Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

So as always I'm late to the party...you guys saying that this mystery is yet to be fully solved? Even if it is something silly like credits or has something huge to do with the Rift area, it's still not complete?

The right side of the image has not yet been solved, though it's probably something like some kind of credits.

Anyone else look that the Soliloquy and the diff check I posted? Also... Remember that quote on the bottom..?

“In quoting others, we cite ourselves.” — Julio Cortázar

Diff Check:
a secret.
Palimpsests
While a universe unfolds.
An axis
spins black.
locked.
Dihya,

Wow, gotta love that Fibonacci usage... isolated first set of numbers and know the order.. working on alignment.... not sure on second or possibly third set.

Last edited:
All numbers in order of appearance:

7 7 1 1 7 7 8 2 9 1 9 0 4 4 6 1 4 0 6 6 4 5

Edit: For a second I thought I had something, because the 22nd fibonacci number is 17711 and I thought it was the same as the first few numbers... but it's not

Might have to take into acount clustered numbers too. One of those numbers may be 17. Plus most or all of the numbers have capital letters next to them or after.. it's interesting. Didn't think of the lack of 3 thing and it being the same. That might explain that part. There are also a few letters not in the puzzle. One of B. I did a whole list of both but I don't remember. I think j or g or something is not in it also.

T7 C7, R E, A V, 1, RC, H17 E, I7CD D, S, R L8H, MA, E, R2 C, C M, A, G, 9, A H1, 9 E, W Q, I F R, F, 0 LT, R, H4,
C, V, E Z P, 4 6, 1, G T D, M, P T4, P O0, S 6, S, V D, I6K4, P5 P

Numbers:
7 7, 1, 17, 7, 8, 2, 9, 1, 9, 0, 4, 4 6, 1, 4, 0, 6, 6 4, 5 = 21 or 22 numbers And what is fibonacci 0? 10? if 0 is 0 then 3 is 4...
Fibonacci:

0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987, 1597 Note: nothing over 1000 if 0 is 10. 3 digits max.
Basic: 7 7, 1, 17 or _1-7, 7, _8, 2, 9, 1, 9, 0, 4, 4 6, 1, 4, 0, 6, 6 4, 5
0= 10: 8 8, 0,987 or _0-8, 8, 13, 1,21, 0,21,34, 2, 2 5, 0, 2,23, 5, 5 2, 3
0 = 0:13 13,1,1597or 1-13,13, 21, 1,34, 1,34, 0, 3, 3 8, 1, 3, 0, 8, 8 3, 5
Squeshing numbers in words: 77, 1, 17, 7, 8, 2, 9, 1, 9, 0, 4, 46, 1, 4, 0, 6, 64, 5

Number of word with numbers in order: (top to bottom)(counts each line as a word. Does not take into account spaces.)
3, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17, 21, 22, 23, 27, 29, 33, 34, 39, 40, 42, 46, 48

Letters:
T C, R E, A V, RC, H E, I CD D, S, R L H, MA, E, R C, C M, A, G, A H, E, W Q, I F R, F, LT, R, H, C, V, E Z P, G T D, M, P T, P O, S , S, V D, I K, P P

That diff check is interesting. It's basically a statement in itself.

Last edited:
eyketsoa
icineccans
rhT7aamtC7
oloRqEXal
aAnonVt
1ieso
iypuloe
tnlhboRClar
H17nE
anll7CDsD
typrrhSu
utlnsi
RcemoiecL8H
ieini
seedteMA
rleEes
aR2rCeha
CiieMls
eAti
xstfGu
a9
udAcH1
9baEaaata
WlttQui
IrFseRa
irFna
0rrnoLT
iRtealaae
ohrierH4isi
Ctord
Vmiema
oaEufnXZrP
4h6iim
w1n
yGwTsD
ea
Mbsuoib
alt
PmeiT4
oPoiO0nar
iuui
itScatsai6
Sumsnkpe
munVitiDo
diou
pal6K4r
nua
P5lytPe

this is the RHS within an Excel Sheet. As the starter said: read the columns, 48/2; break them down. Look at the point to start.

Go and play with it. I am still fumbling around.

could work with this. Is there a possibility to have all permutations from 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 done automatically? Little program in python or C?

