Ships Type 10 Defender Club

I have 4 large overcharged Mc with autoloader, 2 double shot flak cannons turrets with screening shot and a size 2 and 2 size 1 rails in a very tight formation. I can pop an elite anaconda in under a minute and the flak cannons simply shred the smaller ships that think flying over me to get behind is a good idea.
As for handling... In supercruise the trick is that the type 10 has fairly good yaw, so roll And yaw turns you faster. As for regular flight I have G5 dirty drives with drag drives. Learning fa off boost turning I can snap the ship around on a dime.
It's an acquired taste for sure but with 8k hull and 3k shields (biweaves) and 9 guns saying it's bad for combat is a bit off. If you're trying to fight like you're flying an FDL yes. You don't dogfight in a tank. You smash the crap out of things.

I'm just past Sag A on the way to beagle point. I do not regret leaving my phantom home. There's no other ship I'd rather spend several months in the black in than my type 10. Even took it canyon racing ;) But that's why there are different ships. Everyone likes something different

I have 4 large overcharged Mc with autoloader, 2 double shot flak cannons turrets with screening shot and a size 2 and 2 size 1 rails in a very tight formation. I can pop an elite anaconda in under a minute and the flak cannons simply shred the smaller ships that think flying over me to get behind is a good idea.
As for handling... In supercruise the trick is that the type 10 has fairly good yaw, so roll And yaw turns you faster. As for regular flight I have G5 dirty drives with drag drives. Learning fa off boost turning I can snap the ship around on a dime.
It's an acquired taste for sure but with 8k hull and 3k shields (biweaves) and 9 guns saying it's bad for combat is a bit off. If you're trying to fight like you're flying an FDL yes. You don't dogfight in a tank. You smash the crap out of things.

I might give that load out a try. Do you have a build link?

I'm currently using a stack of seeker missiles (mainly because I like watching them zoom around), but un-engineered so its not the most effective.

The T10 is my SLF ship when it's not my mining ship or my exploration ship. Pack it full of nothing but hull and shield reinforcements, cover it in turrets, and I get heavy fire support from a giant brick while I zoom around missing everything. Tremendous fun.

The T10 is my SLF ship when it's not my mining ship or my exploration ship. Pack it full of nothing but hull and shield reinforcements, cover it in turrets, and I get heavy fire support from a giant brick while I zoom around missing everything. Tremendous fun.

I've never actually tested this - if you have a mothership kitted out with turrets set to fire at will, will they fire on enemies while they're unmanned or do you still need an NPC pilot?

I've never actually tested this - if you have a mothership kitted out with turrets set to fire at will, will they fire on enemies while they're unmanned or do you still need an NPC pilot?

They fire. The ship has rudimentary autopilot and can follow you around while you're in your fighter, crew or no. It'll only fire turreted fire-at-will weapons, though, because that's the only thing the ship's already capable of doing automatically.

I take it you mean ram them to finish them off?

Got me a T-10 yesterday for mining. Cargo space, check! The two small hardpoints are perfectly positioned for abrasion blasters, check! Center medium slot for the seismic charges, check! The rest is filled up with gimballed beam lasers (efficient eng). Works pretty well against PvE. When I arrive at the hotspot, I start by taking out the pirates. Just aim and hold the trigger till they pop (after a few seconds). Doesn't drain the power and doesn't overheat. You don't have to bother flying around. Just pitch and yaw like a turret. Then use collector limpets to scavenge the mats.

The cockpit is excellent for mining using VR. The only "problem" is the size of this thing. The mail slot and distance between the asteroids becomes half sized compared to a Conda (which is big). However, the hull strenght combined with a BIG shield fixes that. Then it's really good for mining. The lack of speed and the visibility works very well together. I've noticed that in the Conda i fail to see juicy rocks, while blasting along. Not so with a T-10. 205 mill in my first go.

Nice thingy. I like! :)

This is my T10 Miner. You could replace the fighter bay with a fuel scoop and you're all set. I'm leaning toward combat abilities with my T10, but you could certainly reduce some weight and increase you jump range a bit.

Edit:
Engine color is red.

Thanks!
few more questions:
whats the deal with Pulse Wave Analyser, do i need it?
is AMFU necessary? im thinking about replacing it with second cargo rack,
8 bins is enough? i can afford 4A refinery,
does pirates are threat in open space?

// Im considering green or purple o_O

1 - whats the deal with Pulse Wave Analyser, do i need it?
2 - is AMFU necessary? im thinking about replacing it with second cargo rack,
3 - 8 bins is enough? i can afford 4A refinery,
4 - does pirates are threat in open space?
1 - It allows you to scan for "better quality" asteroids and discover if they're crackable. You'll want this if you plan to do "core" mining.
2 - This allows you to repair internal modules. It's useful on long trips, outside the bubble, where repairing at a station isn't an option.
3 - If you're core mining and only grabbing void opals, for example, then you only need a couple bins. I prefer 8-10 bins for strip mining.
4 - There's nearly always a threat of pirates but the chances decrease, the further out you get, I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom