Ships Type 10 Defender Club

Hi all CMDRs, if you had to pick one ship in this game, would it be a Type 10? Basically I need a ship to be my crutch because, well, I'm not that skilled and feel I need carrying. This is mainly for Solo PvE against NPCs.

At the moment I have an Asp-X, Krait Mk II and a Python. I took someone's advice and rigged the Asp as a taxi. The Krait is at home and the Python is set up doing VIP missions.

But I feel having multiple ships is a waste and hence why I'm asking here. Reading the forums it seems the next logical step is an Anaconda, but correct me if I'm wrong, this was before the Type 10 was introduced. And it seems the Type 10 would be great for normal mining and still do core mining although that's a big boring for me.

What are your thoughts?

Hi all CMDRs, if you had to pick one ship in this game, would it be a Type 10? Basically I need a ship to be my crutch because, well, I'm not that skilled and feel I need carrying. This is mainly for Solo PvE against NPCs.

At the moment I have an Asp-X, Krait Mk II and a Python. I took someone's advice and rigged the Asp as a taxi. The Krait is at home and the Python is set up doing VIP missions.

But I feel having multiple ships is a waste and hence why I'm asking here. Reading the forums it seems the next logical step is an Anaconda, but correct me if I'm wrong, this was before the Type 10 was introduced. And it seems the Type 10 would be great for normal mining and still do core mining although that's a big boring for me.

What are your thoughts?

Yes, but that that doesn't mean it would be the right answer for you. I'm currently at Beagle Point, in my Type 10. 65k LY and I have a Krait Phantom with a 64LY jump range. I realized if I was going to be in one ship for 6 months, it had to be my Type 10. The only thing I can't do well with her (other than landing at outposts of course) is soloing anything larger than a Cyclops Interceptor, I'm going to work on that when I get back to the Bubble.

Luckily, though, you don't have to only have one ship. If you're not that good at fighting, keep in mind that when I'm geared for fighting my potential rebuy is 38 million. I'm at a point where I can eat that easily, but I haven't had to. Maybe go for a smaller ship that has good shields and weapons. Don't overlook your Krait Mk2. I can take down Basilisks solo with it and it is a fast ship, so you can usually boost away from trouble. The Type 10 is not a fast ship, it's tough though, and you can always high wake out assuming the NPC hasn't sniped out your FSD.

Also don't overlook the training. Truth be told I can usually not finish the advanced one, don't worry about it. you're not actually going to be in an unengineered sidewinder vs 3 npcs ;) it's just really good practice for no risk.

Last edited:
@Radixbase: I'm also a big Type10 fan. Tried to switch to other ships like the Anaconda but somehow I just like my type10 a lot more… I'm currently searching for the perfect loadout to hit AX CZs... ideally for both scouts and cyclops. Can you Maybe share your loadout? You seem to be very experienced. Thanks in advance!

PS: I tried 4 big shards yesterday but was not impressed because in AX CZ the cyclops is never so close like when you solo it... will probably switch to 2 big AX Multis, 2 medium gauss (will probably use the L and M slot on the top right of the ship for perfect convergence), then Maybe 2 small beams, 3 Flaks and 1 large burst or beam...

@Radixbase: I'm also a big Type10 fan. Tried to switch to other ships like the Anaconda but somehow I just like my type10 a lot more… I'm currently searching for the perfect loadout to hit AX CZs... ideally for both scouts and cyclops. Can you Maybe share your loadout? You seem to be very experienced. Thanks in advance!
I would but I'm in beagle point right now. Nowhere near a station to dock and upload my config so I'll need to do it manually later tonight but yes I'll post it later

Thought you Type 10 fans might be interested... below is the EDSM entry for Semotus Beacon, the actual farthest point that any ship in the game can reach (Beagle Point is actually not the farthest). I have circled at the bottom under the traffic report, the ship types that have made it there, including a Type 10 Defender, that would be my ship, Burning Chrome :) Also, that green icon at the top of the galaxy there is me.

I think my T10 is broken.

one of the Hardpoints is missing its visuals. Can anyone with a t10 confirm that this is not just a glitch or mistake on my end?
For testing i mounted 9 class 1 fixed pulse lasers. You can see on the screenshot that one is not firing. I checked i on the debug cam and the weapon that has no light effect is actually doing the firing animation (rotating) but not producing the laser light effect.

Checked again by putting lasers in different fire groups. one is flat out not shooting. No visual, no energy drain.

I'd check, but I'm out in the black right now.

Maybe assign the troublemaker to a separate fire group to test separately from the others..

Been away from the game for three years and just came back a week ago. Discovered the Type 10 and had a revelation.

In short, I have a dream. A dream of a massive brick of a ship, an irregular oblong with a fantail of a spoiler and short, stubby useless wings, standing tall on chicken leg landing gear. A ship I purchased last night, and promptly named the Millennium Poultry.

What, you've never heard of the Millennium Poultry? She's the ship that made the Kentucky Run in 11 herbs and spices.

Now to get her fitted up and engineered... I think I've found my perfect ship.

Its a marvelous ship. GL HF with it.

... and today would be a wonderful day to make a Kentucky Run and take that bucket of herbs and spices to a park for a picnic

Its a marvelous ship. GL HF with it.

I'm pretty simplistic the way I play. I've not discovered the social side of the game. Just playing solo mode. My main credit gaining activity thus far is surface mining. I don't core mine as I play with mouse and keyboard.

I have four ships. I mine in the Corvette but the rear position of the cockpit makes depth perception a little hard. So I'm looking for a new miner with a sizable cargo storage and front cockpit. Type 10 and 9 suit the task, as does the iCutter. I don't hunt Thargoids etc so that's not a concern. I simply go mining for a few hours when I need credits.

I know the Anaconda suits also, but there's something, probably illogical to avoid buying a Conda. Too common? The big square hull underneath?

Anyway the Type-10 with just the 8M cargo is 512 t and that's ample. In fact the ship kits out well as a miner. Also I see the Type-10 as more versatile than the Type-9.

Anyone care to share some thoughts?

I'm pretty simplistic the way I play. I've not discovered the social side of the game. Just playing solo mode. My main credit gaining activity thus far is surface mining. I don't core mine as I play with mouse and keyboard.

I have four ships. I mine in the Corvette but the rear position of the cockpit makes depth perception a little hard. So I'm looking for a new miner with a sizable cargo storage and front cockpit. Type 10 and 9 suit the task, as does the iCutter. I don't hunt Thargoids etc so that's not a concern. I simply go mining for a few hours when I need credits.

I know the Anaconda suits also, but there's something, probably illogical to avoid buying a Conda. Too common? The big square hull underneath?

Anyway the Type-10 with just the 8M cargo is 512 t and that's ample. In fact the ship kits out well as a miner. Also I see the Type-10 as more versatile than the Type-9.

Anyone care to share some thoughts?
The Python does alright it hauls a good load and is a good all around ship.

Top Bottom