TYPE-10 DEFENDER, a ship with the potential to act differently in combat.

greetings commanders, I come here to suggest a simple modification in the super heavy class combat ship Type 10, I will try to contextualize the situation using google translator due to my different language.

First of all, my favorite activity in the game is to assist my squadron with building vessel configurations and equipment testing (mainly regarding PVE / AX combat activity and a few internal PVPs, preferably in groups), I usually test all my Build with the help of friends, who accustomed to intense combat scenarios, and threats of pirates level 7. I admit that maybe it is not very common but I have fun doing it.

I always try to absorb the maximum of the configurations that I find in the ships of other commanders, always analyzing suggestions that I can apply my own ships. If the settings get a good margin of success in the stress tests, I'll suggest to anyone looking for a combat setup.

Now that you know a little of the person who is talking to you, I will tell you what I think about type 10.
Personally speaking, I quite like the ship by the look of stage boss in arcade games and others, I gave my Type 10 the name "Hresvelger" because of the vague similarity to the heavy command cruiser of the game "Ace Combat Zero". It is unfortunate to have a ship of such a robust appearance with such a low performance, only for taste and ease of acquisition would it be a viable alternative to the two largest combat ships in the game, in some respects it may be even less than the anaconda on its own proposal.

Finally the proposal! :
I think a good way to circumvent Type 10's low performance with the defense issue and the speed of maneuver without making many modifications to the current design would be to change the position of the optional 8 slot with the power distributor 7, that would leave the ship with a size 8 power distributor and two optional size 7.

if a larger modification is necessary, it would be interesting to replace the optional slot 6 with some size 5 slots and one slot 7 with some 6.

with this ship, I do not see much use for the slot 8 optional because it does not accumulate much shield anyway and still has problem the current power distributor also can not sustain well the consumption of shield size biwave 8 without suffering a enormous bottleneck, directly impacting its recharge (which, not to mention cost and consumption, is its only strong point in a combat).

The type 10 does not have many strengths in combat comparing its alternatives, but if we can not have the benefit of the accumulation (as in other big ships), changing the position of some slots and even changing some big slots for several smaller if possible , we can still have the advantage of distributor recharge, DPS, power management, hull resistance, module protection, and even take advantage of guardian shield enhancers (which makes a lot of difference in ships with low shields).

This is me with my TYPE-10 still in my early stages with thargoids in a thargoid threat level 5, I believe that currently my understanding of configuration construction is already a little better than the time I made the video, I learned a lot watching other commanders in AX and PVP battles.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns2Fqy0C1tY

a T10 should be flown with size 8 biweaves engineered for fast recharge. The regen on a size 8 biweave is insane. If flown skillfully against a Cyclops it can regen fast enough to never lose shields with no boosters...and if you DO have an "oops" and lose shields, they regen in less than a minute.

Interestingly enough, a T10 can hull tank an entire Cyclops fight (even multiple Cyclops fights) as well with no shields at all when flown with some skill.

what the T10 really needs is enough speed to at least keep up with, if not barely outrun a Thargoid since that's what it was designed to do - fight Thargoids

It was balanced fine for the Cyclops but when FDev started copy/pasting other Thargoids and just cranking up all their stats, the T10 became useless.

Last edited:
the video was one of my first battles with thargoid, the cyclops is not the problem, it's not even enough to be a problem actually.
my proposal was to make the ship something more between the anaconda and the corvette.

Its potential to do some hurt is undeniable. I had one early on when they first came out. It would smack mediums around pretty serious(Which I don't really consider a huge achievement because of raw stats alone), and beat on below-average larges. PvP spec Vettes and similar ships were a problem.

Defensively, their shields put them at a huge disadvantage, leaving you exposed much earlier than any of the large combat ships. You can double up on module reinforcement, but then you start to sacrifice armor, and it gets to the point where you might as well be flying an Anaconda.

something must be done to it that I'm 100% sure of. I like your idea OP. I also like the comment of putting all Hardpoints to the front OR at least make them able to converge.

my idea awhile ago was to just allow it to have an extra optional interal and let it have2 SLF fighters active

something frontier ...

Not bad ideas, but I would also suggest size 8 thrusters.
7's just don't cut it with this size of ship.

