would likely boost the LOSER to avoid retreat (happens at 2.5% or lower). Two native factions in conflict can be ignored and their INF in the system can be addressed after the conflict ends.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

We're apparently at war in Hrimfaxi but I can't find any CZ's. (playing odyssey)
Is anyone else having the same issue?

We're apparently at war in Hrimfaxi but I can't find any CZ's. (playing odyssey)
Is anyone else having the same issue?
There seems to be a bug at the moment where surface CZs don't show up on the map unless you're at Frontline.

Space CZs often don't show up immediately on the first tick of the war at the best of times, and the tick is being particularly drawn out right now, so maybe try again in a few hours?

Why stop at LFT? Let’s just dominate the galaxy and forge an entity so large, and so powerful, but with a view that is opposite The Club. We’ll start with secrets. We’ll tell everyone every fact, including ones they didn’t want to hear, like “Ewww! Tom did what in zero-G?” Everyone will be disturbed but very educated on current events.

There seems to be a bug at the moment where surface CZs don't show up on the map unless you're at Frontline.

Space CZs often don't show up immediately on the first tick of the war at the best of times, and the tick is being particularly drawn out right now, so maybe try again in a few hours?
Thanks Ian.

I'm not interested in any aspect of spacelegs so trying to find ship-based CZ's only. They're not showing up in horizons either so I'll give it a while. (y)

Just been listening to Elite Week's "The Dark Wheel Update" on YouTube and I'm really feeling rather sad. It's one thing to not really expect anything to happen, but it's an altogether different thing to hear the tone of tired resignation in the voice that effectively announces the end of the best ED content (player-led or otherwise) that we've seen in years. If we've now slipped into 'Maintenance Mode' I guess that the original plan of expanding to Robigo and taking a crack at Polaris has been indefinitely postponed?

The last year has been immense fun and I wouldn't have missed it for worlds (not even Distant ones); what a shame that it should just fizzle out without so much as a hint of a clue toward Raxxla. Ah well...

My thanks to all the Wheel Turners who have made possible this monumental task over the last year, but especially to Kai Zen for bringing a sense of purpose and drive to a game that was effectively drifting, Micha Maverick (I hope you've recovered!) and WolfDragon for the meticulous planning and control that made our efforts worthwhile. And although not officially a Wheel-Turner I'd like to personally thank Ian Doncaster for his many helpful posts explaining the BGS workings to us mortals.

Such is the way of Elite. Its very rare for something to end in a nice satisfying way, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. If the attempt was enjoyable then that is the main thing. The minute chance of Frontier noticing is just the ribbon to tie it with at the end, if you want it to be the end. I sure could think of a few things I'd like to do with the BGS with an army at my command ;) go mess with Sirius or something, make it inconvenient when Frontier need to find a Sirius-owned station for a CG and find nothing but ash.

But hopefully this is already enough.

Fantastic effort on behalf of everybody. Although still playing it is with a heavy heart. We once had a brilliant game, now FDEV have split the game asunder, and I am not talking about the bugs with everything etc.

What has happened has been seen before in other MMO's or live service games. My own experience which reflects what I see happening in this once awe inspiring game.

I played a game called Anarchy Online from which my forum Avatar comes from, it too was a ground breaking Sci Fi game based on a extremely large planet called Rubi Ka. The community was fantastic, with all its early faults it became a home from home for many people (including Obsidian Ant). I met people who became long term RL friends including a tetraplegic who played the game on an equal basis, I watched a friend die online as a twister hit her house, a terrible event for which I can't describe in the pain and guilt it caused.
I played that game for 18 years with people like Dokhack, Belle, Bok, Faith and Fluff, and Makoman, we had fun together, we met up in Real Life( they came from all over Europe to camp out in Preston! ) and we were the same people who shared a common background, we enjoyed each others company QED.

An aside Omni Pol is the main controlling commando section in Anarchy Online, a nod imho to AO ;)

What happened to the game was that in order to become 'successful' it added content via expansion(s) which split the community into 2 halves, it was a Fantasy expansion, which had nothing to do with the original Sci Fi content and lore (sound familiar?) and I watched as my friends burnt out on the new divisive content., Rubi Ka became empty, sterile, full of unresolved ideas and locations.

This is what I see happening in ED, we have a much loved base game which satisfies our need to fly spaceships and to fight, explore and mine. How many played the CG's recently, umm duh!
Now we have a smaller FPS which frankly does nothing for the long term survivability of the game. You now have the have and the have nots. Raising the PEGI rating was a stupid idea and the marketing twit who thought that was a good idea needed reeling in. The player base wanted space legs, the hint is in the name. Shooting people in the face is so last century. Like AO, FDEV have forgotten their own lore, their player base, all the things that made the game above everything else. What does this expansion give us in story line that we all can enjoy? and by that I mean everyone, not Odyssey geeks with 4k to spend on a computer.

I am, like many reconsidering what time I will invest in this mullered game. My opinion is that the driving forces in upper management or large stockholders need to be ousted or reined in. Maybe they will pull the 'cat out of the bag'. Maybe they will allow the player base to influence the game, but maybe its just too late. Turning the Wheel was a great and probably one of the best opportunities for GOOD FREE MARKETING worldwide, it has fallen on a bizarre need to satisfy the shareholder above those WHO PAY and tell better stories than FDEV.

