Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

As posts and information on this topic are getting posted in the Raxxla thread incorrectly, breaking it out here for usage. Note: This is NOT about Raxxla, this is a repost from Drew Wagar (not involved with Raxxla story line).

(added brighter image)

BTW - The final clue is in the image... -Drew
And yes, this final clue has been out over for a year now... -Drew

Text on left side of image (solved and confirmed by Drew):

Text: Zl ynfg erdhrfg vf gung lbh nyjnlf... Erzrzore.
ROT13: My last request is that you always... Remember.

Right hand of image text (unsolved):
eyketsoa
icineccans
rhT7aamtC7
oloRqExal
aAnonVt
1ieso
iypuloe
tnlhboRClar
H17nE
anlI7CDsD
typrrhSu
utlnsi
RcemoiecL8H
iein i
seedteMA
rleEes
aR2rCeha
CiieMls
eAti
xstfGu
a 9
u dAcH1
9baEaaata
WltQui
IrFseRa
irFna
0rrnoLT
iRtealaae
ohrierH4isi
Ctord
Vmiema
oaEufnxZrP
4h6iim
w 1un
yGwTsD
ea
Mbsuoib
alt
PmeiT4
oPoiO0nar
iuui
itScatsai6
Sumsnkpe
munVitiDo
diou
paI6K4r
nua
P5lytPe

5/2/2019 Update:

Drew Wagar's blog post on the image.
SOLILOQUY

This tapestry holds a secret.
Palimpsests and blueprints
While a universe unfolds.
An axis of dying light
That spins in the black.
But alas I can see
Its stars are locked.
For me, Dyhia,
I fear my script is lost.

“In quoting others, we cite ourselves.” — Julio Cortázar

The dots in the eyes are irrelevant - from Drew Wagar Stream

It was designed to defeat the techniques typically involved when encountering a puzzle. I'm fairly confident a brute force attempt will not work. It's requires a little subtlety in the approach, but all the clues are there.
The previous clue (the one I used to obfuscate the start point of the Salomé event) used a similar technique. This one is a bit more complex,
-Drew Wagar

Previous clue as mentioned above:
At Phaethon's Reach, Follow the Path of Souls, DB-IB Fi(0) T-1319 SUM(10,7,5,3)

Attachments

• RememberSalome.png
    RememberSalome.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:
The following was posted up onDrew's blog this evening, which looks to be linked:
drew blog said:
An axis of dying light
That spins in the black.
But alas I can see
Its stars are locked.
For me, Dyhia,

The following was posted up onDrew's blog this evening, which looks to be linked:

Searching around led me to the following from wikipedia:
"Dihya or Kahina was a Berber warrior queen and a religious and military leader..."

So it's definitely connected. But what the other lines refer to is unclear.
Neutron stars, permit locked systems, the Dark Wheel, the possibilities are many.

I interpreted it as a note from Drew to say that the original ED storyline (and therefore Drews works) have been superseded with the story going in a different direction, and he feels that it is a negative situation.

When Drew was around, oh, those were different times! Mystery, adventure, exploration, riddles, a real story to think about and finally, the April 29 event which may have turned out differently than desired, but still was epic and marks the definite climax in ED as a living universe. Zurara. What a great time we had! (y)

And no, not this 'worst of times' nonsense please. It may have felt so back then, but history decides. ED since then is pale by comparison, story-wise. Wishing Drew back.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
To start with. The difference of the letters in the first side was exactly 13 letters shifted. That could be important if there is some sort of a cypher on the list. Is the number 13 important to any cyphers or coding logic? Or anything relevent math wise. Or something even simpler possibly?!

2. Is it possible the list is a simple list of player names with simple scrambled letters. Who were the big named players in the event. Are there names represented in a simple scrambled form and not cypher needed besides reordering them?!

He was going on before about the systems from the original game. I found out about 31 of them are in galaxy 1 and only 1 in galaxy 4. I sadly can't continue searching because of linux/wine problems with alt tabbing atm. I was orignally curious if it held up the the same ammount of systems. But there are 48 names in that list. Unless I haven't found more yet. I was thinking maybe it was the original game. Palimpsests could describe the old lore being cherrypicked a bit and systems not existing. Probably not though.

BTW, what star is the peter pan qoute refering too? I can't find the answer online.

Last edited:
Drew added these comments to twitter today in regards to the picture puzzle at hand.

It was designed to defeat the techniques typically involved when encountering a puzzle. I'm fairly confident a brute force attempt will not work. It's requires a little subtlety in the approach, but all the clues are there.

The previous clue (the one I used to obfuscate the start point of the Salomé event) used a similar technique. This one is a bit more complex

It would help if I knew what he was talking about in the 2nd quote, does anyone know what the clue he refers to in the quote? What was this starting point puzzle? I took part in the event and I dont' recall that there was a puzzle involved to the start point.

Blimey, this new forum is a bit wacky isn't it? <looks around bewildered.>

It would help if I knew what he was talking about in the 2nd quote, does anyone know what the clue he refers to in the quote? What was this starting point puzzle? I took part in the event and I dont' recall that there was a puzzle involved to the start point.

