Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

Did he say say specifically who they were or just that they are in there but we still have to figure out who?

I'm honestly not really sure how to answer your question. I'm not really sure there is a connection between premonition or not. I will say that tactically the enclave is a major shift in tactics from purely defensive to offensive which is of course contrary to the original plan the club had. I really don't know what connection witch head could have to the formidine rift. Do you have a theory on this?

Just that they were in there. CoR had a massive analysis of Galnet and have some suspects. It was posted somewhere on this forum.

OK, moving on.

Forget about the Rift for a moment. Finding the Zurara there was simply proof Salome, Rebecca, and all the rest aren't crazy about the Club running the show.

Her final plea was for us to remember. Remember what?

Quick review time: Salome embarked from 46 Eridani. Luko found the Thargoid fleet not far from there. It's also close to 70 COL where Wreaken was making ships to fight the Thargoids. 46 Eridani is about 100 light years from the Witch Head Nebula (in fact, the Witch Head Science Center was the only fallback for CMDRs battling during Premonition).

Over two years later we have a very large, quick build up of human forces in the area supposedly looking to secure meta alloys. The Thargoids attacked and certainly have interests in the area. The Interstellar Initiative literally describes what we built - an enclave - a harbor of human power among a sea of Thargoids.

Did we remember like she said? I've never felt that the Club truly went away. Salome nearly ruined it all for them and so they did a very reasonable thing: went to ground and waited for time to pass us by. I'm absolutely tin-foiling here, but I've kept my ears to the tracks this entire time. Looks a bit suspicious in this light, don't you think?

Just that they were in there. CoR had a massive analysis of Galnet and have some suspects. It was posted somewhere on this forum.

OK, moving on.

Forget about the Rift for a moment. Finding the Zurara there was simply proof Salome, Rebecca, and all the rest aren't crazy about the Club running the show.

Her final plea was for us to remember. Remember what?

Quick review time: Salome embarked from 46 Eridani. Luko found the Thargoid fleet not far from there. It's also close to 70 COL where Wreaken was making ships to fight the Thargoids. 46 Eridani is about 100 light years from the Witch Head Nebula (in fact, the Witch Head Science Center was the only fallback for CMDRs battling during Premonition).

Over two years later we have a very large, quick build up of human forces in the area supposedly looking to secure meta alloys. The Thargoids attacked and certainly have interests in the area. The Interstellar Initiative literally describes what we built - an enclave - a harbor of human power among a sea of Thargoids.

Did we remember like she said? I've never felt that the Club truly went away. Salome nearly ruined it all for them and so they did a very reasonable thing: went to ground and waited for time to pass us by. I'm absolutely tin-foiling here, but I've kept my ears to the tracks this entire time. Looks a bit suspicious in this light, don't you think?
Are you saying that the club members may be reasserting themselves? If that's true could Chloe Sedesi be one of them?

Now I don't know if this relates at all to the club but I have heard compelling arguments that the thargoids may originate in or near Barnards loop. If that is true then using the witchhead nebula as a forward operating base as a staging point for a future offensive into the heart of their territory would be a great strategy.

Are you saying that the club members may be reasserting themselves? If that's true could Chloe Sedesi be one of them?

Now I don't know if this relates at all to the club but I have heard compelling arguments that the thargoids may originate in or near Barnards loop. If that is true then using the witchhead nebula as a forward operating base as a staging point for a future offensive into the heart of their territory would be a great strategy.
Ooh, suspense!

I think so, yes. All the Engineers are Club supported, though some are more excited about that than others maybe (Bill Turner, for example). Sedesi is also Palin's protege and he just beat feet back to the Bubble recently. Didn't we hear he had Thargoids in the basement of his old Maia base?

Now here's something really creepy. Check out Barnard's Loop. Sure I'm just eyeballing it, but you can draw a line straight from BL through the Bubble to Colonia. Jaques Station is just a hair over 22,000 light years from Shinrarta Dehzra. Only Guardian tech broker in Colonia calls Jaques Station home too. BL looks a bit like a lens, don't it?

Could it all means something? Maybe. Maybe not. But I don't really believe in coincidences.

Drew has since said all the members of the Club have been mentioned in Galnet.

