Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

Just go about your stuff... keep doing the puzzle if you're into it. If you beat me to reveal it.. I'm fine with that. I'm stuck doing emergency preparations for cyber attacks at work, real life has to come first.
That's fair but be minded that there is a number of people waiting for your reveal. Real life can be tough, although if you please give us something to confirm that you have solved it, it'd be most appreciated. As you may agree there were many claims has been made without a proof in this community. Gratz on the solution and good luck IRL.

Just a heads up Bognogus is having internet problems so this is getting more complicated then it needs to be to reveal something.

Better keep a spare notebook power supply in reserve. This whole thing seems to be ridden with technical issues. But then, the truth will find its way one day!

O7, patient as a Thargoid,
🙃

Hmm, yes, a series of unfortunate events. I remember something similar happening once with an apparent solution to the solving of the Thargoid probe transmission.

[coughs but almost sounds like hoax]

Just to let you all know Bognogus has nothing to due with solving the puzzle, mach10 made a deal with bog on streaming it on his twitch account. The internet issue that Bog is having isn't the first time. He had this run in before during a charity event you can all thank Comcast for that one.

Other then that it was just us waiting on mach10.

This whole thing of working getting involved right at the time of figuring out the puzzle was too coincidental. All his doing is pushing back time for what to lie/troll maybe? To get attention probably. Sad part is this topic died due to his announcement of "I figured it out", personally it kills the mood for most people working on the solution and his the one that started this topic. I'm not even sure who is even working on it now personally. What's worse if he has been trolling, he didn't just troll this forum, he trolled Bognogus and a lot of people on the discord.

I already had my skepticism when Monday started and it just got worse even further. I'm thinking of screen capturing the stuff he posted on the discord and see if anyone can find any relevance to what he talking about.

Should be 61 capital characters. Not 60. Convert the text into, "Courier New," font to read it correctly. I made a bunch of errors because of this before realizing some of the characters were not what I thought they were. It also aligns characters evenly.

And it's possible the one number is 17 and not 1 and 7. So, there could be 21 or 22 numbers.

I was also curious if the combined capital letters were already properly together. This could mean up to 4 values of XX for 4 system names. Also, If the puzzle is hiding that poem there are like 99 or 106 extra characters. Maybe 95. I forget the numbers. I posted them all somewhere. Might help figure it out. If the poem is the majority of the text the extra data might be the clue. When you subtrace the numbers and capital letters the poem and data have almost the same values. The difference is made up for by the fact that some of those capital letters would be in the poem shifting the numbers to basically exact. You could figure out what was taken from where by just looking at the comparison.

Last edited:
Should be 61 capital characters. Not 60. Convert the text into, "Courier New," font to read it correctly. I made a bunch of errors because of this before realizing some of the characters were not what I thought they were. It also aligns characters evenly.

I'm just posting pictures of the steps he took and hints he was giving out. I have no involvement in his process.

And it's possible the one number is 17 and not 1 and 7. So, there could be 21 or 22 numbers.

I was also curious if the combined capital letters were already properly together. This could mean up to 4 values of XX for 4 system names. Also, If the puzzle is hiding that poem there are like 99 or 106 extra characters. Maybe 95. I forget the numbers. I posted them all somewhere. Might help figure it out. If the poem is the majority of the text the extra data might be the clue. When you subtrace the numbers and capital letters the poem and data have almost the same values. The difference is made up for by the fact that some of those capital letters would be in the poem shifting the numbers to basically exact. You could figure out what was taken from where by just looking at the comparison.

He mentions Julio Cortázar toward the end of the post being used. Recall freahkosoe mentioning Cortázar's Hopscotch

I think I'm on to something.

There are 25 characters left if you assume the poem is imbeded in the text and none of the punctuation is present.

That leaves a potential for 4 system coordiantes only. And it leaves a default of 24 characters for standard system coordiantes XX-X X#-#. If this is true that means to get 25 you have to use H17 as one of the system names.

So we could be looking for 4 system names one with XX-X H17-#.

T7, C7, H17, I7, L8, R2, H1, H4, T4, O0, I6, K4, P5.(13 capital letters and 13-14 numbers) That means we could be dealing with up to 11 system names.

RC, CD, MA, LT (2x4=8)and up to 4 via this logic. Assuming the letters can only be system names if they are already clumped together in the text.

Independent capitals: (40)
R E, A V, E, D, S, R H, E, C, C M, A, G, A, E, W Q, I F R, F, R, C, V, E Z P, G T D, M, P, P, S, S, V D, P

Independent numbers: (8-9)
1, 7?, 9, 9, 0, 4 6, 1, 6

All numbers: (21-22)
7 7, 1, 17, 7, 8, 2, 9, 1, 9, 0, 4, 4 6, 1, 4, 0, 6, 6 4, 5

I think this means were are trying to weed out the poem to find the correct numbers and letters etc. Then we have to decipher it or visa versa. Although this means there is also no sector name present in the 4 coordinates.

Does anyone know which of:

RC, CD, MA, LT

Can make legitimate system names. Or are they all viable? Assuming they aren't changed to other values somehow.

That then assumes only 220 characters from the poem.

