Ships Type 10 Defender Club

OwO
I just looooove it!

4j9H8RF.jpg

My 10th Royal Defender!

Though hardpont's seem to have a lil issue with shooting all of them straight ahead... need to aim the ship sligtly lower than your target to get all guns singing

power distributor problems?
No Problems here! :D
cCbvKJE.jpg

I haven't had much time to fully outfit and use my Type-10, however my first impressions are great!

The ship is surprisingly nimble for its size. It's not fast, and the yaw speed is quite slow, but pitch/roll are quick even with under-powered thrusters. It also runs incredibly cool which will be vital during my rescue efforts flying into the burning stations assisting Thargoid attack refugees.

I can't wait to spend more time with it in the coming days/weeks.

Yeah I bought one yesterday, decked it out for combat (spending 480 million credits!!!) and spent most of my day flying it around trying it out with various weapon loadouts. It’s an interesting ship, being basically a tanky, more agile, faster T9 with serious teeth. I actually sold my T9 yesterday as I didn’t see a point in keeping it now. I absolutely love the way the T10 looks, it might honestly be my favorite ship in the game from an aesthetics point of view. I still think I prefer my FDL for straight up combat, but as a multirole combat ship the T10 could be a lot of fun. Like mining in a HRES sites for example, if anyone has the gall to attack you just open the turrets up launch the SLF and keep right on mining! Once I get the T10 thoroughly engineered I feel like it’s going to be a beast of a ship.

This weekend I’m going to do some salvage work in my T10, and if any pirates try to take my cargo then I’ll just destroy them instead of running away, lol.

9ivKYDG.jpg

So with my T10, I engineered size 8 bi weaves and the melt like butter. 55% resistance at that. I know this is meant as a hull tank, but I think that's it. I may drop the shields all together and just use hull packages.

So with my T10, I engineered size 8 bi weaves and the melt like butter. 55% resistance at that. I know this is meant as a hull tank, but I think that's it. I may drop the shields all together and just use hull packages.

Do you have any shield boosters installed? Yesterday I was running with 4 boosters + 8C bi-weave, non modded yet, and it wasn’t doing too bad. The problem was if the shields did drop then reforming them slayed my SYS capacitor. I put 7C bi-weaves on her last night, going to try them out tonight in an HRES to see if I like it better.

I got one and lost shields and dropped to 87 hull just getting out of the mail slot - I may have to practice a bit - never did that my T9!!

I'm liking it so far.

I stuffed an already-modded FSD on it, and stole a charge-enhanced PD from one of my other ships. I took the 7C biweave shield off my 'Conda and stuffed in a couple of left-over shield boosters.

I have a whopping 437MJ shield, but I took it to the HIGHRES anyway, to get a feel for how it flies and such. I didn't die. I thought it handled like a massive barge, it was glorious. If an NPC wants to ram you, it will succeed. There's no dodging in this thing.

The view from the cockpit is excellent!

U52czL1.jpg

It looks rather magnificent sitting on a planet:

T1Kc801.png

And it's pretty in the air, too.

emZTKrH.png

Supercruise handling is very sluggish. Regular handling is better, but still sluggish, and wow does it drift forever. I like it, actually. It feels humongous.

Oddly, I've had no problems docking it. But I have yet to go OUT of the slot without bumping. You gotta be centered, man. Really centered. :)

Now I have to spend some time looking at loadouts and engineering to decide how I want to fit it out.

Last edited:
I'm loving it, went for shielded everything having more power than capacity to pump it, and being that you are a sitting duck if your drives go down.
Reverb cas on 3 torps, drag munitions on 2 missile racks and 3 large incendiary multis, 1 corrosive. Absolutely wrecking in elite level assassinations, and really manoeuvrable all considered.

No issue with weapon draw on that load out, but an issue with slow recharge overall if boosting recovering shield and shooting at the same time.
So yeah it could do with a buff in that one PD area, but still a lot of fun

Just enjoying training up a so far highly overpaid SLF pilot.

Last edited:
Bought one. I actually quite like the default paint job.
wd2hHQk.png

Never having owned a T9, it's size is quite impressive.
z1EngBk.png

This last shot really shows how large it is. What's that glowy thing down there?
UOYORXa.png

Anyway, I built mine as an armed trader. Grd 5 engineered the PD, FSD, and thrusters, then slapped on a hull rienf, mod reinf, 4 beams, 5(!) multicannons, and 4 shield boosters. Downgraded the powerplant to a grd 3 engineered C7. Haven't engineered weapons or tried combat yet, but will, lol. Was quite shocked at the price to equip this thing though. But gives me something to haul 400+ units of cargo in while I grind rank cargo hauls.

Bought one. I actually quite like the default paint job.
https://i.imgur.com/wd2hHQk.png
Never having owned a T9, it's size is quite impressive.
https://i.imgur.com/z1EngBk.png
This last shot really shows how large it is. What's that glowy thing down there?
https://i.imgur.com/UOYORXa.png
Anyway, I built mine as an armed trader. Grd 5 engineered the PD, FSD, and thrusters, then slapped on a hull rienf, mod reinf, 4 beams, 5(!) multicannons, and 4 shield boosters. Downgraded the powerplant to a grd 3 engineered C7. Haven't engineered weapons or tried combat yet, but will, lol. Was quite shocked at the price to equip this thing though. But gives me something to haul 400+ units of cargo in while I grind rank cargo hauls.

That thing in the 3rd image appears to be a door to what appears to be a balcony (or it could just be a maintenance hatch).

All this detail on the ships just make me want to walk around them so bad.

cHGfONx.png

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing what I can coax out of it; my thoughts on the PD size have been shared elsewhere. Also, triggering or not, I do like the spoiler. Looks great with the wing tips. I'm starting to really like Type-10. Which is not good.

Much grind I sense in you, commander.

Last edited:
Stripped and sold my Anaconda and T9 to make a RES miner / mission runner. c7 biweaves, 256 tons of cargo, 2 large burst turrets, two large multis, a trio of railguns, and I fighter.

I love this ship.

Handles awesome, great range (coming from primarily Core Dynamics ships), good defense, good offense, and top-notch looks.

Definitely one of my favorite in the game.

Top Bottom