Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit but had nothing to contribute until now.

Thanks to all the previous posts about transposition cyphers, I have the solution. The boxentriq.com web solver seems to deal badly with spaces and numbers (they don't appear in the grid) so it's garbling the output, but it's the right approach.

It's taken me some playing about with line lengths and spacing to get the alignment, but it's actually simple.

First, just concatenate the words and split them into 4 lines:

eyketsoaicineccansrhT7aamtC7oloRqExalaAnonVt1iesoiypuloetnlhboRClarH17nEanlI7CDsDty
prrhSuutlnsiRcemoiecL8Hiein iseedteMArleEesaR2rCehaCiieMlseAtixstfGua 9udAcH19baEaa
ataWltQuiIrFseRairFna0rrnoLTiRtealaaeohrierH4isiCtordVmiemaoaEufnxZrP4h6iimw1unyGw
TsDeaMbsuoibaltPmeiT4oPoiO0nariuuiitScatsai6SumsnkpemunVitiDodioupaI6K4rnuaP5lytPe

You can now start to read words starting with capitals and going upwards. So let's transpose it, then add some spaces shifting the columns down, to make the words and phrases line up. These spaces are all in the middle of phrases.

Tape
stry
Dark
Whe
elSt
atus
Quo
Muta
bili
sInc
ursi
oFin
isRe
becc
aRec
lama
tion
Pris
mFer
ench
iaLT
T 87
40Ha
oria
Prem
onit
ionC
OL 7
0Tio
nisl
aReo
rteR
iedq
uatE
ulex
iaMa
iaAl
tera
SolA
chen
arEo
tien
sesV
arat
iHR
Siri
usCe
mies
sCho
ntai
koCy
prip
ediu
mVel
umMo
nile
Vest
imen
taAl
ioth
Daib
oExo
dusR
iftC
onfl
uxGa
pZur
araH
IP 1
Khun
46 E
rida
niAn
umcl
awHI
P 17
519C
lubD
ynas
tyED
PGat
eway

And the final list:

Tapestry
Dark Wheel
Status Quo
Mutabilis
Incursio
Finis
Rebecca
Reclamation
Prism
Ferenchia
LTT 8740
Haoria
Premonition
COL 70
Tionisla
Reorte
Riedquat
Eulexia
Maia
Altera
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
HR 6421
Sirius
Cemiess
Chontaiko
Cypripedum
Velum
Monile
Vestimenta
Alioth
Daibo
Exodus
Rift
Conflux
Gap
Zurara
HIP 16497
Khun
46 Eridani
Anumclaw
HIP 17519
Club
Dynasty
EDP
Gateway

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread, it's been fun following. And to Drew, of course.

congratulations also...now...Drew...ist THIS the solution...;-)

I am very happy you and we all did come so far. 2 Years....remember...It was a great job!

Thank you all!!

Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit but had nothing to contribute until now.

Thanks to all the previous posts about transposition cyphers, I have the solution. The boxentriq.com web solver seems to deal badly with spaces and numbers (they don't appear in the grid) so it's garbling the output, but it's the right approach.

It's taken me some playing about with line lengths and spacing to get the alignment, but it's actually simple.

First, just concatenate the words and split them into 4 lines:

eyketsoaicineccansrhT7aamtC7oloRqExalaAnonVt1iesoiypuloetnlhboRClarH17nEanlI7CDsDty
prrhSuutlnsiRcemoiecL8Hiein iseedteMArleEesaR2rCehaCiieMlseAtixstfGua 9udAcH19baEaa
ataWltQuiIrFseRairFna0rrnoLTiRtealaaeohrierH4isiCtordVmiemaoaEufnxZrP4h6iimw1unyGw
TsDeaMbsuoibaltPmeiT4oPoiO0nariuuiitScatsai6SumsnkpemunVitiDodioupaI6K4rnuaP5lytPe

You can now start to read words starting with capitals and going upwards. So let's transpose it, then add some spaces shifting the columns down, to make the words and phrases line up. These spaces are all in the middle of phrases.