At least the Imperial Space Dong won't be the only ship with the 8's.

Now that I think about it, I demand size 8 thrusters for my Corvette too.
What gives that the Fed don't have a size 8 thrusted ship??
Who came up with this travesty?

Now I'm mad and in the mood to riot!

X.

greetings commanders, I come here to suggest a simple modification in the super heavy class combat ship Type 10, I will try to contextualize the situation using google translator due to my different language.

First of all, my favorite activity in the game is to assist my squadron with building vessel configurations and equipment testing (mainly regarding PVE / AX combat activity and a few internal PVPs, preferably in groups), I usually test all my Build with the help of friends, who accustomed to intense combat scenarios, and threats of pirates level 7. I admit that maybe it is not very common but I have fun doing it.

I always try to absorb the maximum of the configurations that I find in the ships of other commanders, always analyzing suggestions that I can apply my own ships. If the settings get a good margin of success in the stress tests, I'll suggest to anyone looking for a combat setup.

Now that you know a little of the person who is talking to you, I will tell you what I think about type 10.
Personally speaking, I quite like the ship by the look of stage boss in arcade games and others, I gave my Type 10 the name "Hresvelger" because of the vague similarity to the heavy command cruiser of the game "Ace Combat Zero". It is unfortunate to have a ship of such a robust appearance with such a low performance, only for taste and ease of acquisition would it be a viable alternative to the two largest combat ships in the game, in some respects it may be even less than the anaconda on its own proposal.

Finally the proposal! :
I think a good way to circumvent Type 10's low performance with the defense issue and the speed of maneuver without making many modifications to the current design would be to change the position of the optional 8 slot with the power distributor 7, that would leave the ship with a size 8 power distributor and two optional size 7.

if a larger modification is necessary, it would be interesting to replace the optional slot 6 with some size 5 slots and one slot 7 with some 6.

with this ship, I do not see much use for the slot 8 optional because it does not accumulate much shield anyway and still has problem the current power distributor also can not sustain well the consumption of shield size biwave 8 without suffering a enormous bottleneck, directly impacting its recharge (which, not to mention cost and consumption, is its only strong point in a combat).

The type 10 does not have many strengths in combat comparing its alternatives, but if we can not have the benefit of the accumulation (as in other big ships), changing the position of some slots and even changing some big slots for several smaller if possible , we can still have the advantage of distributor recharge, DPS, power management, hull resistance, module protection, and even take advantage of guardian shield enhancers (which makes a lot of difference in ships with low shields).

This is me with my TYPE-10 still in my early stages with thargoids in a thargoid threat level 5, I believe that currently my understanding of configuration construction is already a little better than the time I made the video, I learned a lot watching other commanders in AX and PVP battles.

I agree that the T10 needs some oomph. I like your suggestion.
It looks like a prehistoric beast and I would like it to have the endurance and power of one too.

In general I think that a large monster ship like the T10 should have to rely more on turrets.
A ship of that bulk should not have to, and nor should it be able to, behave like a fighter.
I think currently FDev is stimulating fighter behaviour for big ships too much.
I think ships like the T10 should get specialized turret mounts in stead of general use hard points.
Perhaps they could keep 2 general use hard points at the front, depending on the shape of their hull, but the rest should be turrets
I also think that big ships should be able to launch 2 fighters instead of one.

I think these fundamental changes would make big ships feel much more like big ships, instead of heavy fighters.

We also need a solid NPC crew system for these big vessels, we should not be able to have fully functioning big vessels without at least a skeleton crew, but that is a subject for another day.

Finally the proposal! :

Ha! We both named our Type-10s the same name, for the same reason. Repped for good taste, and because your avatar makes me feel nostalgic.

needs size 8 PD and size 8 thrusters.. this would make make the ship a competitor.

Given its size even, it would make sense. It should be able to fit EVERYTHING it needs.

Just look at the size of its thrusters aesthetically...they are bigger than most ships

needs size 8 PD and size 8 thrusters.. this would make make the ship a competitor.

Given its size even, it would make sense. It should be able to fit EVERYTHING it needs.

Just look at the size of its thrusters aesthetically...they are bigger than most ships
Then i demand the beluga have all size 8 internals, it IS the biggest ship in the game after all

Top Bottom