Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

The numbers from using remember as a key in the one cipher produced letters 1-4. Thought it might have had to do with the arrangement. I'll assume not. 8)

Doesn't that make fenris prometheus? Trapped for giving man the flame and being released for knowing how to stop the end of zues' reign.

There is also fenrir the wolf from Ragnarok. Although those seem to be the same thing potentially.

Also prometheus was the god of forethought, gave man theflame, and knew which son would overthrow zues as he overthrew chronos I think. Could be relevant in some way. Maybe indirectly though.
Fenris was imprisoned for biting Tyr's arm off, not for giving man the flame. Fenris is thoroughly evil and will devour the world at ragnarok.

Fenris was imprisoned for biting Tyr's arm off, not for giving man the flame. Fenris is thoroughly evil and will devour the world at ragnarok.
Fenris actually bit off Tyr's hand because he was tricked into letting the gods bind him with Gleipnir.
I don't think he was bad at first, Odin was just afraid that he had the power to kill him.
Odin was afraid Fenris could kill him, so he sent a group to trick him. They actually acted like they just wanted to test his strength, but they were just trying to find what would work to bind him. When they got to Gleipnir, Fenris sensed that something was odd about it. He had Tyr put his hand in his mouth as a show of trust, and if he couldn't escape the bind he would bite off Tyr's hand. They tricked him and Tyr lost his hand, as was the deal.

It's really a story of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Odin had Fenris bound because of his fear, and that led to Fenris growing more angry towards him as time passed. During Ragnarok, he kills Odin for what he did.

I always liked that story. :p

Were there any systems or words that did not fit the events or books? Anything indicating anything new that hasn't been checked?

Wasn't at least one of the HR/HIP systems one where Salome briefly hid out, or maybe where ......... err what's his name..... damn it, can't remember, her side kick (Hassan?), where his family came from? Sod it, I'll do a word search in the books! ;)
Hmm, can't find my copy of Reclamation atm...

Were there any systems or words that did not fit the events or books? Anything indicating anything new that hasn't been checked?
Yea, would like to know that too.
So I've participated in this thread for the final 3-4 months and can proudly announce I didn't contribute anything to solving the puzzle. Now I'm sad lol.
Same here! lol, I've not got a foggiest about decryption, and when words are mushed together I really struggle to see anything (and I'm rubbish at Scrabble! ;)).

Jorki
Eulexia & HIP 17519 are not in Premonition.
I can't find HIP 17519 in Reclamation either, which is weird (or Eulexia ).
Ah, finally got it, for HIP 17519, Salome's last message at Panacea medical centre there.

HR 6421, from Premonition, it seems it was where Erimus was based.
Serebrov Terminal, HR 6421 system, Independent
Serebrov Terminal in the HR 6421 system orbited an unremarkable rocky
moon, and the terminal itself was merely a standard Coriolis affair. But that
location had a saving grace. The moon’s own orbit was remarkable, just a few
thousand kilometres beyond the edge of a dramatic system of rings circling
endlessly about a strikingly blue gas giant.
Normally the view relaxed Commander Erimus Kamzel, but today it was
unable to work its magic. His jaw was clenched, the usually clean-shaven face
sporting two day's worth of stubble.

HIP 16497 is where Bill Turner's asteroid base was in Premonition.
Hassan had given the ’crypter to Luko and retreated within the Bella Principessa,
making his way to the cockpit. He closed the door behind him, seating himself
in the second pilot’s chair. With a brief toggle of the comms system, he typed
in a complex code, watching as a progress metre moved quickly up on the
displays.
Communication established.
‘Ah, my young friend.’ The voice was rich and mellifluous. ‘We are gratified
to hear from you once again. You have a location for us?’
‘Bill Turner has a hideout in the HIP 16497 system. An asteroid …’

Re Eulexia
From EDSM :-
Eulexia is a system with a single habitable Earth-like moon, Eurydice, in orbit about the ringed gas giant Tiamoia. It was discovered by the Wagar expedition in 3264. The moon is designated as a site of exceptional beauty.
I think I see why Drew likes it ;). The ELW there, Eurydice rings a bell....

Last edited:
Wasn't at least one of the HR/HIP systems one where Salome briefly hid out, or maybe where ......... err what's his name..... damn it, can't remember, her side kick (Hassan?), where his family came from? Sod it, I'll do a word search in the books! ;)
Hmm, can't find my copy of Reclamation atm...

Yea, would like to know that too.

Same here! lol, I've not got a foggiest about decryption, and when words are mushed together I really struggle to see anything (and I'm rubbish at Scrabble! ;)).

Jorki
Eulexia & HIP 17519 are not in Premonition.
I can't find HIP 17519 in Reclamation either, which is weird (or Eulexia ).
Ah, finally got it, for HIP 17519, Salome's last message at Panacea medical centre there.

HR 6421, from Premonition, it seems it was where Erimus was based.
Serebrov Terminal, HR 6421 system, Independent
Serebrov Terminal in the HR 6421 system orbited an unremarkable rocky
moon, and the terminal itself was merely a standard Coriolis affair. But that
location had a saving grace. The moon’s own orbit was remarkable, just a few
thousand kilometres beyond the edge of a dramatic system of rings circling
endlessly about a strikingly blue gas giant.
Normally the view relaxed Commander Erimus Kamzel, but today it was
unable to work its magic. His jaw was clenched, the usually clean-shaven face
sporting two day's worth of stubble.

HIP 16497 is where Bill Turner's asteroid base was in Premonition.
Hassan had given the ’crypter to Luko and retreated within the Bella Principessa,
making his way to the cockpit. He closed the door behind him, seating himself
in the second pilot’s chair. With a brief toggle of the comms system, he typed
in a complex code, watching as a progress metre moved quickly up on the
displays.
Communication established.
‘Ah, my young friend.’ The voice was rich and mellifluous. ‘We are gratified
to hear from you once again. You have a location for us?’
‘Bill Turner has a hideout in the HIP 16497 system. An asteroid …’

Re Eulexia
From EDSM :-
Eulexia is a system with a single habitable Earth-like moon, Eurydice, in orbit about the ringed gas giant Tiamoia. It was discovered by the Wagar expedition in 3264. The moon is designated as a site of exceptional beauty.
I think I see why Drew likes it ;). The ELW there, Eurydice rings a bell....

Nicely done. The other source for searches is possibly galnet.

Err, the asteroid his station was on was blown up ;), see galnet article linked above.
Don't believe everything in the news. Premonition tells the story a bit different.

Bill (on the asteroid station) says he has a surprise for 'our Imperial friends' (the attackers). Then there is a huge flash of light and the station is gone.

It doesn't say he jumped, but Bill is still around.

Top Bottom