Tape
stry
Dark
Whe
elSt
atus
Quo
Muta
bili
sInc
ursi
oFin
isRe
becc
aRec
lama
tion
Pris
mFer
ench
iaLT
T 87
40Ha
oria
Prem
onit
ionC
OL 7
0Tio
nisl
aReo
rteR
iedq
uatE
ulex
iaMa
iaAl
tera
SolA
chen
arEo
tien
sesV
arat
iHR
Siri
usCe
mies
sCho
ntai
koCy
prip
ediu
mVel
umMo
nile
Vest
imen
taAl
ioth
Daib
oExo
dusR
iftC
onfl
uxGa
pZur
araH
IP 1
Khun
46 E
rida
niAn
umcl
awHI
P 17
519C
lubD
ynas
tyED
PGat
eway

And the final list:

Tapestry
Dark Wheel
Status Quo
Mutabilis
Incursio
Finis
Rebecca
Reclamation
Prism
Ferenchia
LTT 8740
Haoria
Premonition
COL 70
Tionisla
Reorte
Riedquat
Eulexia
Maia
Altera
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
HR 6421
Sirius
Cemiess
Chontaiko
Cypripedum
Velum
Monile
Vestimenta
Alioth
Daibo
Exodus
Rift
Conflux
Gap
Zurara
HIP 16497
Khun
46 Eridani
Anumclaw
HIP 17519
Club
Dynasty
EDP
Gateway

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread, it's been fun following. And to Drew, of course.
Congrats :) Very nice, thanks for sharing

Um, TIONISLAREORTERIEDQUAT ;)

And then there's:
SOLACHENAREOTIENSESVARATI =>
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
Given drews past emphasis in his blog I think he was leading us to this puzzle answer somehow. TEORE tionisla rediquate. I don't think it reort. I think it's the system he emphasized in his video previous on his raxxla theory. The one where he emphasized original systems in the game and which ones were still there!!

NVM, just saw the word solution.(Although thinking about it. I think we should further explore this idea.)

Wait, just when I figured out it's his declaration to join the Abba fan club by becoming a woman and hence the abba singers look a like! Tell me it isn't so Drew!!! Tell us you are still going through with it!(Maybe the game ran out of money and he didn't get paid as much as he thought to go through with it...)

I still think that is the hidden message underneath all of this. For those in the know!! ;d

Last edited:
Yea, is it how the events transpired or do those systems need a visit in order?!

The question are there any other puzzles hidden underneath. This the easy one for us to get and another one laying beneath?!

And now we only have the raxxla thread. This one at least had something to actually figure out! ^;D

Does this mean the players who killed off drew/salome were helping to hide something for the club, or does it mean drew also works for the club and this is all staged?!

Last edited:
With all this cryptography it would be easy to slip in information without it looking like there was any information. We can never be sure! 8p

The Oolite series of books are not relevant to the Salomé storyline & clearly can be deleted. But there are other words in that list that I don’t recognise. Drew, can you explain your list please? 🙁

This tapestry holds a secret...

Tapestry was the first word so showed where to split the text, not sure if the rest was relevant as such or just flowering along the same lines but more of a hint than a clue

I would be interested to know what the meaning of the SOLILOQUY was (axis, locked stars...). Was that referring to the transposition cipher? :)
Stars are locked = no transforming or changing them, the letters are as is but out of order
the LHS text the way it was presented as one column hinted at the columnar transposition

okay looking at the poem I spotted somethings as soon as I read it:

An axis of dying light
That spins in the black
Its stars are locked

these 3 lines seem to be pointing towards a secret station that is either tidally locked to a planet that its self is tidally locked to its star or it's in a permit locked system, either that or it is describing the dark wheel and a station associated with it
Dark Wheel? confirmed?!

Top Bottom