I guess that the original plan of expanding to Robigo and taking a crack at Polaris has been indefinitely postponed?
Unlike what's been done so far, you couldn't do that with pure BGS actions at the moment - in the absolute best case, you can expand 30-51 LY from an existing system depending on direction. Robigo is already disconnected on that measure, and Polaris is another 213 LY from there. The closest reachable systems to Polaris are the Canonn ones around Varati. So that would need to wait until some connecting systems were placed - like the Sol-Pleiades bridge - to make it possible to move factions between them.

I really enjoyed this project, so thanks for setting this up. It gave many CMDRs a shared goal, especially in times where GalNet and CGs went dark, but even after that.

The community managers even mentioned this project in one of their live streams early in the project and seemed to get excited about it. That was when I really started hoping they would do something with it. Very unfortunate that they haven't.

But for me it's a bit too much doom and gloom currently. Sure, the current state of the expansion is worrisome, but the great foundations gameplay and lorewise are still in place. And regarding exploration I am confident, that the new tech will enhance the experience once everything is fixed and eventually enhanced.

07 All,

damn, was looking for new orders. So now no new orders and the project is over? For me it was always a great thing here to do something. Thanks to All and fly Safe :)

Taken from the #Standing-Orders Channel on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
TO JOIN THE OFFICIAL SQUADRON OF THE DARK WHEEL PROJECT AND THE ELITE WEEK PODCAST JOIN "THE BLACK SKY LEGION (BSL1) IN GAME ON PC!

Orders 01 JUNE - 05 JUNE 3307

Project Status:

The Dark Wheel’s war in HRIMFAXI is currently 3-0
Excellent job CMDRs!!! Let’s keep that going to get a 4-0 clean sweep TOMORROW!!!

Following that war, TDW should be in the clear to climb the ladder to get into conflict for control of the system and to get a station.

Once TDW has a station, we will be looking to see if there is a permit opportunity that opens up for LFT 509.

Following getting system control, we want to expand out from HRIMFAXI to see what happens.

Once ALL of those above steps have been completed, we will then consider LFT 509 fully tested.

Clearly, we still have plenty of work to do over the next little while. After all of that is done, we will transition the project to the next phase, which I will better outline in a later post.

The standing orders will remain and will be updated on their regular schedule.

Please remember:
  • Do NOT work for other factions in TDW systems, unless requested below.
  • Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.
  • Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than TDW in our systems.

Conflicts:
HRIMFAXI - SUPPORT The Dark Wheel in WAR with CZ’s and WAR MISSIONS

86 MU HERCULIS - SUPPORT Colanja Gold Power Services in WAR with CZ’s and WAR MISSIONS
LHS 397 - SUPPORT Revolutionary Party of Tiapalan in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions
LP 787-52 - SUPPORT Mikir Free in WAR with CZ’s and WAR MISSIONS
LTT 5455 - SUPPORT GQ Virginis General Corporation in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions
PHRA LAK - SUPPORT Usiren Free in ELECTIONS with ELECTION missions

Bounty Hunting:
Bounty hunting in any of our controlled systems (9 PUPPIS and/or ANYANWU Compromised Nav Beacons and/or Resource Extraction Sites in TDW controlled systems are great places to go).
Turn in TDW bounty vouchers earned in these locations
  • LHS 397
  • 86 MU HERCULIS
  • ROSS 154

General Missions & Passengers:
9 PUPPIS - Hlocidirus Resistance, Missions for INF, want to put them above the native factions
ANYANWU - Aegilips Co, Missions for INF, We don’t want the retreat and we want to put them above the native factions
HR 4979 - Nuenets Corp, Missions for INF, want to stop them from retreating! After that passes, we want them to be above the native factions.
TURDETANI - Bruthanvan Co, Missions for INF, want to put them above the native factions
LAVE - Any missions for TDW, we want to be #2 in system at ~20% INF

Commodity Trading:
Profitable trades into LHS 397 - Zillig Depot (All Pads)
Profitable trades into 86 MU HERCULIS - Scheutz Hub AND/OR Gauss Platform (MED/SMALL Pads)
Profitable trades into ROSS 154 - Birkeland City (All Pads)

Exploration Data:
Hand in at LHS 397 - Zillig Depot (All Pads)
Hand in at 86 MU HERCULIS - Scheutz Hub AND/OR Gauss Platform (MED/SMALL Pads)
Hand in at ROSS 154 - Birkeland City (All Pads)

General Remarks:
  • All TDW Controlled Systems: Until a planned expansion is announced, TDW should have no greater than 65% INF to avoid any unintended expansions.
  • LAVE - TDW is to be #2, ~20% below Lave Radio Network
  • WOLF 433 - TDW is to be #2, well below LHS 2541 Alliance Combine, ~20% is ideal
  • ARQUE - TDW is a guest of Alliance Rapid-reaction Corps, no work required here
  • As a general rule, when factions in a TDW system are in conflict, we want the native faction (Blue N by their name in Inara when looking at the system) to LOSE. Where two non-native factions conflict, neither winner is “desired”, depending on INF level after the conflict, we would likely boost the LOSER to avoid retreat (happens at 2.5% or lower). Two native factions in conflict can be ignored and their INF in the system can be addressed after the conflict ends.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Top Bottom