Last edited:
All numbers in order of appearance:

7 7 1 1 7 7 8 2 9 1 9 0 4 4 6 1 4 0 6 6 4 5

Edit: For a second I thought I had something, because the 22nd fibonacci number is 17711 and I thought it was the same as the first few numbers... but it's not
The table below shows the Fibonachi sequence, the orange dots shows the numbers obtained from the right hand text

The table below in a previous post I showed the Fibonachi numbers obtained from the right hand text list of numbers, for sure, F21, F22, F23, not sure about working out, F0, F9

Last edited:
I'm out of ideas tbh. Still, 48 letters in the 'Remember' quote just fit too nicely the 48 lines on the right. As the thing seems to have been on the website for more than a year, Drew obviously expected us to solve the thing by the picture alone, that is, without the help of the Soliloquy. If that's right, the latter only provides additional clues on the technique used, but not the key itself. Not that it helps me that much, that is. What I do think, though, is that the left hand message was there first, and the right hand part was arranged so that it fits the
"Remember" part's length.

Looking at the text, it looks odd. Even though the letter frequency may hint at a substitution cipher, there are way too many digits there, even if we take into account that there may be system names in the text. Furthermore, all of the previous riddles, including the Hamster message, always started with capital letters (on each line even). Same is true for the Soliloquy. I think it's unlikely this thing does not as well, so 'eyketsoa' should start with a capital too, but the rest of these characters should not. Therefore, there must either be a positional encoding involved or some of the characters have to be filtered out (palimpsest?) by a yet unknown rule. The only palimpsests I know of are old Bible manuscripts where the original text was scraped off and something new was written on top of it. Possibly, the candle is a hint that we should hold this text against a light to see what's been there before. But from there, I'm out of suggestions.

I somehow do not think Drew really expected us to decode character by character individually. The solution must be easier than that.

EDIT: The 'Remember' part only has 48 letters if you put 2 spaces behind the 3 dots. IMHO it is so in the graphics, though.

O7,
🙃

This might be intersting. Maybe use the one side to solve the other one. Is it easy on purpose to give a solution to the other side? Maybe the letter order of the ROT13 result tells us what to do with the 48 lines of letters. In fact it's only one character short of 48 if you include spaces.

The table below shows the Fibonachi sequence, the orange dots shows the numbers obtained from the right hand text

The table below in a previous post I showed the Fibonachi numbers obtained from the right hand text list of numbers, for sure, F21, F22, F23, not sure about working out, F0, F9

Glad you caught that too... I'm just about done with the text unscramble..

Last edited:
I always go back to trying brute force after an idea doesn't pan out. I'm trying to make a custom dictionary with star names (HD, HIP, Synuefe, Col 70)
If it is a list, whether it's the names of stars or players, that would explain why it is so difficult to crack with brute force. I think a lot of the names only exist in ED, so the programs wouldn't recognize the patterns. Is there a list of all of the sector names in ED?

Guys, you combine the numbers, they are fibonacci sequence numbers 21,22 and 23. Staring at key that fits the lock and you throw it away and just try to kick the door in... SMH

Guys, you combine the numbers, they are fibonacci sequence numbers 21,22 and 23. Staring at key that fits the lock and you throw it away and just try to kick the door in... SMH
If you are so confident in your method, why don't you solve the cipher and show us the answer?
If you don't like how other people go about it, ignore it and do your own thing. Having more people exploring different methods could give the answer sooner.

Bruteforced via Myszkowski Transposition disregarding numbers and spaces could be total bunk tho.View attachment 139821
The word dynesty is also right next to the word gateway. And like with other words the correct character is near by. The a for dynasty is both before and right after it. Does the number shift reveal anything? We have a few examples there.

And Darkwheel status is right next to Prettys. Is this a wizard of oz thing?

Also, I was going over some sumerian stuff. I forgot EA is a god there also.

Edit: Thought of something else too.There are some small words that can't be many words. Like EA and IUUI. That one thing came up with noon. How many words can have that arrangement in english. maybe we just have to use common sense to think of what it could be. Assuming it's a correct order.

Also, on the ea thing. He was the god of wisdom etc. In the bible the keys too heaven can be interpreted as knowledge which can be the same as wisdom. So the Keys to ea could be the keys to heaven or the keys to wisdom. Maybe this is the key. Maybe wisdom or knowledge. Or is there a specific story with ea that gives an answer? I was just reading. I think ea is Mesopotamian not sumerian. But some stuff says he's equal to enkil.