Edit: Scratch all of that. I wasn't thinking that out correctly. 245 is what is left after removing the capital and numbers. Could still be more. But I still think we will have 4 system names. We just need to figure out how to figure out the poem characters... If we can figure out which ones line up to which words like Palimpsests we could figure it out.

I think only one word had 11 characters. That might be the one to play with.

Nope:

tnlhboRClar; 11
RcemoiecL8H; 11 (/wo# 10)
ohrierH4isi; 11 (/wo# 10)

But only one without any numbers in it. Could this be the word Palimpsests:

tnlhboRClar; 11

Although it does have two capitals which might throw this off.

If there is a direct connection between letters a number/letter cound it needed to figure out if there is a way to directly find equivilent letters. As long as there is only one letter per letter.

WIP

(/wo# x) = How many character without numbers being present.

eyketsoa; 8
icineccans; 10
rhT7aamtC7; 10 (/wo# 8)
oloRqExal; 9
aAnonVt; 7
1ieso; 5 (/wo# 4)
iypuloe; 7
tnlhboRClar; 11
H17nE; 5 (/wo# 3)
anlI7CDsD; 9 (/wo# 8)
typrrhSu; 8
utlnsi; 6
RcemoiecL8H; 11 (/wo# 10)
***iein i; 4,1 (5)
seedteMA; 8
rleEes; 6
aR2rCeha; 8 (/wo# 7)
CiieMls; 7
eAti; 4
xstfGu; 6
***a 9; 1,1 (2)(/wo# 1)
***u dAcH1; 1,5 (6)(/wo# 1, 4(5))
9baEaaata; 9 (/wo# 8)
WltQui; 6
IrFseRa; 7
irFna; 5
0rrnoLT; 7 (/wo# 6)
iRtealaae; 9
ohrierH4isi; 11 (/wo# 10)
Ctord; 5
Vmiema; 6
oaEufnxZrP; 10
4h6iim; 6 (/wo# 4)
***w 1un; 1,3 (4) (/wo# 1,2(3))
yGwTsD; 6
ea; 2
Mbsuoib; 7
alt; 3
PmeiT4; 6
oPoiO0nar; 9 (/wo# 8)
iuui; 4
itScatsai6; 10 (/wo# 9)
Sumsnkpe; 8
minVitiDo; 9
diou; 4
paI6K4r; 7 (/wo# 6)
nua; 3
P5lytPe;7 (/wo# 6)

318? /wo #

a: 34; b: 4, c: 12, d: 7, e: 30, f: 4, g: 2, h: 10, i: 35, j: 0, k: 2, l: 15, m: 11, n: 17, o: 18, p: 9, q: 2, r: 21, s: 18, t: 21, u: 14, v: 2, w: 3, x: 2, y: 5, z: 1

299?

(9)SOLILOQUY(9)

(24-25)This(4) tapestry(8) holds(5) a(1) secret. (6-7)
(24)Palimpsests(11) and(3) blueprints(10)
(21-22)While(5) a(1) universe(8) unfolds.(7-8)
(18)An(2) axis(4) of(2) dying(5) light(5)
(19-20)That(4) spins(5) in(2) the(3) black.(5-6)
(14)But(3) alas(4) I(1) can(3) see(3)
(17-18)Its(3) stars(5) are(3) locked.(6-7)
(10-12)For(3) me,(2-3) Dyhia,(5-6)
(19-20)I(1) fear(4) my(2) script(6) is(2) lost.(4-5)

(43-48)“In(2-3) quoting(7) others,(6-7) we(2) cite(4) ourselves.”(9-11) —(1) Julio(5) Cortázar(8)

218 letters + 12 other characters. Total 230

a: 17-18; b: 3, c: 7, d: 6, e: 20, f: 3, g: 3, h: 8, i: 21, j: 1, k: 2, l: 14, m: 3, n: 11, o: 13, p: 6, q: 2, r: 13, s: 24, t: 19, u: 8, v: 2, w: 2, x: 1, y: 5, z: 1

216 <- Still miscounting.

If we figure out the exact ammount of upper and lower case we can examine it to figure out some of the letters. And infer others. Like that s is either A or E. Further applying of capital letters can narrow down more info and give us a partial translation and means to analyze how it we encoded.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which of:

RC, CD, MA, LT

Can make legitimate system names. Or are they all viable? Assuming they aren't changed to other values somehow.
It depends on the masscode of the system

RC, CD and MA are legitimate for the A, B, C and D masscodes
LT is legitimate for the A, B, C, D and E masscodes (but for the E masscode it has to be followed by Q and be in cycle 5, so it would have to take the form LT-Q e5-#)
None of them are legitimate for the F, G or H masscodes

There are going to be more restrictions like the LT-Q e5- one on some of the other masscodes as well, but that would take longer to calculate and be an extensive list: I can do some more validation if you have further guesses about the subsequent characters.

Masscode H systems are all of the form AA-A H# - you can't have H17-# in a procedural system name, but you could have something like AA-A h171 without the dash if you were sufficiently close to the galactic core, and get the numbers that way.

Alternative you could have something more standard like b3-13 to get an extra number that way.

(This is all assuming the names are part of a major region like Synuefe - if it's a smaller region like Col 285 or a really small one like a nebula, the masscode rules are a bit different, and only the lightest masscodes are likely to be viable)

Top Bottom