Guide / Tutorial TUTORIAL: How to Find Exquisite Focus Crystals

That's all very well, but I ran into 4 other CMDRs in the Shu Babassi area over the course of today, and all of them had spent several hours there refreshing the boards to no avail. For one person to get a bum deal on the RNG is fine - even expected - but four people at the same time?

Yes, when you are employing RNG - anything, any possibility that can happen - can happen, unlikely but still.

Which is again, the problem with the mechanic to begin with.... I can't defend the method to you if it hasnt worked for you yet, but as you will see from alot of posts on this thread and reddit thread, this method is working for majority of people, just so happens to be that you and the people you talked to are the variantas who currently have terrible RNG, and I do hope you guys will break through it eventually :(

And the reason why I was so confident to make this video and to post this method, is because we tested it with a lot of riends, and even while making this video (even tho I have all my ships upgraded now ((more than 11 EFC's used)) ) , i still went there and got another one in 45 minutes

Last edited:
I just want to let people know that this is not a sure thing. While it works for some it certainly does not work for all.

Between Friday evening, yesterday and this morning I spent well over 15 hours at Matthews Mine and I did not see one EFC mission.

Has anyone received EFC after the 2.2 patch? And not anly EFC, also Improvised Components, Modified Embedded Firmware and other very rare materials. I had a lot of them before 2.2 and still have some in my stock. But after the 2.2 patch I haven't been able to get a single one of very rares as mission rewards until this day.
Instead I am flooded with Biotech Conductors, Modular Terminals, Articulation Motors and other stuff. I think that there is a bug in the RNG of the game. It is way off being balanced after 2.2 patch.

What is your opinion on that? It would be nice, if people would post pics here where they found those very rare materials as a proof. If it is not a bug, then it got nerfed by FD which is very bad. All mission rewards have been nerfed. You receive way less money as before or at least you have to be friendly or allied to get the real high-profit missions.

Hi everyone, thank you all for your continued support!

This is my second video in my Elite Dangerous Tutorial series, and will be covering the interesting mechanics of acquiring Exquisite Focus Crystals.

This video will have a tiny change in tone, but I hope it is still easy to watch and follow, however please be aware that the topic of Exquisite Focus Crystals is quite surreal, and not very straight forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzSgGEsIIjQ&feature=youtu.be

Please leave constructive feedback as I will value every single opinion and try to make my videos better over time, so thank you in advance!

Thanks for this I've really struggled to find exquisite focus crystals.
I have been looking since about the week after horizons and have only ever come across one as a mission reward and now I think about it I think it was in Shu babasi .

I've been thinking the same thing myself Geddy. I haven't come across a single EFC or MEF since 2.2 and I've been spending all my time doing missions since then, mainly to grind reputation with the Sirius Corp but I've been back to boom systems where I am allied with the factions. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the bug that gives us really low payouts for missions. Every station I go to, I check all the materials for each mission on the mission board.

I've also noticed that modular terminals are far more abundant than they used to be. Not that I'm complaining. It's helped me unlock Marco Qwent.

Last edited:
I've been thinking the same thing myself Geddy. I haven't come across a single EFC or MEF since 2.2 and I've been spending all my time doing missions since then, mainly to grind reputation with the Sirius Corp but I've been back to boom systems where I am allied with the factions. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the bug that gives us really low payouts for missions. Every station I go to, I check all the materials for each mission on the mission board.

I've also noticed that modular terminals are far more abundant than they used to be. Not that I'm complaining. It's helped me unlock Marco Qwent.

To be honest I've stop doing any mission except for passenger one, waiting for a quick fix for mission boards and then I'll see if I have to remake my tutorials :) now its unclear

Right as I come across this thread ...awesome:)

don't despair just yet , all mission boards are currently bugged, once the hotfix drops , I have a feeling this will be viable again (it could also be still viable, I havent tested it personaly, but I will soonTM)

Don't waste your time trying to find any materials except Biotech Conductors. Until there is some fix the rewards are totally screwed. I have been to over 100 ports since 2.2 and it's all the same garbage. Only some passenger missions are worth doing until something is fixed. So many things are messed up it's unreal.

I went to Shu as recommended, and like everyone else, am only seeing Biotech with the odd data mission, despite having enough Data Delivery to the same 2 starports every mission flip to take the maximum 15 missions at once from almost every board. My home system Cowini was in Boom for the last 2 weeks too and I saw no Exquiste there either. Nor have I seen any on any mission board I check, and I'm checking every time I land... so I have to conclude like everyone else the mission rewards are currently broken.

Achilles7

Banned
You're welcome!

Just as a side-note related to Charge Enhanced rank 5 distributors, they seem to give max stats each time you upgrade, i never had to reroll, so usually 1 EFC is enough, which makes it easier rly

Edit: apparently I was just lucky with RNG, please ignore

Yeah..thanks for rubbing that in!

fUEB7Uj.jpg

NB - Thanks Dweller, but 'Nice' isn't quite the word I would use..you anaemic, little tw@t

Last edited:

Thanks Dweller, but 'Nice' isn't quite the word I would use..

Yes, I too know the pain of a meh g5 charge enhanced roll ... RNG is RNG ... I'll be refreshing those boards again while watching Netflix once the missions are fixed.

http://i.imgur.com/fUEB7Uj.jpg

NB - Thanks Dweller, but 'Nice' isn't quite the word I would use..you anaemic, little tw@t

It is pretty unusual to get a bad roll these days, I think they have buffed the RNG to be more likely to give a good roll from a psychological perspective.

I got an awesome roll for my FDL, the secondary buff moved all charge rates up to +46% and reduced the negative storage for weapons by 11%, so only just worse than unmodded :)

Top Bottom