That clue was as follows:

At Phaethon's Reach, Follow the Path of Souls, DB-IB Fi(0) T-1319 SUM(10,7,5,3)

The clue on the blog relates to the image (which I posted a year ago, but no one seemed to spot). It's a sort of 'tidy up' the all the previous Salomé clues. It's nothing new, as I've not had any input into ED since May 2017.

When Drew was around, oh, those were different times! Mystery, adventure, exploration, riddles, a real story to think about and finally, the April 29 event which may have turned out differently than desired, but still was epic and marks the definite climax in ED as a living universe. Zurara. What a great time we had! (y)

We had fun. :) Everything seems to be in-house nowadays, but there is no animosity between myself and Fdev as some have suggested. I see the various reps at most of the conventions etc and we're good - I even got to show Sally the original Elite on my old ZX Spectrum. ;)

I think Fdev could be better at story telling and I think they've always missed a trick in not fully leveraging the gold-mine of lore they have at their disposal, but it's their game at the end of the day to do with what they want. I'm glad to have made a contribution and happy to see folks are still referring to what we all did back then (it wasn't just me, but M. Brookes, the devs and many others were involved.)

Right on, Commanders.

Cheers,

Drew.

To start with. The difference of the letters in the first side was exactly 13 letters shifted. That could be important if there is some sort of a cypher on the list. Is the number 13 important to any cyphers or coding logic? Or anything relevent math wise. Or something even simpler possibly?!
ROT13 is the only reversible ROT cipher as it's half of 26.

Based on the frequency distribution of the letters it looks like some sort of scramble. (the spike at 'E' is present as is the dip at 'j' and 'q'. There is an over abundance of 'a', 'i', and a few other letters, but given the small sample size this is not too crazy of a deviation.)

The scaling to a 11x48 grid or so is probably important.

We had fun. :) Everything seems to be in-house nowadays, but there is no animosity between myself and Fdev as some have suggested.

Sounds like they don't plan to include you (or anyone) in future works, which is a shame.

Anyway the full original poem used is "The Cosmos' inner secrets" by Nicholas N, Drew only used part and altered it to suit his needs.
I can't seem to access the original but I've isolated his editing:

A secret
Palimpsests
While a universe unfolds
An axis of dying light
That spins in the black
Its stars are locked
Dihya

okay looking at the poem I spotted somethings as soon as I read it:

An axis of dying light
That spins in the black
Its stars are locked

these 3 lines seem to be pointing towards a secret station that is either tidally locked to a planet that its self is tidally locked to its star or it's in a permit locked system, either that or it is describing the dark wheel and a station associated with it

okay looking at the poem I spotted somethings as soon as I read it:

An axis of dying light
That spins in the black
Its stars are locked

these 3 lines seem to be pointing towards a secret station that is either tidally locked to a planet that its self is tidally locked to its star or it's in a permit locked system, either that or it is describing the dark wheel and a station associated with it
I made this assumption on a discord channels, funny that they shut down that idea immediately.

I suggest the planet was tidally locked and as the station itself is tidally locked to the planet it's attached to.

And to add to what I understand not all of the clues were used in Premonition to solve what could of been 2 places we were supposed to find. The Zurara was one

One huge clue that didn't fit The Zurara was this clue

"The restaurant itself was suspended twenty kilometers above the surface"

Which would explain the tidally locked station as it's closer to the surface of the body it's attached to.

Last edited:
I made this assumption on a discord channels, funny that they shut down that idea immediately.

I suggest the planet was tidally locked and as the station itself is tidally locked to the planet it's attached to.

And to add to what I understand not all of the clues were used in Premonition to solve what could of been 2 places we were supposed to find. The Zurara was one

One huge clue that didn't fit The Zurara was this clue

"The restaurant itself was suspended twenty kilometers above the surface"

Which would explain the tidally locked station as it's closer to the surface of the body it's attached to.

Mmm, “The Epsilon Eridani Crystal Sky restaurant”.
You might want to have a look near Epsilon Eridani ! 🙂

Last edited:
SOLILOQUY

An axis of dying light
That spins in the black.
But alas I can see
Its stars are locked.
For me, Dyhia,
___

I also wanted to separate the quote cause maybe it's a tip off. The Title of the post wasn't added considering it could also be a part of the clue

Hm. IIRC, "At Phaethon's Reach, Follow the Path of Souls, DB-IB Fi(0) T-1319 SUM(10,7,5,3)" revealed the Salome chase starting location, 46 Eridani, but I forgot how it was finally deciphered. As a similar technique is used here, this may be a start.

EDIT: Found the explanation for the 46. Fibonacci, ofc...

And the Zurarawas found via a lengthy poem some "Hamsters" had posted on Galnet. Could be the cryptic part on the right is another such poem, and the "Remember" quote is the key phrase. Or something in this direction.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
" This tapestry holds a secret.
Palimpsests and blueprints "

I recall the Elite manual had a lot of picture backdrops of blueprints among other stuff I didn't really understand.

Top Bottom