Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

"I recall the Elite manual had a lot of picture backdrops of blueprints among other stuff I didn't really understand."

For some reason this triggered an idea. Reorte / Lave / Leesti from classic elite line up VERY well with the glints in the left eye. Is 'Remember...' a hint asking us to look back to the original elite or something from the old timeline?

" This tapestry holds a secret.
Palimpsests and blueprints "

I recall the Elite manual had a lot of picture backdrops of blueprints among other stuff I didn't really understand.

Blueprints is a nice clue. Because such blueprints appear in Premonition as well, referring to Bill Turner's wake concealment device.

‘You live an interesting life,’ Elvira said. ‘Now, let’s talk payment. Bill’s wake suppression technology. I want a blueprint.’ Tsu held up a commtab. ‘It’s all here. Blueprints, requirements, schematics.’ ‘Show me.’ Tsu tapped a command on the surface of the commtab and then directed it towards the holofac transmitter on a nearby table. It lit up, casting a complex representation of the mechanism in the space above, slowly rotating. She passed it to Salomé. ‘Fascinating,’ Elvira said, giving the display a cursory glance. ‘Trade?’ Salomé pressed her hand down on the holofac system, confirming her unlock code. Elvira did the same beside her. ‘And here’s your data.’

‘And the wake concealment technology?’ said the man identified as Society. He wasn’t as large as the first man, but he was also somewhat overweight, his voice jovial and upbeat. ‘We don’t want to forget that now, do we?’ ‘The prototype was installed aboard her ship,’ Bill replied. ‘My engineers are removing it now. We will have the blueprints and necessary construction details transferred in the next few hours.’

It could also point to MetaDrive, Chi Orionis and the Raan Corsen thread, but IIRC the book explicitly says the data extracted from Corsen's Viper was not a blueprint.

O7,
🙃

To add to this:
he said the whole thing is not "so sophisticated" (in regards to the dots and the picture) and if nobody comes up with a solution in the next weeks he might give out more "bread crumps".
The solution is "in the letters of the text".

Bingo, and to complete the explanation, Eridani came from the "Path of Souls", which was another name for the Eridanus River in Greek mythology. So there may be a bit of mythology in the mix too?

While i was browsing around the pages for the previous clue, i found this quote about the Formidine Rift mystery being the "tapestry of threads seen from behind", but i can't find the source Jorki Rasalas is quoting from in that comment. It way be just a coincidental use of the word tapestry, but it's framed as if they were referencing a previous clue.

You need to look through the Formidine Rift threads (four of them; good luck, I’ve had no success in searching for old posts with this new forum structure). It was (if I remember correctly) Drew Wagar himself who said "tapestry of threads seen from behind" meaning the FRifters were only seeing a part of the puzzle.

Cross-post from Alien Archeology thread:

Well, been following the threads, twitters etc on this. The high def picture is at
https://www.drewwagar.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/RememberSalome.png

Edit, jpg at: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5TT-N1WwAElcUO.jpg

I see the red text on LHS has been decoded, but the red text on RHS is as yet unsolved.

However on my ipad I zoomed in quite close to her face & it looks to me like this has some very strange textures; I suspect this is actually two images overlaid (or steganography?) -which would fit with the “palimpsests and blueprints” line from the poem. Unfortunately I have neither skills nor tools to do any image manipulation to explore this hypothesis- anybody want to have a go?

"The restaurant itself was suspended twenty kilometers above the surface" What was the system named in Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Douglas Adams), where the restaurant resided?

BTW I remembered and wished we all could all still be part of an open only storyline of such epic proportions. I consider the whole Salome event to still be the pinnacle of my ED experience.

Thank you Drew.

He meant the TEXT in the Picture. Not the face.

The image was posted a yr ago by Drew Wagar, no one could figure out what he meant when this was posted.
Then he posted the same image and he "clean" it up to make it more obvious. The first image never had text

Alright listen,
I've been in the stream today. He was asked about all those picture theories and he said that it's not about the face.
He didn't even chose it.
He said the solution is in the text itself.
There is nothing to interpret there. He was very clear and even joked about it.
If you still want to believe it's about the face, it's your thing to do. I just wanted to help and save you unnecessary work.

I'll be out here now...

Then what type of cypher or logic could be related to the number 13 and shifting in a rotation or 26 or whatever the main text did. Or is it unrelated to figuring out the rest of it?

Alright listen,
I've been in the stream today. He was asked about all those picture theories and he said that it's not about the face.
He didn't even chose it.
He said the solution is in the text itself.
There is nothing to interpret there. He was very clear and even joked about it.
If you still want to believe it's about the face, it's your thing to do. I just wanted to help and save you unnecessary work.

I'll be out here now...
Thanks for your clarification. I didnt watch the livestream, will try & catch up on it today. How far into the stream did he say there was no steganography involved?

Hm. As a working hypothesis, I think the Keyphrase is "Remember". The text on the right contains lower and upper key chars, spaces and numbers in a columned layout which seems to be no coincidence. Tried several text cyphers on both the plain text and the ROT13 version (as the key was ROT13ed as well), but to no conclusion.

The locked system from the soliloquy may well be Col 70, as IIRC Kahina and her band came from there on the 29th. Col == column?

O7,
🙃

I interpreted it as a note from Drew to say that the original ED storyline (and therefore Drews works) have been superseded with the story going in a different direction, and he feels that it is a negative situation.

Or it's a suggestion that the story isn't going in a new direction. Perhaps what's been happening over the past couple years is a feint in response to the events of Premonition.

Top Bottom