Beyond that, what do you make of the Witch Head Nebula? In my view, the plot's likely continued which explains the call to remember what happened in Premonition.
The Witch Head Nebula expansion is clearly a continuation of the story in Premonition. Even in 'Out of the Darkness' it was explained that the Oresrians planned to start a minor conflict with humans. The purpose of this was to strengthen human ability stand up to the Kalxians and to learn tactics from human pilots.
The Thargoids are notoriously slow adapters, but what they lack in creativity they retain in their learning ability. As one goid learns, the entire hive learns.

I don't know if Oresrian tactics are going according to plan or if the idea has backfired. They may have miscalculated the effect humans have on their environment. The Witch Head expansion is mainly a drive for Meta Alloys, not a combat tactical move.

We will see what happens. I don't expect anything really big, until the 2020 fall update.

The Witch Head Nebula expansion is clearly a continuation of the story in Premonition. Even in 'Out of the Darkness' it was explained that the Oresrians planned to start a minor conflict with humans. The purpose of this was to strengthen human ability stand up to the Kalxians and to learn tactics from human pilots.
The Thargoids are notoriously slow adapters, but what they lack in creativity they retain in their learning ability. As one goid learns, the entire hive learns.

I don't know if Oresrian tactics are going according to plan or if the idea has backfired. They may have miscalculated the effect humans have on their environment. The Witch Head expansion is mainly a drive for Meta Alloys, not a combat tactical move.

We will see what happens. I don't expect anything really big, until the 2020 fall update.

Somehow I missed this reply. Apologies! Very good thoughts here.

I'm keeping hopes in check, but it would be really exciting to see the Premonition arc move forward like this!

getting back to this thread...

as I am currently researching this, I ask myself:

Is the solution of this thread a hint, like it was in the "Formidine Rift"-Riddle, finding the Zurara:

Tapestry
Dark Wheel
Status Quo
Mutabilis
Incursio
Finis
Rebecca
Reclamation
Prism
Ferenchia
LTT 8740
Haoria
Premonition
COL 70
Tionisla
Reorte
Riedquat
Eulexia
Maia
Altera
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
HR 6421
Sirius
Cemiess
Chontaiko
Cypripedum
Velum
Monile

=TDSMIFRRPFLHPCTRREMASMEVHSCCCVM

CCCVM might be "1305" as latin numbers?

edit: or: 8+7+4+0+7+0+6+4+2+1=39...do we get our 1337 again?^^

Last edited:
getting back to this thread...

as I am currently researching this, I ask myself:

Is the solution of this thread a hint, like it was in the "Formidine Rift"-Riddle, finding the Zurara:

Tapestry
Dark Wheel
Status Quo
Mutabilis
Incursio
Finis
Rebecca
Reclamation
Prism
Ferenchia
LTT 8740
Haoria
Premonition
COL 70
Tionisla
Reorte
Riedquat
Eulexia
Maia
Altera
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
HR 6421
Sirius
Cemiess
Chontaiko
Cypripedum
Velum
Monile

=TDSMIFRRPFLHPCTRREMASMEVHSCCCVM

CCCVM might be "1305" as latin numbers?

edit: or: 8+7+4+0+7+0+6+4+2+1=39...do we get our 1337 again?^^

No this is not a hint. It is meant to show everything that was involved with this story arc so players can be certain if everything has been found yet.

Deleted member 166264

D
6th season STTNG episode. Picard spends practically the whole episode racing against Klingons, Cardassians, and Romulans collecting DNA from different species to search for why all of them were linked in some way. All the groups finally meet at a planet and they end up triggering a holographic message that the seeding race left behind which basically said they were the first sapient species in the Milky Way and they seeded all the other races in the galaxy, and that they were here. The link is what the Klingon's response was
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-j69iVReEU&t=2m40s

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there any interest in recording systems tagged by CMDR Salomé ?
Today I encountered a system in EAFOTS sector which had first discoveries by Salomé for the star and all four planets (but none of their moons). It is some way away (about 270LY) from the abandoned settlements and at over 360LY above the Galactic Plane the system is not directly between them and the route to the Bubble, or on the Reorte-Riedquat line. Is this important and should I survey the surrounding systems, or is it just a curiosity?
The system is Eafots CK-P c6-0
EDIT: I have searched about a dozen of the closest systems (the star density is so low that this is everything within 60LY or so) and found no more of her first discovery tags. My guess is that if she was flying the Seven Veils with the jump range I think it had (about 29 LY), then this is about as high above the Galactic Plane as she could have gone without burning jumponium or using a neutron star boost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom