Twitch Drops Cargo Breach

Meh, if it's free then I'm sure I can load up a muted tab somewhere and burn some bandwidth.

is it, though? free?

do we want frontier to actually work on the game and advance it to new heighs, or do we want to play along with social advertising for a crappy paint job? if lots of muted tabs heed this call i can only see them salivating at their view stats and doing more of this crap. not sure that's a good thing, even for free.

So, do we know how to link our Elite accounts to our twitch accounts?
On Tuesday 24 November at 16:30 (UTC), during our Supercruise News stream, we will be testing out the Twitch Drops system for the first time, so come along to earn drops!

Once you reach the required time for a drop, you will then need to follow the URL, link your Frontier account to your Twitch account, and then claim your reward.

That is a strange way to do it considering how I've seen it done with previous games. I should have read it more closely. Thank you.

FDev have said they're testing it for the first time - no-doubt Twitch's integration with Frontier's store system, plus the tracking/messaging system - so they probably want more control of this initial test's stages.

do we want frontier to actually work on the game and advance it to new heighs, or do we want to play along with social advertising for a crappy paint job?
I didn’t realize those were the two choices. How many of us need to skip the twitch stream in order to ensure the game advances to new heights? Do we need a 100% boycott or can like 4 or 5 people still watch the stream without bringing development to a grinding halt?

If it's anywhere industry standard, this is a cover to allow Frontier to sell your Data to Twitch and all its associates, which can then monetize that Data via its vast connected 3rd party analytica.

Effectively, this is what you're then consenting to : https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/privacy-notice/

Welcome to social engineering/networking, big data and global analytica.
If some digital junk earned by inflating view counts is worth selling out your privacy, that's up to you to decide. Your call.
One thing you can be 100.0% sure of : neither Frontier nor Twitch have anything free to give away. They want your data, which is very valuable and earns them alot of money.

Hmm, I'll give this a miss then. Having a passing aquaintance with the sort of data Facebook collects about people, I see no reason to make it easy for Amazon/Twitch to profile me in a simlar way ;)

sigh I bought these a long time ago, my wife's favorite color is purpose so every ship she has is some variant of purplelicious.

I didn’t realize those were the two choices. How many of us need to skip the twitch stream in order to ensure the game advances to new heights? Do we need a 100% boycott or can like 4 or 5 people still watch the stream without bringing development to a grinding halt?

i don't have the slightest idea. what i do know is that reinforcing asinine behavior just prompts for more asinine behavior, so i avoid that by principle and that's the least i can do.

lost battle? probably. anyway, what's at stake? a paint job? orly? i can well understand adults playing with pixel space ships, adults going nuts for paintjobs however is kind of sad.

Another vote here for publicising the address for account linking in advance of today's stream if possible. I realise this is a test, but if we can set it up in advance it would doubtless save a lot of trouble later. I hope once the account is linked it will also apply to content drops on future streams, in the same way as Warframe does it.

There, the content drops are automatically credited to your player account once you have watched the stream for long enough. It is a once-only set up and has worked well for me for their last couple of annual events. The only other requirement is that you must be logged in to your linked Twitch account while watching.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

We're delighted to announce that Twitch Drops are coming to select Elite Dangerous streams! During these streams, you will be able to earn drops just by watching!

On Tuesday 24 November at 16:30 (UTC), during our Supercruise News stream, we will be testing out the Twitch Drops system for the first time, so come along to earn drops!

Once you reach the required time for a drop, you will then need to follow the URL, link your Frontier account to your Twitch account, and then claim your reward.

Here are the rewards that we will be dropping and the times for tomorrow's stream:

View attachment 196524
Watch the stream for 15 minutes to be eligible for the Vibrant Purple Paint Job.

View attachment 196525
Watch the stream for 30 minutes to be eligible for the Purple SRV & Fighter Paint Jobs.

View attachment 196526
Watch the stream for a full hour and you will become eligible for the Purple Weapon and Engine Colours.​

After this stream, we will keep you up to date on any of our future streams featuring Twitch Drops.

o7

Just curious. How long does it take to paint these in Substance Painter? Coming from someone who's been using Substance for 3 years :)

I have a twitch account only to get free items in Warframe.
Heh. I think they started the twitch drops thing.
Also yeah we should be able to link NOW instead of later.

Frontier: hey, we’ve decided to give you absolutely free stuff nobody asked for as a prize for watching the stream most of you who take the time to post on the forums were already going to watch.

FORUM DWELLERS: I don’t like it for the following reasons...

Frontier (thinks but does not say out loud) OK then just don’t take it. If I offer you a sandwich you don’t have to complain about the sandwich. Saying, “No thanks” is a perfectly acceptable response...

I was moments away from buying the purple engine trail last night (already own the weapon color), I'm so glad I didn't do it, now I can get another paintjob with my extra arx. :cool:

Top Bottom