Dinosaurs Tweaks to the herding/pack mechanic

Your Feature Request / Idea
First of all I like the new update and I think it brings much needed life to the animals. They are now behaving much more natrually over all than they did before.

However I think the new herding mechanic is ultimately ruined by the feeder system that is currently used.
After 1.5 came out I made another attempt to create my Site B/Safari park. Just one huge enclosure and lots and lots of different dinosaurs. I made sure to release them into a separate small paddock to help them from herds/groups. When I opened the gate the animals rushed out in search of food and water.
And here is the problem. instead of heading to the same feeder or the same watering hole. The whole group split up and went into totally different directions. For example: A herd of 9 Parasaurs ended up as three groups of three that were at totally opposite sides of the map and all dinos were at 0% comfort.
I think the system has to either be reworked so animals really follow their leader to the nearest feeder/watering hole or the necessity for feeders should somehow be removed for herbivores, making them able to feed while grazing or to feed on trees/shrubs (a feature that has been requested anyway).

Same goes btw for carnivores. The alpha-system is nice and all but it just doesn't make sense that all members of a pack hunt separate prey animals (at the same time). If the current fighting/hunting system will not be changed in the future at least it could be tweaked so that the alpha makes the kill and then all pack members feed on the same carcass.

However I think the new herding mechanic is ultimately ruined by the feeder system that is currently used.
(...)
And here is the problem. instead of heading to the same feeder or the same watering hole. The whole group split up and went into totally different directions. (...)

I've noticed that too and was hoping it was some kind of bug, because half the herd actually died of starvation *right beside a feeder*...

But, yeah, I still agree the herding still needs some further improvement because individual animals just wander too far away. I've also posted what I think could make herding/flocking realistic here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...reat-post-of-Dinosaur-Artificial-Intelligence

But, overall, it was a really nice and much needed addition to the game.

Top Bottom