His connection with water meant that Ea was also the patron deity of cleaners

Last edited:
Ok potential words:

iuui: (13) kook, poop, sees, abba, noon, peep, naan, toot, keek, otto, boob, deed, anna
ea: (94) too many to list.
eyketsoa: (402) holy crap.
icineccans: (0) interesting
rhT7aamtC7: (0)
oloRqExal: (8)
aAnonVt: (0)
1ieso: (5665)
iypuloe: (7659)
tnlhboRClar: (7) one of them is, "friendships!" 8d
H17nE: (5665) must be something to do with the numbers.
anlI7CDsD: (212)
typrrhSu: (572) I deem this one officially, "snuffled."
etc.

Last edited:
Good idea on the word length and what they could be...assuming they are in the correct order.

Anyway, going back to original quote from DW = uses a similar technique. I know a lot of people jumped on Fibonacci at the time and I didn't know better to say anything but I think he just meant the technique was the same, to avoid brute force.

In that puzzle it was broken down into 2 (3) separate parts- the first part is a word puzzle that leads to Eridani. The 2nd is split into 2 more 'bits' The (sum=fib) bit tells you what to do with the numbers separately. So there are 2 distinct puzzles/riddles, broken down or split up into 3 separate parts, perhaps separated by 'junk' text, perhaps not, we still don't know.

So I think DW meant that this one was in 2 or3 parts, maybe overlaid (palimpsest), maybe with junk letters (which must have a key to remove or ignore).

LHS - ROT13 nice and simple - good spot it also has a key

RHS - no further help but sure its not as simple as 1 fib sequence or alternate letters like in the RxExBxExCxCxAx one.

I did wonder whether this one was a 'revisit' to all the old ones and they are all included somewhere but got nowhere with that.

And finally, by taking out the Capitals and then just making words up in order I get:

THARGIODS! Rings a bell but I cant place it, does anybody know of any THARGIODS? oh well never mind.....

Good idea on the word length and what they could be...assuming they are in the correct order.

Anyway, going back to original quote from DW = uses a similar technique. I know a lot of people jumped on Fibonacci at the time and I didn't know better to say anything but I think he just meant the technique was the same, to avoid brute force.

In that puzzle it was broken down into 2 (3) separate parts- the first part is a word puzzle that leads to Eridani. The 2nd is split into 2 more 'bits' The (sum=fib) bit tells you what to do with the numbers separately. So there are 2 distinct puzzles/riddles, broken down or split up into 3 separate parts, perhaps separated by 'junk' text, perhaps not, we still don't know.

So I think DW meant that this one was in 2 or3 parts, maybe overlaid (palimpsest), maybe with junk letters (which must have a key to remove or ignore).

LHS - ROT13 nice and simple - good spot it also has a key

RHS - no further help but sure its not as simple as 1 fib sequence or alternate letters like in the RxExBxExCxCxAx one.

I did wonder whether this one was a 'revisit' to all the old ones and they are all included somewhere but got nowhere with that.

And finally, by taking out the Capitals and then just making words up in order I get:

View attachment 139864

THARGIODS! Rings a bell but I cant place it, does anybody know of any THARGIODS? oh well never mind.....

Perhaps dyslexic thargoids are expelled from the hive and left to wander the verse alone; perhaps they found Raxxla!

now you got my attention
It's not just boob. it's boob, poop, toot, abba, anna!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsjAbZDx-4

We must now go over the entirety of abba's music soundtracks to find the answer!

This is without question the source of the Salome picture!!!

Source: https://youtu.be/dQsjAbZDx-4?t=83

I'm honestly starting to think this pic is from this video and this song. It fits. A fight for liberty. The stars were bright, Fernando

Can you hear the drums Fernando
I remember long ago another starry night like this
In the firelight Fernando
You were humming to yourself and softly strumming your guitar
I could hear the distant drums
And sounds of bugle calls were coming from afar
They were closer now Fernando
Every hour every minute seemed to last eternally
I was so afraid Fernando
We were young and full of life and none of us prepared to die
And I'm not ashamed to say
The roar of guns and cannons almost made me cry